Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:11 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chad! Thank you for the nice words. I just walked in so sorry for responding so late to you. I have been to several of the PCA meetings at the airport a few years ago (I am also a pilot, so I am around the airport often).

I like the local club, but stopped going to the club because I am not much of a joiner, but more so because of the kinds of activities and focus the club seems to gravitate towards.

I think the PCA club is more for guys with the older cars, like the 356's and Speedsters that like to talk about how they found an old NOS bumper piece in mint condition at some sale for $25, or they discuss finding an old original owners manual for their car, or something like that. It's not a bad thing, it just ain't my bag.

If you want to meet at the airport with the P-Cars, let me know, and I'd be happy to buy the coffee!

Old 09-06-2006, 02:19 AM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by PcarRacr
Here's the thing...I now have a daily driver that as civilized to cruise around as a 996/M3/S4 etc...it gets 27mpg on the freeway...I've run 11.30 at 129.98 in the qtr mile on the stock radials...it puts down 495hp to the tires and all it has is a computer tune and a different air filter.
My hat off to you for running an 11.3!! That's very impressive on stock tires. Nice driving.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

mastiffdog, I agree with you about the PCA meetings...I only go a few times a year and it because it's right in my back yard. So if your ever going out for a flight and going to take the 997tt shoot me a pm and i'll take you up on the coffee.

AeroGt3, Thanks...sorry I had fat fingers it was actually a 11.39. The car is one of the easiest cars to drive fast consistantly. Tho the trip TT has to be even easier!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 09:48 PM
agentf1
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DJ 996
The Z06 is a hell of a damn car, I wouldn't mind having one as a toy. But I'll still take the TT as an everyday supercar. Porsches are just about the only car you can drive to the office everyday, track hard on the weekend , then take out on the town for an elegant dinner with your wife...without changing a thing.
Actually the Z06 is pretty good for this too. I think both the Porsche and Z06 arte great cars with both of them having their own strenghts and weaknesses. I would be happy with either one, if it is a Porsche give me the TT or a GT# please.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May I make a humble suggestion?

the next time some wad from Corvetteland posts about Z 06 track times or 0-1000 mph, can we just all ignore it?

Too much energy spent on negativity. Life is short...and

Quick Reply: Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...