Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
i don't mean to interrupt but take a look at ticker symbol LETRX, that will give yuou way more than 11-12% year, and has a long tenure of performance just my 2c
No problem, welcome aboard. We're always up for another good stock tip over the internet.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

Oh I love when people talk about stuff without seeing the big picture, I am a new car "stealer" as you guys so warmly dubbed an entire group of generally upstanding an honest people with more integrity than most in cyber land posess.
First and foremost the dealer does not have to sell you the paper at their buy rate of .00320 which by the way is 7.68%. The rate they are offering you is a money factor of .00380 which is 9.12% which nets the dealer 1.44% not really a big deal when looked at in that manner is it. The Business Manager should not have hung up on you unless you were belligerent, if you were not, she should be terminated, end of story.
Few cars are worth purchasing today and if you do buy a car doing so is especially bad fiscally when you buy a high ticket car new. You are in better shape leasing the car since the depreciation is factored in. At first glance the retail option looks appealing, however when the bottom drops out on these cars like they did on the 996tt you will take a bath.
Good luck, pm me if anyone take umbrage for my honesty and candor.
Allegretto post is the smartest on topic response so far.

Last edited by schnele; 03-08-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:27 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by schnele
Oh I love when people talk about stuff without seeing the big picture, I am a new car "stealer" as you guys so warmly dubbed an entire group of generally upstanding an honest people with more integrity than most in cyber land posess.
First and foremost the dealer does not have to sell you the paper at their buy rate which by the way is 7.68%. The rate they are offering you is 9.12% which nets the dealer 1.44% not really a big deal when looked at in that manner is it. The Business Manager should not have hung up on you unless you were belligerent, if you were not, she should be terminated, end of story.
Few cars are worth purchasing today and if you do buy a car doing so is especially bad fiscally when you buy a high ticket car new. You are in better shape leasing the car since the depreciation is factored in. At first glance the retail option looks appealing, however when the bottom drops out on these cars like they did on the 996tt you will take a bath.
Good luck, pm me if anyone take umbrage for my honesty and candor
I never called you a "stealer", and it is sad that you come on here and make such a generality.

The original poster is trying to buy a car and tried to negotiate and he was rejected by the dealership. A few of us are trying to give the fellow a few pointers, no big deal, nothing revolutionary going on here.

As far as taking a bath, most of us know that when we buy the cars, but that's the price we pay for enjoying them while we own 'em.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

No problem, welcome aboard. We're always up for another good stock tip over the internet.

go to morningstar.com and check out the 5 and 10 year performance
Old 03-08-2007, 05:38 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to morningstar.com and check out the 5 and 10 year performance
thank you
Old 03-08-2007, 06:13 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 338 Posts

I think as someone else said your big decision is whether your keeping this car for the long haul or want out in 2-3 years. Personally, I buy my cars cash - Also paid cash for my house. I love not having big monthly payments! If I'm worried about what my car will be worth down the road that means I can't afford it.

From a strictly emotional point I like "owning". I've leased before and as weird as it may seem, I didn't feel the same way towards those cars. I also like doing with it what I want, when I want. I also don't want to think about how many miles i'm putting on the car.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 PM
drnd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
You think putting 40k as a down payment is smart. Got to wonder about your accounting.
Yes, if this is the car he wants and plans on keeping for awhile. Call me simple but I don't like leasing a car (or financing for that matter). That being said, I wouldn't buy a car unless I can afford it and not lose sleep on how I am going to pay for it.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:44 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

drnd nice collection
Old 03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
drnd
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

drnd nice collection
Thanks. By the way, just got the Mustang. Different from a Porsche but just as much fun.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:05 PM
schnele
Rennlist Member

I generally try to stay out of the fray on these issues, I am sorry for the generalization the "stealership" is a term oft used here. I never heard anyone call Steve Wynn a thief. Anyway I am not lambasting anyone about their financial decisions because this is clearly an emotional purchase. The simple formula for converting money factor bases points to APR is .00XXX(2400) hope that helps. You will have a tough hill to climb because of the limited availability of the car you are after, and if they choose they can make itdifficult for you to get a deposit it htere is one since you spec the. car. I have only the best intentions here.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
YesItsLoaded
AutoX

[QUOTE=mastiffdog]The original poster is trying to buy a car and tried to negotiate and he was rejected by the dealership. A few of us are trying to give the fellow a few pointers, no big deal, nothing revolutionary going on here.
QUOTE]

Thanks for your support - and I really appreciate your opinion.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 PM
YesItsLoaded
AutoX

Originally Posted by schnele
First and foremost the dealer does not have to sell you the paper at their buy rate of .00320 which by the way is 7.68%. The rate they are offering you is a money factor of .00380 which is 9.12% which nets the dealer 1.44% not really a big deal when looked at in that manner is it. The Business Manager should not have hung up on you unless you were belligerent, if you were not, she should be terminated, end of story.
Good luck, pm me if anyone take umbrage for my honesty and candor.
Allegretto post is the smartest on topic response so far.
I definately wasn't belligerant, just insisted that I wasn't going to pay a high money factor rate when I was already paying MSRP and approx. $3000 in bank and doc fees.

I could make a stink with Porsche and with the GM at the dealership ... but what good will it really do? My salesman made me a concession offer immediately after I was 'mistreated' which was a better deal than we had originally agreed upon. Besides, I ordered the car because I want it. I was just trying to negotiate the best deal for me (you would begrudge me this?) and in the process was treated badly.

I posted the ordeal here on the forum simply to get some creative advice from those who have more experience than I with the Porsche brand.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:55 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
I definately wasn't belligerant, just insisted that I wasn't going to pay a high money factor rate when I was already paying MSRP and approx. $3000 in bank and doc fees.

I could make a stink with Porsche and with the GM at the dealership ... but what good will it really do? My salesman made me a concession offer immediately after I was 'mistreated' which was a better deal than we had originally agreed upon. Besides, I ordered the car because I want it. I was just trying to negotiate the best deal for me (you would begrudge me this?) and in the process was treated badly.

I posted the ordeal here on the forum simply to get some creative advice from those who have more experience than I with the Porsche brand.
i would think that most of us understand your point, and i think that the mastifdog has summed up things well enough. like you, i spec'd out a car and when my 997tt came in in nov, i picked it up and happily drove it away. i am sure that you will do the same-after you order it, option it out your way and wait for it, you are going to pick it up. your discussion has illustrated some of the problems that one can find when ordering a porsche. life is a learning experience-i have made a bunch of mistakes, and i will make some more in the future. after reading this, everyone will remember that financing rates must be now specified (or relationship to buy rate) at the time of ordering, as everything is negotiable. this learning experience is the beauty of a board like rennlist. you enjoy that car-i love mine. i'll be down in palm beach in 3 weeks and like always, i'll go to braman to look at the cars. while there, i'll be sure to find chip and ask him if i buy a car, at what rate could i lease it. actually, i am coming down to see the barrett-jackson car auction. your biggest problem will soon be keeping the car under the break-in limits for 2000 miles. drive it in good health.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 AM
FSU-997TT
3rd Gear

Speaking of stock tips...... Didn't check actual returns and dates are off but still a little funny.

If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.
With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left

BUT, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above data, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg Plan.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

How can you specify moneyfactors , residiuals and buyrates at time of ordering when they get revised frequently ? Have you heard of the lease prophet ? Does not work so well with Porsches but is useful with other brands, it constantly searches for the "best deal" in regards to payment, either with a lower moneyfactor or higher residiual but some of the banks run only a quick special and then they are out or trying to bait and switch aka get a start in the car finance world.

Myself, I never sold at buyrate, APR or money factor on a ordered car new car in demand, no way, because you ain't getting buyrate when you refinance or buy your home either, period. Now , for cars that stack up a entire parking structure because they are so cold, my mind was a little more open.

I keep hearing that one has equity in a lease, for the 1000000000000000000000 time, nooooooooooo.

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!