Hands Together for a Cure

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Thork'sGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hands Together for a Cure

It has been a while since my last post. Life just seems to get in the way
Wanted to reach out to the RL gang to once again let you know that Hands Together for a Cure is entering it's 5th year of raising money for kids cancer research.
For the past 4 years the HTFAC GT3 has been taking young cancer survivors for rides at the Kelowna Knox Mountain Hill Climb. This year will actually be the 60th annual running of the hill. This ride is truly an experience of a lifetime as our times up the 5.5km, 10 corner hill is governed by the CACC at 2.00 flat. This still puts the runs in the top 15%, so it's no Sunday ride.

If you can, please donate towards this very worthy cause, simply go to www.handstogetherforacure.com and click the "Donate Today".

If the RL group in total, raises more than $500.00 that will buy a young cancer survivor a ride of their life.

Below is a pic of one very happy "customer" named Connor!

Thanks Everyone
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2017, 05:34 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 299 Likes on 181 Posts

this is awesome. if people are interested in donating, i would be happy to collect donations and should be able to do a 100% match through work
Old 04-24-2017, 10:07 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Great work - again!

Sent you a PM.

Vivian
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Thork'sGT3
Instructor

This is the spirit I was looking for! Ngng and Vivian, Thank you. Over the past 4 years my wife, son and I have raised $71,000.00. All of which has been donated to research. Would be great to hit the $100,000.00 mark. We have got some amazing kids again going for rides as well. Some of them were too sick last year, so I took their dads. Now when they get to go they'll have something more to share and chat about.
All great stuff.
Come on RLers. Lets get a ride for a kid!

Brent
Old 05-09-2017, 09:12 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been a supporter of Brent and this cause since the beginning and I have witnessed first hand the joy not only on these brave and couragious kids faces, but those of their families who have gone through some seriously tough times. It is great to see them so happy if only for a brief moment as the battles they face are monumental. If you can help in anyway, I encourage you too. It is an amazing experience for these kids and their families !

Cheers

Peter
Old 05-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Thork'sGT3
Instructor

Peter, you're a good man and a good friend, and once again thanks for your support. So far the story of this year is from one of our new supporters; CanWest Air Charters. One of our riders this year will be starting another round of treatment, and can't sit in a car for 8 hours to make the trip from Calgary to Kelowna.
CanWest Air has stepped up to fly the family out to Kelowna.
But wait, there's more......
The company has also stated that as long as Hands Together for a Cure is raising money for childhood cancer research, they will continue to fly families out to Kelowna and back. To top it all off, they were so thankful to be able to be a part of this unique initiative.
Let's not let ngng's great offer go to waste folks!!

Brent
Old 05-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's fantastic news, way to go Brent and CanWest Air Charters

Quick Reply: Hands Together for a Cure