Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Holli82
JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!.........
It would be complete with the always P.C. "Midget Throwing". lmao!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:07 AM
YesItsLoaded
AutoX

Default Epilog:

I dropped by the dealership today (un-announced) to complete the paperwork and sign the doc's. The moment I hit the showroom floor, I was greated with a big hug and a sincere face to face apology (and that was just from the guy who details the cars!). No really, the FI Manager went out of her way to make me feel at home - and a hug from a pretty woman goes a long way with me (although a couple thousand off the sticker would have gone farther ) . She even printed out two different lease contracts with different terms and handed them both to me so I could take them home, look at all the numbers, take my time over the weekend and choose which deal suits me best - never had that done for me before

My salesman Chip was great too and he also went out of his way to make me feel quite at ease given the circumstances.

I'm told 'the boat' should dock this weekend, with the car arriving at the dealership on Monday or Tuesday ... and I should have my baby in my driveway by Wednesday the 14th.

Thank you to all - Lot's of good suggestions and creative options ... all appreciated!

BTW: I will be leasing in the name of one of my entities at the .0036 mf for 36 months.

Best Regards - Drew.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:18 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by YesItsLoaded
I dropped by the dealership today (un-announced) to complete the paperwork and sign the doc's. The moment I hit the showroom floor, I was greated with a big hug and a sincere face to face apology (and that was just from the guy who details the cars!). No really, the FI Manager went out of her way to make me feel at home - and a hug from a pretty woman goes a long way with me (although a couple thousand off the sticker would have gone farther ) . She even printed out two different lease contracts with different terms and handed them both to me so I could take them home, look at all the numbers, take my time over the weekend and choose which deal suits me best - never had that done for me before

My salesman Chip was great too and he also went out of his way to make me feel quite at ease given the circumstances.

I'm told 'the boat' should dock this weekend, with the car arriving at the dealership on Monday or Tuesday ... and I should have my baby in my driveway by Wednesday the 14th.

Thank you to all - Lot's of good suggestions and creative options ... all appreciated!

BTW: I will be leasing in the name of one of my entities at the .0036 mf for 36 months.

Best Regards - Drew.
We all deserve a hug of some kind, after all, we did pay retail.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:38 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

When you are paying a .0036 MF, at a minimum they should hug hug you. You've paid for a lot more!
Old 03-10-2007, 12:40 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
We all deserve a hug of some kind, after all, we did pay retail.
dog-good point. drew-enjoy your turbo and drive it in good health.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:45 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colm
When you are paying a .0036 MF, at a minimum they should hug hug you. You've paid for a lot more!
yes colm, but that lucky sob drew gets to drive the turbo around palm beach, as we freeze our asses off and i drive my turbo on winter tires in the northeast. he gets his monies worth.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:16 AM
YesItsLoaded
AutoX

Originally Posted by docjackson1
drew-enjoy your turbo and drive it in good health.
Doc, you've been a great source of information and support for me throughout this whole ordeal. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you.

Best regards.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:48 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Doc, you've been a great source of information and support for me throughout this whole ordeal. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you.

Best regards.
your welcome. see you at barrett-jackson.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:51 AM

I definately wasn't belligerant, just insisted that I wasn't going to pay a high money factor rate when I was already paying MSRP and approx. $3000 in bank and doc fees.

I could make a stink with Porsche and with the GM at the dealership ... but what good will it really do? My salesman made me a concession offer immediately after I was 'mistreated' which was a better deal than we had originally agreed upon. Besides, I ordered the car because I want it. I was just trying to negotiate the best deal for me (you would begrudge me this?) and in the process was treated badly.

I posted the ordeal here on the forum simply to get some creative advice from those who have more experience than I with the Porsche brand.
The GM would want to know about this incident.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by 500
The GM would want to know about this incident.
You're about 5 days late and a few bucks short my friend. All is healed and forgotten. read above.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so I don't git it? what was the misunderstandin'? How come she hung up on ya?
Had it happened earlier, that would have been a deal breaker in my book.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by schnele
Oh I love when people talk about stuff without seeing the big picture, I am a new car "stealer" as you guys so warmly dubbed an entire group of generally upstanding an honest people with more integrity than most in cyber land posess.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drnd
Yes, if this is the car he wants and plans on keeping for awhile. Call me simple but I don't like leasing a car (or financing for that matter). That being said, I wouldn't buy a car unless I can afford it and not lose sleep on how I am going to pay for it.
Drnd

Hey looking at your list of cars i see the fiance drives a 325 , i bet when the Mrs degree get's attached her daily driver will be the ferrari
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
CleanSlate
Instructor

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
You think putting 40k as a down payment is smart. Got to wonder about your accounting.

Exactly... I'm with Wyatt Earp ^^^

As far as your initial post about Braman is concerned... I will NEVER, EVER buy another car from them. Lying bastards, worst than most. Your experience just confirms that things haven't changed over there. Glad to hear you were taken care of after the horrible phone incident. They may have some hope left, just not my $$$.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
evo911
Advanced

I was there a couple weeks ago and man they were rude to me too... I was just kinda pregame shoppin for my dad because he wants a 997TT and they were just ugly with me..

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!