Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem Transmission 997 TT, Your opinion ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 04:15 PM
fredo-turbo
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Problem Transmission 997 TT, Your opinion ...

good evening to all, here is my problem, I hope you can enlighten me ;-)
cold, and only, the 1 and the 2, are hard to enter, and the 1 also to go out ... and that only when I roll. At a standstill, engine turning the reports go nickel.
after 3 or 4 kilometers, no problem. and even when I resume the evening, no worries, it does when I take it in the morning and it is very cold, reports are really hard, it's not to quibble ... limit I the impression that she will not go home. the speeds do not crack on the other hand all this is following a blocking of the box.

last summer in the caps when leaving the first, the lever is locked in neutral with a long report engaged or downright blocked I do not know. repatriation, leaving the box ca unblocked, nickel box, flush. we took the opportunity to change the clutch, and since then ....

thanks to you if you have an idea, or had a similar problem

sorry for my english, i'm french and i use google translate ;-)

Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 PM
monty007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that was a puzzle to try and figure out. Almost like an old Star Trek episode I watched where Picard was stuck on a hostile planet with another alien and the universal translator was malfunctioning (LOL).

sounds like the gear engagement is really tough after the clutch change - that is what I was able to understand. Sounds like the clutch install didn't go well and the clutch is still partially engaged when shifting - that is why it is very difficult in the morning but a bit easier when the car is warm or the weather is warm.

Was the work done at a good Porsche shop? I would take the car back an ask them to check. I would also check the level of the fluid reservoir to rule out any leaks.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:36 AM
fredo-turbo
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monty007
Well that was a puzzle to try and figure out. Almost like an old Star Trek episode I watched where Picard was stuck on a hostile planet with another alien and the universal translator was malfunctioning (LOL).

sounds like the gear engagement is really tough after the clutch change - that is what I was able to understand. Sounds like the clutch install didn't go well and the clutch is still partially engaged when shifting - that is why it is very difficult in the morning but a bit easier when the car is warm or the weather is warm.

Was the work done at a good Porsche shop? I would take the car back an ask them to check. I would also check the level of the fluid reservoir to rule out any leaks.
if the problem came from the clutch, would it be hard to pass in static? because my problem is only rolling, when I'm at a standstill everything is nickel

Old 06-14-2019, 03:29 PM
cdk4219
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 230 Posts

Probably adjust the shifter and then contact google and have the people associated with translate immediately fired.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:43 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

This online translation tool is usually much better than Google: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator
Old 06-17-2019, 04:34 AM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 104 Likes on 58 Posts

Fredo, if your transmission is toasted, I have an extra one. Located in Finland, but can be shipped to France.

Power. Lots is good, more is better, too much is just right...

'87 951, RIP
'00 996 C2 L92U AQ / IXAA IXRB IX54 M96/7.xx G96/7.88 M030 M375 M376 M436 M476 M601 M983 ... + 991 GT3 brakes, 997 GT3 sway bars, fully monoball'd suspension, Bilstein Cup Car coilovers, do88 Big Pack ICs. 10 & 12 x 19" BBS CH-R wheels with 265/30 & 325 /30 -19 MPSC2s.

Quick Reply: Problem Transmission 997 TT, Your opinion ...