Sponsored by:

TT Ordered...... PCCB??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 11:27 PM
drbf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT Ordered...... PCCB??

Today I ordered my 997 TT for Feb- March delivery. The options are Cobalt Blue, Nat Brn Leather, Heated Seats, Adapt Sport Seats, Supple Leather, Crest in Head Rest, Silver Seat Belts, CD Changer, ADL, Fire Ext, Sport Chrono, Module Tele, Sport Shifter, Storage W/Logo, Illuminated Door Entry, Door Finishers Leather, Dome Lamp Cover Leath, Makassar Str Wheel Multifunction, Maskassar Package. Still not sure about PCCB what are others doing about this option.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drbf
Today I ordered my 997 TT for Feb- March delivery. The options are Cobalt Blue, Nat Brn Leather, Heated Seats, Adapt Sport Seats, Supple Leather, Crest in Head Rest, Silver Seat Belts, CD Changer, ADL, Fire Ext, Sport Chrono, Module Tele, Sport Shifter, Storage W/Logo, Illuminated Door Entry, Door Finishers Leather, Dome Lamp Cover Leath, Makassar Str Wheel Multifunction, Maskassar Package. Still not sure about PCCB what are others doing about this option.
PCCB PCCB PCCB!!!

Lets say it only stops as well or slightly better

The yellow calipers with the Cobalt...
Old 06-16-2006, 12:22 AM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

The yellow PCCB's will look great with the Cobalt color...red would look funny.....plus PCCB's also produce very little brake dust.....not to count they work better too
Old 06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
boolala
Race Car

Here's a cobalt with red calipers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...75&postcount=3

Looks good to me.

i don't think I would base my choice on how it looks. With all the advantages (brake dust, dry stopping power, unsprung weight etc the one thing that really bothers me about the PCCBs are the reports of poor braking in wet conditions. This seems to come up again and again.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:13 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Read this months pano, Walter Rohrl states that the steel brakes stop and are just as good as the pccb's. Good enough for Walter, good enough forme! Save yourself 9k.
Don't forget the leather steering wheel, no cost option, looks sharp too.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:21 PM
drbf
Pro

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
Read this months pano, Walter Rohrl states that the steel brakes stop and are just as good as the pccb's. Good enough for Walter, good enough forme! Save yourself 9k.
Don't forget the leather steering wheel, no cost option, looks sharp too.
Chris, that is why I did not order the PCCB yesterday. For 9K I want to be convinced!! Like you said if it is good enough...................
Old 06-17-2006, 02:15 AM
boolala
Race Car

Along the same lines of "if it's good enough for X it's good enough for me" I'm reminded of a quote I heard once (allegedly said by a politician): "If English was good enough for Jesus it's good enough for me."
Old 06-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

I would have to agree.

Unless you are racing your car every weekend and are the best driver at the track you might need PCCB. But then again you might not. I heard it takes something like 28 80mph to 0 stand on the brake pedal stops in a row to fade the current steel set up. $9K is a lot for new technology that is only slightly better than the brakes you have which you will never ever use to their full potential.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

A strong no to PCCB. There is no possible way to relate the cost to value. The complete cost of manufacture for some cars is less than $9,000. Porsche builds a complete Cayenne for $26,000.
At 9 grand, I'd guess there is about 8 grand of profit in the PCCB.
If they made it standard, I'd still decline since the cost of replacement is astronomical. Who can tell when something will chip one? AS
Old 06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I went with standard brakes, heck the red paint looked better than the yellow on the Slate Gray Metallic - after all, image is everything, who cares about performance.

Seriously, I think $9K is a bit stiff for the PCCB and as I understand it, the standard brakes are outstanding.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:00 PM
drbf
Pro

I agree, I am sticking with the standard brakes and LSD and of course all
of the other options I don't really need.........
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 48 Posts

Noone mentioned the unsprung weight savings of the PCCB versus the standard reds - that is a bit of weight removed.....
Old 06-20-2006, 12:05 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

In a 3500+ pound car, it's nearly irrelevant. Yes, I understand it's unsprung weight, with handling implications, and it's rotational with inertia implications. But, you can't really feel it, and unless you are racing for elapsed time or fighting for position in a long race, it has no meaning. The car is not palpably more enjoyable, so there is no perceived value.
You can get rid of as much weight by pulling out the spare and shrinking the battery, going to sports seats, etc. PCCB's are theoretically better, but not better in daily use. AS
Old 06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
drbf
Pro

So who is getting PCCB's and why????
Old 06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Philip in AL
Pro

I am. 1) just because I like them 2) the unsprung weight reduction and 3) I intend to track the car.

Quick Reply: TT Ordered...... PCCB??