Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pad and rotor options

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 01:48 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

For those of you swapping pads for track days, I highly recommend the Pagid RSL1's - they handle heat better than anything else I've seen, are kind on rotors and last longer than I thought possible. I ran them for 14,000 hard kms and 7-8 track days, after which I had very small cracks forming around the drill holes of the rotor and 75-80% of the pad material left. The only reason I swapped them out was dust and noise on the street.

I then had the rotors resurfaced and swapped in Hawk Performance Ceramics. The Hawk pads on the other hand put so much heat into the rotor that the cracks grew each session, and by the 6th session I had cracks from the outer drill hole going out and across the top edge (this is when they need to be changed, not before, small cracks are fine).

Friends of mine who've tried PFCs said that while their stopping power and characteristics are good, they will be a bit harder on rotors.

If you're interested in the Tarett caliper studs they can be found here. Not much more than the OEM bolts and stops the need for time certs when they strip the carrier (has happened to me twice). https://www.tarett.com/items/986-987...csk-detail.htm

Appreciate everyone's feedback so far, good conversation.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:02 PM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 91 Posts

I agree, PFCs are harder on rotors but I would never use Hawk Ceramics for track use. I run those as my street pads.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:45 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I figured I'd try them (the Hawk pads) - they did better than expected but I had to take it easy. Didn't get any fade, but their stopping power wasn't close to what is needed for aggressive track work.

Last edited by nzskater; 11-05-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
For those of you swapping pads for track days, I highly recommend the Pagid RSL1's - they handle heat better than anything else I've seen, are kind on rotors and last longer than I thought possible. I ran them for 14,000 hard kms and 7-8 track days, after which I had very small cracks forming around the drill holes of the rotor and 75-80% of the pad material left. The only reason I swapped them out was dust and noise on the street.
We're starting to see more and more requests for the RSL1 compound. Great feedback!

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com

Quick Reply: Pad and rotor options