usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,072 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Try a race car, u will stop tracking your gt3

It's natural progression

oP...hope the car works out, sounds awesome

Spyrex...leave u with this
I'm trying to get Spyerx to build a race 987.2 Cayman S like Mooty did and I'm currently doing. It's only a matter of time before he does it. I had a portly RS that was about 3200lbs with a rollbar, lithium battery, and no side mufflers. The Cayman will be around 2,700lbs without me in it.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Slowandsteady
I was pleased to see Jenks beat the crap out of the car on the track. That's why I bought it.
The car isn't really broken in properly until it's stretched its legs at the track for bit.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

there are no 150k RS. even beat to **** one's
if you dont buy that 170 car, someone else will.
izzone's car is worth $115. where should i wire to get my girl back?

Last edited by mooty; 08-17-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:09 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
there are no 150k RS. even beat to **** one's
if you dont by that 170 car, someone else will.
izzone's car is worth $115. where should i wire to get my girl back?
Lol

Trade ur 115 back for the car u shouldn't have sold...it hasn't been waxed since it left ur garage

Send 115k plus one of ur '86 carerra and we can talk
Old 08-17-2015, 12:55 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowandsteady
I drive mine daily, kids' soccer games, grocery, cleaners, etc. and 10-12 HPDE annually. Things break, RMG fixes them. Just a car. A car that I'm going to keep. :-)
And you rip on the track
Old 08-17-2015, 01:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,783 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
The build sheet says "lightweight headlights". Is that the crappy halogens?

Has the lightweight battery and center console in carbon.
Lol

Trade ur 115 back for the car u shouldn't have sold...it hasn't been waxed since it left ur garage

i fear i paid more for the 86 than my offer for geisha
Old 08-17-2015, 02:30 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Lol

No way, he's in love with that thing.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm trying to get Spyerx to build a race 987.2 Cayman S like Mooty did and I'm currently doing. It's only a matter of time before he does it. I had a portly RS that was about 3200lbs with a rollbar, lithium battery, and no side mufflers. The Cayman will be around 2,700lbs without me in it.
man that thing was fat. over 200lbs more than mine. we have to put on scales now. maybe lighter? pccb, no bar...
la la la la la la la. i have something different in mind. :-)
so many cars to get, so little time...!!!!
I'm plenty happy with my RS for track days.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
man that thing was fat. over 200lbs more than mine. we have to put on scales now. maybe lighter? pccb, no bar...
la la la la la la la. i have something different in mind. :-)
so many cars to get, so little time...!!!!
I'm plenty happy with my RS for track days.
My guess is that the RS probably still weights around 3,200ish today as the rollbar was at least 50lbs and the PCCBs are probably 20-30lbs lighter than the steel rotors.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I sit here a bit sad, as the mists rise over the salt water marshes, reading about how these cars just get better and better, and more reliable the more they are run hard on race tracks, knowing my own engine sits on a work bench in Kansas City, about to have the cam covers come off to see what is ailing it. And my own car only with four DE's early in its life and gently driven since then, with maintenance records since new in a folder on my desk. I actually just awoke from a dream where I was setting out on a long trip in my own GT3, and it was purring like a kitten.

Hopefully, RennsportKC will have some answers for me later this week. I need to talk to my retirement advisor about moving some money........

First PSA test after my prostatectomy 6 weeks ago is encouraging. A waiting game now....

All the best.....
Old 08-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
I sit here a bit sad, as the mists rise over the salt water marshes, reading about how these cars just get better and better, and more reliable the more they are run hard on race tracks, knowing my own engine sits on a work bench in Kansas City, about to have the cam covers come off to see what is ailing it. And my own car only with four DE's early in its life and gently driven since then, with maintenance records since new in a folder on my desk. I actually just awoke from a dream where I was setting out on a long trip in my own GT3, and it was purring like a kitten.

Hopefully, RennsportKC will have some answers for me later this week. I need to talk to my retirement advisor about moving some money........

First PSA test after my prostatectomy 6 weeks ago is encouraging. A waiting game now....

All the best.....
You probably know this as well as all of us... issues do happen and often as no result of how being driven or maintenance. To a large extent, a crap shoot. The cars take a lot of abuse, they just keep running - but issues do happen. Given how hard many are driven, driving other cars like this would just put them into the fetal position. A 100+ day not long ago, the GT3s keep going and going, all other cars, overheating.

Your car will be back on the road soon. The $ will sting a bit, but it will be fine. Then you'll drive and forget all about that sting.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:36 AM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

After much back and forth I have decided to pass on the car which was the topic of this thread. It "may" be listed for sale at Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta. If Hennessy lists it, I have no idea what it will be listed for. David Gentile is salesman there and a standup guy. If its listed there (and not sold to someone before it hits the showroom), he should know just about everything about the car.

I am now looking at a local to me one owner 2RS that I am familiar with and I know the car's history. The RS owner, a client of mine, said he would sell when his 991RS comes in, so I am choosing to wait for his car if it becomes available. If not, then the hunt will continue.

Thank you to all that replied to my post.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:40 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by CTK
After much back and forth I have decided to pass on the car which was the topic of this thread. It "may" be listed for sale at Hennessy Porsche in Atlanta. If Hennessy lists it, I have no idea what it will be listed for. David Gentile is salesman there and a standup guy. If its listed there (and not sold to someone before it hits the showroom), he should know just about everything about the car.

I am now looking at a local to me one owner 2RS that I am familiar with and I know the car's history. The RS owner, a client of mine, said he would sell when his 991RS comes in, so I am choosing to wait for his car if it becomes available. If not, then the hunt will continue.

Thank you to all that replied to my post.
was it the lack of A/C and Radio that gave you cold feet?
Old 08-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
low option stripper RS are the desireable trailer queens of the future.
They are not something you would use to tour or daily drive today.
No radio and no A/C makes for a enjoyable short stint on a weekend but that is about it.

under 10k miles. One would want 150k-170k in todays market.
Just like what came to be known as the speedster. People in the USA didn't want to pay the high prices for the 356 so (What's his name) asked for a stripper and now the speedsters are the most valuable in general. But it's not like we could have just checked a box for "Speedster Stripper" for the GT3RS. Some feel that is what the 991 GT3R is going to be.

Either they haven't listed that Hennessey Porsche or it's sold!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, in part. This wont be a dedicated track car for me. I plan on taking it to the office, to the cottage, etc so I'm sure I will want some a/c periodically. I don't need a radio or nav. All I want is that center exhaust note.

But, the main reason for the pass was that I would much prefer to buy from an original owner. I like knowing a car's history, reviewing all service records and would even pay a premium for it especially when spending $170k + on the car.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:00 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts
Default 997.2RS Stripper - Whats it worth?

Originally Posted by CTK
Yes, in part. This wont be a dedicated track car for me. I plan on taking it to the office, to the cottage, etc so I'm sure I will want some a/c periodically. I don't need a radio or nav. All I want is that center exhaust note.

But, the main reason for the pass was that I would much prefer to buy from an original owner. I like knowing a car's history, reviewing all service records and would even pay a premium for it especially when spending $170k + on the car.
I don't blame you. A 9k mile RS should come with all receipts and records. A/c is a good option for a street legal car. No reason for radio in RS. If you don't like the music just downshift.

Quick Reply: 997.2RS Stripper - Whats it worth?