Sponsored by:

Armor Glove paint protection

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
kush07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armor Glove paint protection

Anybody use this? This is the stuff my dealer works with. Salesman also suggests NOT to do the hood. It only goes half way up and he doesn't like the line. He likes the front bumper, inner wheel arches, and door cups.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott
Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Rich.
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

make sure the head lights are included. Great stuff, we use it on just about 40% of our cars.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:55 AM
turbo'S'
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kush07
Anybody use this? This is the stuff my dealer works with. Salesman also suggests NOT to do the hood. It only goes half way up and he doesn't like the line. He likes the front bumper, inner wheel arches, and door cups.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scott
I spoke to my Porsche dealer who said not to touch this type of protection.
He didnt really elaborate just said they hadnt found it succesful!
I had planned to get it done but dont know now?
Old 01-12-2007, 07:36 AM
jgerken
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Hood

"Salesman also suggests NOT to do the hood. It only goes half way up and he doesn't like the line."

I didn't do this on my GT3 and the only place I've really gotten any dings at the track has been the front third of the hood. That's probably just coincedence, but coming up behind other cars I've been hit with some rather large wads of balled up rubber.

I decided to get the 3M protective film applied to the Turbo and I am pleased with the results. All the other pieces seem to conform to the shapes of the body panels but the hood. From some angles there is a line visible, but it's not as noticeable as the scratches on the GT3.

As I open my back door and gaze at the car in the garage (Sometimes in the middle of the night. I hope I get over this soon!) the line is totally invisible.

My $.02.

Jim
Old 01-12-2007, 08:31 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts
Default I used Armor Glove on my black 997tt

After 7 months and 6500 miles, overall I am pleased. The plastic film has taken alot of hits and shows damage spots, but better the film than the paint. I did the hood about 1/3 up - yes you see the line (especially on a black car), but it has taken alot of hits. The upper 2/3s of the hood which is not protected by the film has a few chips and next time, I likely wrap the whole hood.

I suggest you do the bottom 1/3 of the hood and if you don't like it they can easily remove it - but I wouldn't.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 PM
kush07
Racer

Thanks guys. The slope of the hood definitely makes it prone to dings. I guess my decision is live w/ a few dings that mar the car, or live with the protection that also mars the car. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

turbo s, that's surprising to hear. I wonder what his issue was. Do you know if it was this product in particular, or the clear bra concept in general that he advised against?
Old 01-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Max Energy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Kush07,
Ther are 3M/Xpel kits that cover the entire front end. I was very interested in doing the front nose and hood and did not like the line 1/3 of the way up the hood. I am in the process of doing entire hood, front bumper, mirrors and mayby the front fenders. My car is scheduled for next week, I will take pictures.
Max
Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Max Energy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Kush07,
There are 3M/Xpel kits that cover the entire front end. I was very interested in doing the front nose and hood and did not like the line 1/3 of the way up the hood. I am in the process of doing entire hood, front bumper, mirrors and mayby the front fenders. My car is scheduled for next week, I will take pictures.
Max

Quick Reply: Armor Glove paint protection