Received 2,106 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Yes. It's FULL WRATH TIME!!!

UNLEASH IT!!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:41 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
I would be engaged in a scorched earth campaign against anyone and anything that wronged me in regards to the car.
The number for the tip line to the local news channels is saved in a text file on my desktop right now. This is exactly the kind of story they love to run. But like I said... Give them a chance to make it right first. You don't just jump straight for the nuclear option. The dealer I bought the car from provided recompense. It was a meager amount, but satisfactory. If I can get the Ford dealer to do the same, then I'll be perfectly happy. I'll be asking for either the cost of parts for a rebuild, or paying the Porsche dealership to perform the rebuild. It depends on how they act when accused. Hell, if they'll give me my asking price for the trade, I'll just sell it to them and buy the Mustang I was going to get. Plenty of ways for me to end this on a happy note that doesn't involve lawyers and lawsuits and time off work for court dates and such.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone

I would be engaged in a scorched earth campaign against anyone and anything that wronged me in regards to the car.
i agree with you on this for sure, TJ should be put up for sainthood!

As as far as ditching it I don’t agree, he would get very little at this point and he obviously can turn a wrench so I think he should see it through. I mean with a rebuild everything prior to that will not matter. Just my 2 cents...
Old 04-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Rob32Ford
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not up to speed on the over-rev reports. How would you tie this to the dealer as happening under their watch?? They could say the owner did it on his way to the dealer, right?

Just curious.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rob32Ford
I'm not up to speed on the over-rev reports. How would you tie this to the dealer as happening under their watch?? They could say the owner did it on his way to the dealer, right?

Just curious.
The only thing you can do is compare the hours.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 107 Posts

I love a good project and a good old fashioned turn around story, but this gets worse every time I click the thread. I’m nearly to the point of hiding my eyes and holding a cross when I click each time to start reading it!

Its time to get much, much more aggressive with the dealers involved. If you end up with a $20k 997 that needs rebuilt, fine. But accept nothing else.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

oh the good old over rev report. At this moment in time I will say that over rev's matter lol

I mean that knock was there before bringing it to the dealer?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:11 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

Did you get a DME readout during your supposed PPI prior to your ownership so you could compare? Not sure I've ever seen one with so many range 4s before..
Old 04-16-2019, 06:17 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

I usually don't give DME reports much weight but in this case, it was run hard extremely recently and with this car the last oil change was probably in 2015 using some offbrand Chinese diesel oil.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:27 PM
TeeJayHoward
Instructor

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
that knock was there before bringing it to the dealer?
Yup. Knock has been there ever since I owned the car. Otherwise I'd be up that dealer's *** in a heartbeat.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:45 PM
Hueneme997
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saabin
Did you get a DME readout during your supposed PPI prior to your ownership so you could compare? Not sure I've ever seen one with so many range 4s before..
i also don’t pay all that much attention to the over rev report however I don’t recall seeing one with 65,000 range 1’s, doesn’t the car have about that many miles? At that rate the car was red lined every single mile it was driven!! I mean did anyone ever just take it for a mellow ride?
with that said if TJ pulls the motor and rebuilds it’s a moot point and I believe he is going to but it makes the cars back story even more of a Curiosity, if that’s even possible.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by TeeJayHoward
Yup. Knock has been there ever since I owned the car. Otherwise I'd be up that dealer's *** in a heartbeat.
still not sure why you're not....
Old 04-17-2019, 08:51 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I mean you either cut your losses now or later. Either way your going to lose money on this car. If you need an engine rebuild....$$$$$$

I would rather just cut my losses now and find a new well maintained car.

Still at a lose who did the PPI on this car? Was he/she blind?
Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM
lliejk
Three Wheelin'

Received 398 Likes on 282 Posts

Holy cow. I just finished reading this. I have gone to great lengths before on vehicles, but not from the get go. The part of me that rebuilt an Audi S6 engine myself says keep going until it's right, but it has to be frustrating. It's like 2 steps forward, 1 back. At the same time I get a great sense of accomplishment solving things, and maybe you have the same traits.

I have also learned that screaming and yelling pretty much gets you worse than nowhere, so I am supportive of your approach. However I would be VERY upset at that Ford dealer and the douche who drove it. They absolutely owe you something. They abused your trust and should face consequences. If they are good guys, they will make you whole.

The noise bothers me, yet I don't have enough wrench time on the 997 to know what it is. The thing that keeps sticking in my head is the PPI. Aren't there laws or language in the PPI that makes them liable for some of this stuff?

Coolant issues are know on this car. I will be dropping my engine shortly to pin the pipes, replace the elbows and any other O rings, hoses, etc that need it. I will also look at a myriad of other items to handle while the engine is out, I don't want to do this again for a while.

Good luck with everything. I think you have Karma on your side, so I pray it will kick in soon.

Ed
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

^ Any update? THis thread is like a soap opera.. more twists & turns than you can imagine

Quick Reply: Christmas of 2013