Sponsored by:

**Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**

Moton Suspension Technology was kind enough to donate a double adjustable coilover suspension for our new AWE Tuning 997TT project car. However, one roadblock was holding us up, the PASM. Moton does not make an interactive shock so some trickery was going to need to be done.

If you did not know, once you disconnect the wire at the shock a fault light and annoying beep will appear on the dash. This was totally unacceptable. We wanted to find a way to have our cake and eat it too.

We did not get discouraged. We began contacting all of our sources in the States and Germany trying to find a solution. Nobody seemed to know what to do. Even our best contacts at H&R were unsure.

Last week while at the go-kart track, I ran into one of the dealer technicians from Brandywine Porsche. I have met many of their staff, but not Kevin Hines. He and I began to chat and I told him the problem we were having with the suspension. With great confidence he assured me it could be done somehow. He thought about it for a few days and gave me a call. He told me to stop down on Saturday with the car.

After about an hour of, he did it.

Kevin completed the job just as he said. No fault lights or DTC's! The car is no longer looking for the PASM module. It's as if it does not exist.

Now that this is done, we will schedule our car's Moton install. Finally!

Once again, thanks Kevin. You lived up to your promise.

Some of you are probably wondering why this is such a big deal to us. Well, many of our clients either race or are very serious about track days. Even with PASM, the car will be handicapped in extreme track conditions with the stock spring/shock package.

To get to the next level you will need to replace the dampers. We want to be able to offer upgrades, but without a pesky beep and fault light on the dash.

For those of you interested in the disable procedure, please download this PDF.

http://awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/AWE_...ASM_Delete.pdf

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Last edited by Mike/A.W.E.; 01-22-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:53 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is simply disabling the PASM a good idea? What other systems are affected? Is the warranty voided?
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by DJ 996
Is simply disabling the PASM a good idea? What other systems are affected? Is the warranty voided?

It's a good idea if you are looking to change the shocks to something more aggressive. We are looking to replace the stock shocks with some double adjustable Motons. They are not compatible with the PASM. We could have installed them, but we would get a fault light on the dash.

No other systems are affected.

Warranty is going to be an issue with your particular dealer. We work with many local dealers that are friendly to modified cars.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:55 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

thank heavens Good stuff! Now we can at least get the track guys taken care of!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:55 AM
deebster
Intermediate

Hi there.. i have a 997 TT with H&R sport suspension.. my car was working fine for about 1.5 years then suddenly the PASM failure went on... and the sport mode was affected as well (can't turn it on). needless to say this was very annoying as the car felt it was running with no suspension and no sport mode... read about the weak battery thing so I charged the battery, worked well for a while then no luck.. I changed the battery and still no luck... the dealer went through a 17 horu diognosis to tell me that it is my flashed ECU (softronic programming) and that this ghost is due to some programming..

If I use your instructions.... would it turn off the sport mode as well? and how can i reverse it is not... when you turn off the PASM is it equal to sport mode or regular suspension?

appreciate your comments
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by deebster
Hi there.. i have a 997 TT with H&R sport suspension.. my car was working fine for about 1.5 years then suddenly the PASM failure went on... and the sport mode was affected as well (can't turn it on). needless to say this was very annoying as the car felt it was running with no suspension and no sport mode... read about the weak battery thing so I charged the battery, worked well for a while then no luck.. I changed the battery and still no luck... the dealer went through a 17 horu diognosis to tell me that it is my flashed ECU (softronic programming) and that this ghost is due to some programming..
Very odd. The H&R springs on teh OEM PASM shocks are a fairly simple upgrade. If you are getting a PASM fault then it would either be a bad shock, fautly wiring, or maybe somethig wrong the the PASM module if there even is one.

If I use your instructions.... would it turn off the sport mode as well? and how can i reverse it is not... when you turn off the PASM is it equal to sport mode or regular suspension?
No, it will only turn off the PASM feature. It will default the stock shocks to the firmer setting. Reversal is also the same procedure.

appreciate your comments
My pleasure. Hope that helps.

I would see if you can get the dealer to give you the error codes that are being stored on the onboard diagnostics. I am sure that there are codes you can post here that will help narrow down the cause.

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
356Racing
Advanced

Very nice, thank you for posting.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 AM
deebster
Intermediate

Hey there... I have H&R Springs only with Stock Dampers... Thanks for the feedback...

as you said, springs only is a simple upgrade.. I'm going to get the error codes tomorrow so I will try to post them here...

Appreciate your help!!!

Quick Reply: **Disabling PASM with No Faults or DTC's.**