Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Controller SALE Expires Monday 11-26

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:07 PM
jds108
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In for the DSC and Tractive coilovers! Those plus some other suspension bits plus Hoosier R7s should make for some fun track days...

Tom, thanks for your time and expertise on the phone recently.

2007 Turbo Coupe 6M 800hp Protomotive built
Old 12-15-2018, 07:26 AM
lflouie
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
I can understand wanting to try before you buy, but you figure the most likely explanation for people not eagerly offering to loan them is that something is being hidden? I mean, I like to help out forum members when I can, but I can't see myself digging a $400 controller out of my car (and getting the stock one out of storage), schlepping it to the post office, hoping nothing happens to it in shipping, etc. just to be nice...

And, like, why would people try to hide the truth about how well the thing works?

Personally I find it worthwhile even just to adjust the default rates. The stock setting for sport mode IMO is ridiculously, unnecessarily stiff (even for track unless the track and curbs are very smooth), while the normal mode is pretty floaty. With the DSC box you can choose any rates you want, so both modes become usable. Add in the dynamic control, which is obviously the main benefit it provides, and it's a clear win in my eyes.
Are you running the "stock" programs provided by DSC or have you modified them? Very interested in adding this to my newly acquired 997.1tt. I was hoping to NOT have to get into messing with programming on a weekend street only car.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:58 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 542 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by lflouie
Are you running the "stock" programs provided by DSC or have you modified them? Very interested in adding this to my newly acquired 997.1tt. I was hoping to NOT have to get into messing with programming on a weekend street only car.
stock program here. Installed a year and a half ago. Never touched since. True plug and play mod that works wonders on the active suspension tuning
Old 12-22-2018, 02:26 AM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 131 Posts

Installed the DSC module to my 997.1 Turbo with Bilstein Damptronic coilovers. Definetly made a difference. Car is much more stable. Doesn´t bounce around so much anymore. Much more confidence inspiring. At the same time we installed a DSC controller into my friends Stock 991.1 Turbo and he also felt the car much more stable. Both cars are more complient now and more confidence inspiring when taking curves at high speeds. I really want to test it in sport mode at the track. Both have stock programs.

One thing I did notice is that before I could push the sport button and both the Suspension button and the sport button would light up. Now I have to turn the on individualy.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:12 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

You may have a Gen 1 DSC. Their latest version turns the ligths on automatically. When I research DSC that was mentioned as an update.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
You may have a Gen 1 DSC. Their latest version turns the ligths on automatically. When I research DSC that was mentioned as an update.
I have the latest two mode version which makes the PASM button light function like OEM - normal soft mode the button light is off and when pushed for Sport stiff the button light is on. The older three mode version showed its modes by PASM button light off, blinking and solid on.

However the PASM button when pushed for Sport no longer turns the Sport chrono mode on automatically and I have to press the Sport button as well to activate the Sport chrono mode as their button cross functionality no longer exists.

in my mind this makes sense as otherwise the DSC module would have to communicate with other Porsche electronics and control modules rather than only with the suspension shocks.

Last edited by Dodaleca; 12-22-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 969 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMonney
Installed the DSC module to my 997.1 Turbo with Bilstein Damptronic coilovers. Definetly made a difference. Car is much more stable. Doesn´t bounce around so much anymore. Much more confidence inspiring. At the same time we installed a DSC controller into my friends Stock 991.1 Turbo and he also felt the car much more stable. Both cars are more complient now and more confidence inspiring when taking curves at high speeds. I really want to test it in sport mode at the track. Both have stock programs.
Thank you for your feedback on both cars.

Originally Posted by MoeMonney
One thing I did notice is that before I could push the sport button and both the Suspension button and the sport button would light up. Now I have to turn the on individualy.
Originally Posted by Dodaleca
However the PASM button when pushed for Sport no longer turns the Sport chrono mode on automatically and I have to press the Sport button as well to activate the Sport chrono mode as their button cross functionality no longer exists.

in my mind this makes sense as otherwise the DSC module would have to communicate with other Porsche electronics and control modules rather than only with the suspension shocks.
Having the Suspension Mode activation independent from Engine/Gearbox Mode is a normal feature of the DSC. DSC remembers the Suspension Mode that you used last and will hold this mode the next time you start the engine. For example, if you used Sport mode last the suspension will remain in Sport mode the next time you start the engine. With DSC installed the Suspension Mode can only be changed when the drivers pushes the Suspension Mode Button.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 12-29-2018, 02:58 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
Having the Suspension Mode activation independent from Engine/Gearbox Mode is a normal feature of the DSC. DSC remembers the Suspension Mode that you used last and will hold this mode the next time you start the engine. For example, if you used Sport mode last the suspension will remain in Sport mode the next time you start the engine. With DSC installed the Suspension Mode can only be changed when the drivers pushes the Suspension Mode Button.
And it's a huge improvement. My preferred driving mode is sport mode on, sport suspension off. Rather that having to push two buttons every time I get into the car, now I only have to push one. And for those who prefer the suspension in sport, it's just as good, since that's remembered too.

Quick Reply: DSC Controller SALE Expires Monday 11-26