Thoughts and ideas on this spec please

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007 | 11:03 AM
khaosai
AutoX

Default Thoughts and ideas on this spec please

Hi,

first post so go easy !.

Looking for tips, ideas, thoughts etc on the spec below for a turbo with a May 08 delivery. All feedback, good or bad welcome.

Arctic silver, manual. Black interior.

Adaptive sports seats.
Footrests in sports look.
Floor mats.

Park assist.
Sport shifter.
Sports chrono package.

Thicker 3 spoke sports steering wheel in leather.
Porsche crest on head restraints.
Rear section of centre console in leather.
Sun visors leather.
Rear view mirror leather.
Lid of storage bin with turbo logo.

PCM package aluminium look.
Sports seats backrests aluminium look.
Belt outlet B pillars aluminium look.

Red tailights.

Trying to select an aluminium handbrake but does not seem to allow that unless i go for the tiptronic option too. Any ideas on this ?.

Thought about silver/grey seatbelts but might be overdoing it a little.

Regards from Dubai.
Old 11-04-2007 | 11:52 AM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Nice car. You might want to consider GT silver...much "richer" looking silver IMHO. Silver seat belts will look great, and you might want to add some silver deviating stiching throughout the cabin. Good luck!!
Old 11-04-2007 | 11:54 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist.

I think it looks like a nice spec overall.

I would say no to the parking assist: the car is very easy to parallel park and I'm not crazy about the little bumps on the bumpers for the sensors.

Also, make sure you are comfortable in the adaptive seats before committing to them. I think they are fantastic seats but I opted against them after trying them out in another car as I just couldn't get comfortable in them (and my C4S is my daily driver).

I too am a fan of the leather options but I'm sure others will disagree!!!!!

I think the aluminum look handbrake for 6-speed tranny is option code "DAD" and is shown in this pic:
Old 11-04-2007 | 12:10 PM
khaosai
AutoX

Hi,

thanks for the quick replies and the welcome to Rennlist.

Will study the GT silver and see how it looks.

The adaptive seats will be fine as have tried them already, and they seem to be slightly adjustable for us slightly larger types !.

I am still deciding on the park assist, never had it on any other car owned and never felt a requirement for it. That option could therefore go i think.

With the deviating stiching, is it all over or can you choose where it goes. Actually thinking about that it might look a little funny if only in selected places.

Thoughts for the future are some forged wheels, and change to the exhaust, for both looks and sound

Initially had a deposit down on a GT3, but that did not materialise as production is about to end.

Turbo it is !!.

Roll on May.

Rgds.
Old 11-04-2007 | 12:32 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Actually, I think I may have given wrong info there.

Here are two options for alum/leather plus option codes:

Option ECA:

Option DAD:
Old 11-04-2007 | 01:10 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Sounds pretty good, I wouldn't bother with colored seat belts or red tail lights.
Old 11-04-2007 | 11:29 PM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Drop the park assist and add LSD.
Old 11-04-2007 | 11:57 PM
ToffeGT2
Track Day

I heard the short shifter option is been cancel. Don't miss out the Steering column covered in leather
XNS option to complete you leather interior. Stitching color is another thing, you have to decide to customize the look.
Old 11-05-2007 | 02:44 AM
khaosai
AutoX

Hi,

does anyone know the colour of the car on the inside of the turbo catalogue. Is it GT silver by any chance, if so it looks great.

Park assist to go and will look at other options, LSD is a consideration.

Still like the idea of the red tailights, pity i have not seen any with that option actually fitted to the car.

The short shifter option is still selectable on the porsche dubai configurator.

The site is still giving me trouble selecting the aluminium/leather handbrake option though !!.

Rgds.
Old 11-05-2007 | 03:30 AM
sparetireless
Racer

Default Tail Lights in Red

I saw them at the dealer on a new car, the look good surprisingly. (I would do it even though its retarded to call an option what was normal just a few years ago.)
Old 11-05-2007 | 11:35 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

I would recommend adding the following leather pieces. They really seem to "complete" the Full Leather that is standard on the Turbo.

XTV - Door Finishers in Leather - 1st pic
CDZ - Gear Lever Trim Leather - 2nd pic (the small piece between the lower console and the shifter boot)
Attached Images   
Old 11-05-2007 | 01:58 PM
texas911
Race Car

The models in the Porsche brochure are Arctic Silver. To me, its hard to tell GT Silver is GT Silver unless you have Arctic next to it. Out on its own, it looks just like AS.
Old 11-05-2007 | 03:49 PM
khaosai
AutoX

Hi,

thanks for the replies.

Some good ideas that i will be looking at. I like the gear lever trim and the door finishers in leather.

Will just go with the standard gearlever and handbrake as dont want to overdo the aluminium.

When realistically can we expect to see the new facelifted turbo on the market. Would hate to get the car in May, for it to then be facelifted soon after. Seems pretty quick for a facelift considering the cabrio is a fairly recent addition.

Rgds.
Old 11-05-2007 | 04:48 PM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

I ordered my turbo with alcantera steering wheel (CLA) and gear shifter (DAT), same as GT3 & GR3RS. It's a little pricy, $1,105 and $1,880 respectively. Looks great with the natural gray leather interior. Also have adaptive sports seats, very comfortable.
Old 11-05-2007 | 06:02 PM
sparetireless
Racer

Originally Posted by khaosai
Hi,

...............Would hate to get the car in May, for it to then be facelifted soon after. Seems pretty quick for a facelift considering the cabrio is a fairly recent addition.

Rgds.
Then you're going to really hate hearing about the DSG gearbox that is just around the corner.................

Quick Reply: Thoughts and ideas on this spec please