Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Front axel lift not going down

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:06 AM
757driver
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I can confirm my problem was "lift" was never displayed on the instrument cluster when in the up position and the only way to get the car to lower was driving up to speed. It seemed to take more like 45 mph for me. The lift button operated normally when I raised the car. My car is an early 2010 if that makes a difference for your part numbers. Also mine has been operating normally now for about a year since I got it fixed. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2017, 09:09 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 757driver
Yes, I can confirm my problem was "lift" was never displayed on the instrument cluster when in the up position and the only way to get the car to lower was driving up to speed. It seemed to take more like 45 mph for me. The lift button operated normally when I raised the car. My car is an early 2010 if that makes a difference for your part numbers. Also mine has been operating normally now for about a year since I got it fixed. Good luck!
Sweet! I'll dig into it as soon as I find time. Sounds exactly as the most common issue and exactly like my car.
According to Porsche there is no set date for the switch between the compressors in internal Porsche documentation.

Anyone know, if the entire unit can be removed without the car acting up if started without it?
Old 08-30-2017, 09:43 AM
931_2
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, many thanks 757driver! That is a highly valuable information. Based on this and PET that is the 13bar p/switch.
Bovien would be fine when you could come back when it is fixed or not at your car with the change of the p/switch.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:46 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Progress status is, that I have tried to find out which compressor I have (000 111-> or 000 112 ->) as the pressure switch is dependent of the compressor version. I would like to avoid taking the entire system down, as the cooling pipes are in the way and I'm not feeling too confident on pushing them too much.
Anyone have insight in this?
Anyone have insight into the compressor type? I can see that it is marked with 04/2010, which seems right as a date, but I see no Porsche part no. Only a number from Ventrex who produced the compressor. I've tried them, they are of no help.
I'm in the US in a months time and will try to get both pressure switches home with me, as they are way more expensive in Denmark and then just replace with one and else try the other, unless anyone can enlighten me on either the date the compressor changed part no, or on a safe and easy way of taking the entire system down to check further for part no.
Only issue here is, that I from pictures of the system cannot see anywhere a Porsche part number should be placed in the compressor...
Old 09-08-2017, 07:01 AM
931_2
5th Gear

bovien,
I have the workshop manual how to remove and installing the function module of the leveling system. May I can provide it to you via PN when you like? It looks not so difficult to remove and you don't need to remove coolant pipes to remove the function module.
I don't have the possibility to have a look under my car at the moment. My plan is to check first the pressure switch for the compressor first to find out if the compressor will deliver the right pressure of 17 par. And this should be easy to check because near the compressor switch is a valve where you could hookup a manometer.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Well thought. That would be a possibility. I don't think I have a pressure meter, that goest to 20 bars and will fit the connector, but that must be easily found.
I'll look into that
I just have a feeling that it is the pressure switch for the max pressure, as my lift works fine and seems to build pressure just as it did when it worked.
As I'm going to the US soon, I would buy both switches as they are way cheaper over there
But if you can send me the service manual, I will look into it this weekend if I can find the time. I will but the switch and get it replaced when I get back from the states mid October.
I'll PM you my email now
Old 12-31-2017, 05:50 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Solution and learnings here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...l#post14701100
Old 06-13-2018, 07:03 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts

Dealing with this same issue right now! Hopefully its one of these sensors.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:06 AM
David Lin
AutoX

Default 冷車時正常,熱車時無法下降

When the car is cold, the front axle lifting system cannot be lowered when the car is hot, but it will be normal after the next day. Please replace the sensor.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 AM
David Lin
AutoX

Default Changed two pressure switches, still can not drop after the same hot car

[QUOTE = David Lin; 15566920]當汽車很冷時,汽車很熱時前軸升降系統不能降低,但是第二天之後就會正常。請更換傳感器。[/ QUOTE]

Changed two pressure switches, still can not drop after the same hot car
Old 04-10-2019, 04:15 AM
David Lin
AutoX

Default Changed two pressure switches, still can not drop after the same hot car

[QUOTE = David Lin; 15566920]當汽車很冷時,汽車很熱時前軸升降系統不能降低,但是第二天之後就會正常。請更換傳感器。[/ QUOTE]
Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM
David Lin
AutoX

Old 04-10-2019, 11:10 PM
David Lin
AutoX

Default 991 gt3 已經換了2個壓力開關,但熱車後,前軸升降還是降不下來

991.1 gt3換了兩個壓力開關後,熱車後,前軸升降系統,還是可以提升但無法下降,冷車時正常,熱車後無法下降,請問要如何處理
Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Lin
When the car is cold, the front axle lifting system cannot be lowered when the car is hot, but it will be normal after the next day. Please replace the sensor.
Its got nothing to do with temperature. If your car is not going down, its most like because it thinks that its still going up. Do you have LIFT showing in the digital part of the dash?

Originally Posted by bogey1
Dealing with this same issue right now! Hopefully its one of these sensors.
Give me a PM (or post here or probably best in the other thread, if you have questions. I have some insights into how the system works now, after taking it apart some times.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:08 PM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 295 Posts

Not exactly related but I did find out yesterday that the system won't lower if the door is open.

Quick Reply: Front axel lift not going down