Sponsored by:

Experience with leather conditioner.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gradyex
Thats a very good point! Keep that stitching as clean as possible so you don't have to do the leather cleaner/conditioner as often. My stitching is standard and it has darkened quite a bit since it was new 6 months ago. It would be great to hear from someone who has a light colored deviated stitching? How do you keep it from darkening when detailing your car over time? Selecting the right products to care for your leather takes on a new meaning!
Yes, I hope to see more comments before I put in my final option list on my order. Am starting to wonder if I should go back to all black like I originally was going to do versus cocoa w/light stitching???
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

I saw white/cocoa on a 997 about 6 weeks ago locally. I am not a white fan, but the cocoa was stunning. It was my second choice.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay I have 2 suggestions here:

einszett Leather Care 'Lederpflege' (this is a cleaner conditioner in one it goes on easy and buffs off with a finish that is matte to OEM look, it leaves no shine or greasy feel)
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=40

or this 3 part system from Leather Master (for leather that needs to be cleaned up, soften, protected, conditioned)
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=207

I've been using the two systems in our details for over 7 years now and its some incredible stuff!
tel: 201-233-0003
Promo code is rennlist for 10% off anything on the site
Current Sales and Updates
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 AM
Duane993
Racer

Grady,
What do you suggest for interiors with deviated stiching. (ie black leather with yellow stiching). Don't want to end up with all the stiching getting dark and greasy looking.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:03 AM
detailersdomain
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Duane,

All the items I mentioned are clear they will not ruin or stain your stitching or give you a greasy look.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:11 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane993
Grady,
What do you suggest for interiors with deviated stiching. (ie black leather with yellow stiching). Don't want to end up with all the stiching getting dark and greasy looking.
Honestly thats a tough one? Someone with deviated stitching might want to chime in here with some advice? I recommend that you condition/clean your leather as little as possible. Try and keep it clean using plain water. The problem is if you use a harsh product the dye from the seats, etc will leach onto the stitching. On the back of the Zymol leather cleaner bottle it states: "avoid excessive application of cleaner on seams and stitching". Basically it says its ok to use it but sparingly. Do a test in a hidden area at first. Griots makes a mild interior cleaner also. Be sure to wipe it dry right away. In your case less is best. Conditioner? I'm not sure I would use one, the good cleaners all have conditioners in them. Example: glycerin, aloe vera, etc. Leather conditioners will darken the stitching for sure. Good luck, deviated stitching looks awesome!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
hduffy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
Okay I have 2 suggestions here:

einszett Leather Care 'Lederpflege' (this is a cleaner conditioner in one it goes on easy and buffs off with a finish that is matte to OEM look, it leaves no shine or greasy feel)
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp...PROD&ProdID=40

or this 3 part system from Leather Master (for leather that needs to be cleaned up, soften, protected, conditioned)
http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=207

I've been using the two systems in our details for over 7 years now and its some incredible stuff!
Do you recommend this on a dark seat with light stitching - cocoa w/silver stitching?

Quick Reply: Experience with leather conditioner.