Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best wheel cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Wheel Wax after a thorough cleaning, applied to the wheels, calipers and SS spacers. Now I find that the minimal dust and accumulated road grime generally washes off with a good jet of water and a light going over with a soapy rag, same as used on the car but obviously as the last thing before the wash water gets tossed.

BTW, I'm starting to not dig all the various surfaces on these stock wheels. They look great IMO, but are becoming a pain to clean/dry, even with PCCBs. Maybe I'm too **** about it. Anyway, they look better than when I took delivery
Old 07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
David Sapp
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just use regular car wash for the outside of the wheel if you wash the car every week or so. For the inside of the rims, I use S100 Superperformance Gel Wheel Cleaner. It's the same formula as P21S (made in Germany and everything) but it costs half as much. It's available at your local Harley store along with Total Body Wash and the Carnuba Wax. It's packaged a little differently but it's the same stuff as P21S and costs substantially less.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
Just get the yellow PCCB's and don't worry about the brake dust. Think how much you would save on wheel cleaner...

I was going to suggest the very same thing! I love my yellow PCCB's for that very reason.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
mkozink
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using Hi Temp HT-710 Safe Wheel cleaner I get from Top-of-the-Line (no affiliation just a satisfied customer). It works as good as anything I've tried and has not harmed the finish on any of my wheels (Kinesis K18R on the 993TT, Neez QD7 on the E60 M5, SSR Comps on the Z06 and VW GT540R32).

http://www.topoftheline.com/wheel-cleaner-safe.html

The kicker is that it is reasonably priced. A 50% Simple Green solution works good for extremely soiled wheels and for general degreasing but I have to agree with the comments of others that an ounce of prevention (keep your wheels clean and waxed) is worth a pound of cure (harsh chemicals and elbow grease).

Quick Reply: best wheel cleaner?