Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT/997TT/F430

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 07:39 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been out of town on and off since the car arrived and have no decent pics. Here are a couple of exterior shots of my car, taken by someone else, at the dealer. I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting a link! I think you might like the color.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthr...#post136342662

G55 + CGT + 599? I'd never leave my garage, because I wouldn't be able to decide what to drive.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:41 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

PS - OT, sorry - how did you like your Bentley? My wife has a GTC, elegant, but not exciting.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:42 PM
dsts6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it doesn't have an LSD does it?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 PM
dsts6
Instructor

I mean your 997tt
Old 12-31-2006, 07:50 PM
vramani
Instructor

It was my wifes - but it was a great car to drive CLASSIC
Old 12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
vramani
Instructor

limited slip differential - NO
Old 12-31-2006, 08:39 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't understand, you don't even have an F430 yet at MSRP, and you're talking about trading it for a 599 (F Dealers are mum on this car). I want to see how all of this develops, you are all over the various forums these past few days. I am wondering if there is something I am not understanding, time will tell, so no response is necessary. Something is not adding up for me, but it wouldn't be the first time.

It might happen for you at MSRP (on both cars, very doubtful unless you have serious pull, if you do why post here?), but if so, you would be beating the law of averages.

No one is going to trade an F430 for a TT (and that's no knock on the TT) without a serious premium.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:43 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

vramani

I have a question for you

Are you an auto dealer/broker?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
vramani
Instructor

NO NOT A BROKER A CAR NUT just joined this forum and love it. I have been into cars for 18 years and first time on forum so having fun. On the 430 you are correct I HAVE no solid information but what the dealer tells me. I am not on any list at this time BUT I CAN BE VERY convincing when I want the cars. SO I AM GOING to try to do everything I can. I am in real estate www.urbanliving.com so if you need a house in Houston CALL ME

AND I AM SURE YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS WITH FERRARI if I buy a used one from the dealer than I can use it as leverage to get the 599 - so why all the questions.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:52 PM
vramani
Instructor

Hello on the TRADE I MADE IT CLEAR I WILL PAY $$$. Are you saying I do not have these cars. Why not on this forum - If you are smart with your money and business you can get whatever you want as long as your work for it. I WILL send you pictures of the F cars IF IT HAPPENS.

Also I am only in 2 forums one for the 997TT and the other for the CGT - BECAUSE - lets see I have a CGT and 997TT - sorry
Old 12-31-2006, 09:57 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vramani
NO NOT A BROKER A CAR NUT just joined this forum and love it. I have been into cars for 18 years and first time on forum so having fun. On the 430 you are correct I HAVE no solid information but what the dealer tells me. I am not on any list at this time BUT I CAN BE VERY convincing when I want the cars. SO I AM GOING to try to do everything I can. I am in real estate www.urbanliving.com so if you need a house in Houston CALL ME

AND I AM SURE YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS WITH FERRARI if I buy a used one from the dealer than I can use it as leverage to get the 599 - so why all the questions.
If you buy a used 430 you still are going to pay a large premium, if you buy a 360 you simply took a used car out of their inventory = no leverage.

Getting a 430 for MSRP at this time without any close relationship(read : spent a lot of money) with a authorized dealer is not going to happen and if you "order" one the chances are pretty slim that you actually take delivery because by that time your name will come up there will be the new model out............and the game starts all over again. Fact.

599 ? No way unless major over money is involved. Remember, leaving a deposit is not ordering , it only puts your name on a list to be considered for a car, no guarantee that you see it ever.

Ferrari dealers. unauthorized or authorized are way different than Porsche dealers, the art of politics, double crossing , plain lying and squeezing the last dime out of a car in demand are on a entire different planet.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:09 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE= so why all the questions.[/QUOTE]

It seems that your CGT is for sale, and now the TT is for sale (swap).

From your posts you expected that you could get a Ferrari F430 at MSRP, and trade it into a 599 with no existing relationships. It just didn't make a lot of sense unless there were some hidden connections.

It is not a question of disbelief, it is a question of understanding, no proofs required by me. Events will run their course and provide the complete picture.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey V-man, I think I understand you very well. I have been a speed and power freak all my life. I used to race bikes as a young man and as an older one I've never found a car with sufficient performance to achieve what I call SPEED. Drove a C-GT a couple of times and it's good, but...not REALLY FAST. I had a highly modified Mitsu EVO last year that was putting out a dyno proven 630 WHP. Not REALLY FAST either.

So, I don't think a 430 will float your boat unless you're willing to realize that there are not too many places for you to get a real fix on 4-wheels. However the 430 is a great car and while not visually superior, it is vastly superior to a 360 to drive. Better in every performance catagory anyway.

I consider the 997TT a wholely different vehicle with a different goal. Funny you are inquiring about this, but my good friend called me just a couple of days ago and asked me of the two, if I only could keep one which would it be. Without thinking, "the 430" blurted out. Not for the "bling", I find that aspect annoying, but for the way I enjoy the experience when I drive it. If you open the dictionary to "sports car", a 430 is the picture. Plus, it's just so darn nice to drive. Mine is a 6-speed. I had F-1 in my 360 and I liked it, sort of. But after a while your participation becomes almost an afterthought and hitting the paddle becomes a nusence. So I'm glad I have the stick. It may be worth noting that my friend asked me because he is dumping his C-GT and wants a replacement. He finds no venue to allow it to work hard and fears its handling characteristics anyhow, a dangerous brew.

I would not however use it as a daily driver as I do my 997TT, so the 430 doesn't win all battles. Just the visceral and sexual ones.

I too have a 599 on order, but likely I will keep both when I get it because my 430 is a Spyder and I don't think I want to be without it, it's that good!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:37 AM
vramani
Instructor

allegretto - "WELL EXPLAINED" Thank you for taking the time and thank you for making it easier for me to understand. Happy New Year

So here is my dream - keep the CGT, SELL the 997TT in the next few months, wait for Houston Ferrari to understand I will be a long term client - get a 430 and than WISH for the 599. If you have any tips please let me know.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:17 AM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hey V-man, I think I understand you very well. I have been a speed and power freak all my life. I used to race bikes as a young man and as an older one I've never found a car with sufficient performance to achieve what I call SPEED. Drove a C-GT a couple of times and it's good, but...not REALLY FAST. I had a highly modified Mitsu EVO last year that was putting out a dyno proven 630 WHP. Not REALLY FAST either.

So, I don't think a 430 will float your boat unless you're willing to realize that there are not too many places for you to get a real fix on 4-wheels. However the 430 is a great car and while not visually superior, it is vastly superior to a 360 to drive. Better in every performance catagory anyway.

I consider the 997TT a wholely different vehicle with a different goal. Funny you are inquiring about this, but my good friend called me just a couple of days ago and asked me of the two, if I only could keep one which would it be. Without thinking, "the 430" blurted out. Not for the "bling", I find that aspect annoying, but for the way I enjoy the experience when I drive it. If you open the dictionary to "sports car", a 430 is the picture. Plus, it's just so darn nice to drive. Mine is a 6-speed. I had F-1 in my 360 and I liked it, sort of. But after a while your participation becomes almost an afterthought and hitting the paddle becomes a nusence. So I'm glad I have the stick. It may be worth noting that my friend asked me because he is dumping his C-GT and wants a replacement. He finds no venue to allow it to work hard and fears its handling characteristics anyhow, a dangerous brew.

I would not however use it as a daily driver as I do my 997TT, so the 430 doesn't win all battles. Just the visceral and sexual ones.

I too have a 599 on order, but likely I will keep both when I get it because my 430 is a Spyder and I don't think I want to be without it, it's that good!
Argh ... should have talked to you before I pulled the trigger on the 997TT. The test drive in the F360 was underwhelming ... except for the sweet sounds of the engine amplified by the Tubi exhaust.

Lost my place in line for a F430 and I can't call in another favor

Quick Reply: CGT/997TT/F430