Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Corvette Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Corvette Perspective

I don't usually post on this forum as I'm not fast enough (yet) but, for your entertainment, I happened to dine with a fellow who has a new 'vette. I told him I had a Porsche and he expressed sympathy for me. Well, his 'vette has 7?? different track modes and really doesn't need a steering wheel; just something to "hold on to" while transversing the track. Porsche owners have to "work" at driving their cars and suffer from elbow and shoulder soreness from hitting the "un-padded" door panels when doing hard cornering. His 8? speed tranny always finds the right gear while he thinks some Porsche owners could be happy with non-synchro manual trannys. To him the latest, greatest, effortless, electronic systems are the way to go and any other is out of the question! What fun is that?? Since he couldn't stop talking, I decided to hit the dessert table and land someplace else….. Couldn't tell him I like it right here!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:42 PM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did he mention overheating or dropping valves?
Old 01-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

or shavings in the oil meaning kaboom!

or 'car not finished' as quoted in some tests.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

Did he also mention poor build quality , ride quality and cheap Sh#ty materials used through out the car ,,,don,t get me wrong I am not a Vette hater ,,,but there is some truth in you get what you pay for ...........

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/...ngine-problem/

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...2015-corvettes

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/09/08/c...rouble-report/
Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

he must be the guy in green run group who fails to give point bys to faster drivers in miatas.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:14 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand why he expressed symphony towards you. Because you need better dining mates. Or at least a more informed dining mate.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:13 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

the fact that he didn't follow you to the dessert table and try to out eat you in dessert clearly indicates he's a loser.

he who doesn't understand sugar.... well, why live.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:22 PM
tgil
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Funny posts. Recently 2 Vette owners at local cars and coffee switched to GT3s...there must be something to those decisions since they had to pay up for the GT3s for the car and big registration tax bill to boot.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:42 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 469 Likes on 190 Posts

One of these threads again.....sheesh.

I'm the biggest 997 GT3 fan on the planet. Mooty is probably the only person out there who's driven more GT3s than I have.
But all the things that you're bashing about the new Vette are also true about the 991 GT3. Motor problems.....gearbox that shifts itself.....track modes that drive the car for you.....Porsche is just as guilty as everyone else, so let's not get all brand-snobby. I've had a few Vettes, still have one in the stable, and they're fantastic cars; totally different experience than a Porsche.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tgil
Funny posts. Recently 2 Vette owners at local cars and coffee switched to GT3s...there must be something to those decisions since they had to pay up for the GT3s for the car and big registration tax bill to boot.
And, some GT3 owners are adding Vipers. Who would have thunk it.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
One of these threads again.....sheesh.

I'm the biggest 997 GT3 fan on the planet. Mooty is probably the only person out there who's driven more GT3s than I have.
But all the things that you're bashing about the new Vette are also true about the 991 GT3. Motor problems.....gearbox that shifts itself.....track modes that drive the car for you.....Porsche is just as guilty as everyone else, so let's not get all brand-snobby. I've had a few Vettes, still have one in the stable, and they're fantastic cars; totally different experience than a Porsche.
LMAO, i never bash the car, i bash his lack of desire for desserts.

all cars have issues, we must only concentrate on the PROBLEMS....and worry ourselves to death.

Originally Posted by skxf430
And, some GT3 owners are adding Vipers. Who would have thunk it.
i may have viper coming too....
my is ACR extreme aero GT3/RSR...
you need a supercharger on your z06 soon
Old 01-12-2016, 07:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

I don't care what he said about Porsche or the Vette,but " more electronics to save you and 8 speed automatics " got me. That's why I have more fun in my Miata than any new car,including Porsche. I love when I try to take off in first slowly and the back wheels are still screeching,when I hit the brakes hard and they lock up ,when you get on a high bridge and the wind moves you from one lane to the other,when you change pads every 10 years(unless at the track) because the car is too light to wear them,when I take 90 degrees turns at 35 MPH without touching the brakes,or when I get in the car and the suspension leans on my side. LMAO.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Switchcars, my comments were so 'replys' to someone getting all high and mighty which was obviously the case here. We all know Pcars suffer form problems (clutch, coolant fitting failures, early 991 engine failures) and some were sorted (991 engine failures) and some not (coolant fitting failures).

I don't think the tone of this thread is similar to the 'hating' and one upmanship that goes on on Vett forums, the posts are more about the douche bag at the 'dining experience' this could have been anyone owning any marque. If you are going to get on your high horse, expect to be a target.

Vett's, Vipers, GT3's and diesel skodas all have their place and all have merits and failings.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:33 AM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

i may have viper coming too....
my is ACR extreme aero GT3/RSR...
you need a supercharger on your z06 soon
I have already graduated to Nitrous and will be ready for you.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:18 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i have a few p-cars and also a new vette z06 (manual, thank you haha)

as mentioned above by 20v, the current vettes are very nice very high value performance cars, and offer a different (yet still really exciting) driving experience from a modern p-car like a 991 gt3... we are really lucky to have such choices in this day and age...but all modern performance cars are loaded with tech gizmos that make them easy to drive very fast...something not always viewed by harder core drivers as progress

rickashays dinner companion loves his vette obviously but may not be as sophisticated a car guy / driver and most hanging out on this board... and of course, we favor porsches here!

Quick Reply: Corvette Perspective