Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A holes. I was in there once looking at TT's in shorts and a black Skynyrd T shirt, they ignored me until my office paged me and I answered ' Hello Dr....." needless to say they changed their tune 180 degrees, still I left. F that.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy or lease, you usually end up in the same place if you invest the "buy" downpayment at a rate higher than the lease rate interest. But then you're stuck buying out the lease or turning the car back in when the lease is up. Unless you use up every mile allowed under the lease, do only barebones scheduled maintenance, the lease will cost you more. You can't mod it or you'll violate the terms of the lease. Don't take **** of some pin head finance manager either. Show up with a check for the price and tell her to stuff it. I won't even talk to them. All finance manager does is try to get back all the discounts you got from the sales person. They are there own profit center and get pissed off when they realize they can't make any $$ off you selling you armour plate paint coatings, undercoating, overmarket financing and "service contracts" I told my salesperson, if I have to see the finance manager, I'm gone. Ditto for discussions with the sales manager.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
srf506
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I'm not a "flipper" on cars. I haven't bought a brand new one in 10 or 15 years. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. Second, I won't lease because I drive my cars and I end up paying an exorbitant "penalty" for going over the miles (and on the only car I ever leased I bought the maximum miles per year they'd give me.) Thirdly, I never look at a car as an "investment.' They're cars. I love 'em, I care for them, but if I want to make a change to it I don't want to be hamstrung by some lease that penalizes me for making mods/improvements to the car. Fourth, the dealer wants you to finance or lease that car through him. He makes money off of every customer he brings whatever lending institution(s) he uses. So you really want to hurt him, use an outside finance agent (i.e., your local credit union) to finance your car and just walk in with the check. Me, I'll start looking at a 997TT when they start getting turned in by the thousands to leasing companies in about 36 to 48 months. It'll go nicely with my 2002 996TT( bought used in St. Louis), my 22-year old 84 Carrera 3.2 Euro (bought from a private seller in Houston), and my 1985 Euro 930 (that's my daily driver purchased from a private seller in Pennsylvania). We take them on vacations, day trips, business trips, visit friends and families, Sebring and Road Atlanta, and, PCA events because we just love to drive them. I don't care if they get a million miles on them. They're fun and made to be driven. I actually believe the 3.2 has the least miles on it at about 61,000. The 930 has 72,000 and the 996TT has around 31,000.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
SciFrog
Racer

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
i don't mean to interrupt but take a look at ticker symbol LETRX, that will give yuou way more than 11-12% year, and has a long tenure of performance just my 2c
Who in their right mind would take advice on a car forum about a foreign investment in Russia? From a guy who drives a 10 year old car?

Please stop giving potentially dangerous financial advice before someone gets hurt.

You can make 11-15% a year? Good for you, make it your main job then, cause most fund managers would give their left arm to get these kind of returns over a long period of time.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
spoiled996
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SciFrog
Who in their right mind would take advice on a car forum about a foreign investment in Russia? From a guy who drives a 10 year old car?

Please stop giving potentially dangerous financial advice before someone gets hurt.

You can make 11-15% a year? Good for you, make it your main job then, cause most fund managers would give their left arm to get these kind of returns over a long period of time.
and look at the expense ratios!!!

Check out CWGIX...similar returns, lower fees, higher rating, and lower turnover...

Quick Reply: Florida Porsche Dealer 'Finance Manager' Hangs up on me while negotiating!