Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 turbo wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 04:25 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

I also think they're butt ugly. But they're forged and strong as hell (albeit heavy as boat anchors), which is why I use them as track wheels and upgraded to BBS wheels for the street. A 19" or 20" set of mesh wheels with good fitment really take the 997.1TT to another level in terms of modern looks.

Eventually I will buy lightweight track wheels, but reputable wheels for heavy track use are $$$$$ so I am more than content running the oem anchors until my skillset at the track warrant lighter wheels.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:31 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

I don't hate mine, but use them as track wheels as they're strong. They're also not that heavy.

Have a second set in great condition for when I eventually sell the car, and use RS171's as my street wheels.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:12 AM
spur911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You couldn't get me to change the stock wheels,,,,,,, they are so different from all the other wheels,,,,,,,, " UNIQUE "
Old 06-07-2018, 08:35 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I don’t have 5 lugs so they wouldn’t fit on my car😱
Old 06-08-2018, 04:45 AM
Norgeiron
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The stock wheels are a bear to keep clean

I'm not in love with the stock wheels----I find myself spending as much time cleaning the stock wheels as I am washing the rest of the car. Does anybody have any tips about how to clean 'em?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 AM
pressure ratio
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Norgeiron
I'm not in love with the stock wheels----I find myself spending as much time cleaning the stock wheels as I am washing the rest of the car. Does anybody have any tips about how to clean 'em?
Imagine cleaning a mesh wheel with all the spokes and small areas they have.

Clean the wheels well. Clay bar them including the barrel. Then wax or even better ceramic coat them. That will make the brake dust less likely to stick. Then I use Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus. This stuff works incredibly well. Spray the Sonax on a cool and dry wheel. Let sit a minute. If the brake dust is heavy once the product turns purple or red, use a soft wheel brush or wheel woolie to agitate the product. Let the product sit for another minute and then rinse well.

There are a few products like Sonax. They are acid-free and ph balanced so they are safe to use on your wheels without the worries of it discoloring the wheel or worse. These products are not cheap but are so worth the time savings and effort. Many times when it is light brake dust I don't even need to agitate the product. Just spray on, wait, and rinse.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VSTMS6G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VSTMS6G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quick Reply: 997.1 turbo wheels