Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

.1 GT3 RS Carbon Repair Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,014 Likes on 2,077 Posts

Planning to either replace my plastic center console with leather or carbon. Leather is actually the more expensive option when compared with DB Carbon. I could probably do the center console along with the dash pieces for the same price as just the leather center console from Exclusive Option.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:32 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado964turbo
Ouch!

The carbon trim piece over the cup holder in mine looks like it’s come off the part behind it a little. Both appear to be in good shape so I’m going to remove the cup holder and look at it closer. It’s barely noticeable but I know it’s there.
The long piece? I think I remember that. The carbon bits are cool but getting all those pieces to line up properly with the moving parts on the cup holder is tough. The carbon bits in these cars are notorious for being an issue..
Old 12-31-2019, 11:02 PM
XrussianX
Pro

Received 395 Likes on 175 Posts

My center console is also cracked to sh.. I’m thinking about matching the rest of the Alcantara with yellow stitching on that part. It’s cracked and delaminating pretty bad. Wouldn’t look out of place as that was originally an option. Which knowing this now I bet many would have chosen otherwise
Old 01-01-2020, 10:09 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,014 Likes on 2,077 Posts

I think that DB Carbon and MA Carbon seem to fix these issues though? I know that from factory they are a problem, just as someone mentioned it is like the coolant line glue. Haha. If you like the carbon look though, the aftermarket seems to have fixed it. Alcantara is a great option if you have lots of it in your car already, which I guess most of us do with at least seats and then a shifter and potentially a steering wheel (mine happened to be ordered with leather).

I think leather is the ideal solution to me, but I could easily go crazy with leather and spend way too much on that. Trying to figure out what actually needs to be replaced and then go from there. I guess in that case, I would just replace the center console again with plastic and figure it will last another 10 years and be happy with that.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:20 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

I love carbon fiber in cars just for the contrast and the beauty, but from a long-term perspective if you plan on holding the car for a lifetime maybe rubber dash, and less carbon fiber/leather is a better option .... I know my 76 leather – was crap after many years from heat etc.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:43 PM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 174 Likes on 103 Posts

Yep, the long piece in the middle. I have it all apart and will try some epoxy on it before i order a new one.

Quick Reply: .1 GT3 RS Carbon Repair Recommendations