Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007 | 02:19 PM
Gandara
Pro

Originally Posted by E55AMG
I realize that your in the restaurant business in Korea, so if you can be a responsible guardian and not let your chef cook the dog to create an entre', I promise it will attract the chicks.
LMAO!!!! I almost blew my morning drink out of my nose on that one!

OK, I'll bite to. First of all I think you may be trying WAY TO HARD with the ladies and it's coming across that way. Chill a bit. You see lot's of hot looking girls with, umm, shall we say, less than handsome guys? You seem successful, they like that.

I think the whole hot car thing is a bit hyped when it comes to girls. Most are clueless, although teenage boys will be drooling over your car - don't think that's what you're after.

You keep mentioning your looks - care to post a pic of yourself so we can see? We may have to change our strategy [/QUOTE]

I concur. Most hot girls w/ semi guys are usually with them because those guys take the risk of talking to them when obviously no other guy would approach that intimidating of a female.
I also think that your car(turbo) will make more guys drool than girls.
If you have "class" than I think the only thing left is self-confidence and you're set to go. No need for a car, although a turbo would be nice. (^_^)
Old 12-15-2007 | 03:35 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by PrinceKalbi
I'm offended and feel like I should respond.

Originally Posted by PrinceKalbi
I'm a very self-confident person but I know my limits.

I like it when the troll plays hurt in an attempt to induce guilt. It's classic stuff!
Old 12-15-2007 | 04:23 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
I like it when the troll plays hurt in an attempt to induce guilt. It's classic stuff!
What makes you think he's a troll? He hasn't put down anyone on the board, he writes cogent prose, and he's upfront with his motives. Sounds like a stand-up guy to me.

Any one of us would be deluding ourselves if we said that other people just like him don't exist: people who want attractive women and who are willing to spend for attention. This guy just happened to come to Rennlist.
Old 12-15-2007 | 05:10 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

If my test drive today was any indication, he needs to get an Aston Martin V8 Vantage if he wants chicks' attention. I had people pulling up on the road taking pictures, people on the street pointing... WTF
Old 12-15-2007 | 05:37 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
What makes you think he's a troll? He hasn't put down anyone on the board, he writes cogent prose, and he's upfront with his motives. Sounds like a stand-up guy to me.

Any one of us would be deluding ourselves if we said that other people just like him don't exist: people who want attractive women and who are willing to spend for attention. This guy just happened to come to Rennlist.
That's a legit question. The belief is of course individually mine as I don't speak for anyone else... and it is based on my belief that sincere adults do not demean themselves or put themselves down under the pretense of honesty. The posts are so unnecessarily detailed in their self-deprecation that they appear to me as false.

In a nutshell, sincere adults do not behave this way... and if, having behaved this way, he is not sincere then he is insincere. If insincere, then he has an ulterior motive, the definition of which, "...lying beyond what is evident, revealed, or avowed, especially being concealed intentionally so as to deceive...", is the method of a "troll".

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 12-15-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: improper use of "methodology" in a sentence.
Old 12-16-2007 | 12:51 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

OK, I can't resist and am going to give you a woman's point of view. I don't think you need a Turbo or a GT3 (I prefer the turbo for a daily driver, the GT3 if you are going to track it). Sounds like you need a shrink. Any woman with dignity and any brains in her head will not hop in the sack just over a nice car. If you want a woman like that, just head to the red light district and it will cost you much less than either car. Sorry, but we are being honest here right!
Old 12-16-2007 | 01:04 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

greta you should have said buy my car- it's a chick magnet. duh
Old 12-16-2007 | 01:15 AM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
greta you should have said buy my car- it's a chick magnet. duh
LOL - you crack me up!
Old 12-16-2007 | 01:23 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Get a bright red ferarri drop top and see if it helps make the girls drop theirs' - I think red ferarris are probably the cars that impress women the most....or you could find whichever porsche has the larger number on the window sticker and put the sticker on the passenger window! I honestly don't think women know the difference between top of the line porsches. If its obvious that the car is new and has colors that are attractive that should be all you need. Could even pull that with a Cayman or a Boxster and they probably wouldn't know you didn't drop $175 large and were driving a new GT3RS. I rarely drive my car and don't use it to attract women, just for my own enjoyment. Its not new but I've noticed it does sometimes attract women's attention at gas stations etc. It may just be that I live in southern CA and more women know what a porsche is but I don't think they care if its a 993 or a brand new 997 turbo, they just think "cute little sports car".
Old 12-16-2007 | 01:35 AM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ms.Greta
OK, I can't resist and am going to give you a woman's point of view. I don't think you need a Turbo or a GT3 (I prefer the turbo for a daily driver, the GT3 if you are going to track it). Sounds like you need a shrink. Any woman with dignity and any brains in her head will not hop in the sack just over a nice car. If you want a woman like that, just head to the red light district and it will cost you much less than either car. Sorry, but we are being honest here right!
Ouch!!
Old 12-16-2007 | 01:41 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

You know what guys? Most of us here live in the states and he's dealing with a different culture in a different country. Although it may not seem that its good taste to some of you, it may just be the way things work around there. You know, the whole money and security thing is an indication of a good provider, husband etc? I say if you're going to do it, go with the white GT3 because a white car will be easier to see at night time parked out in front. Besides, a GT3 is a cooler car anyway IMO.
Old 12-16-2007 | 02:27 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
You know what guys? Most of us here live in the states and he's dealing with a different culture in a different country. Although it may not seem that its good taste to some of you, it may just be the way things work around there. You know, the whole money and security thing is an indication of a good provider, husband etc? I say if you're going to do it, go with the white GT3 because a white car will be easier to see at night time parked out in front. Besides, a GT3 is a cooler car anyway IMO.
How dare you enter our sacred 997 Turbo forum and say such a thing? A GT3 over the 997 Turbo? Do you think that any of the Turbo owners would even consider crashing the GT3 forum telling them they prefer the Turbo over a GT3?
Old 12-17-2007 | 12:20 AM
john0719
Racer

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Is this the guy?

Or perhaps this guy?

ROFLAO, that picture made my day! Yes, there's definitely a cultural difference in what women seek in cultures outside of the U.S. To make a long story short, East Asian women dig a guy with $$$ than one without it.
Old 12-17-2007 | 04:23 AM
gradyex
Racer

I just picked myself off the floor! That photo is hilarious! A convertible is the way to go so that makes the choice an easy one. Mastiffdog +1
Old 12-17-2007 | 11:34 AM
manny_g
Burning Brakes

this has to be one of the funniest post i've ever come accross.....but what really surprised me is all of the responses..i thought that most of you guys were hard core enthusiasts and would really bash this guy for posting this here..i am gald that most of us are really open minded here and actually gave this guy your honest advice..

+1 for all you rennlisters..

Quick Reply: Serious Question: GT3 vs Turbo