GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

repost and it's sold!
Old 04-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

sold...but depending on what happened... for a driver/track b*tch I'd hit it.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:37 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Whoever bought this car should be aware there is at least two accidents on this car. The first one is reported on CarFax but the second one does not show up on CarFax this one happened in 2013. The second accident shows up on AutoCheck but not CarFax and AutoCheck does not show the first one.

When I inquired about the vehicle the sales told me only about the one on CarFax. Since it was on consignment I asked bout the second accident. The dealer claimed they did not know anything about this accident but will ask the seller. The seller said that the accident happened in a parking lot and was around $10,000 in damages. Front radiator, bumper, lip, underbody damage was mentioned.

Should note that the car had an accident early on in its life and was sold at action a few years later. The airbag system was then checked at a dealer afterwards, this is mentioned on CarFax as well.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:16 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

people are too concerned about accidents...it's a damn car!
Old 04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by ngng
+1

Drive em, that's what they are for.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:38 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get why some get all worked up over others sharing info about a car...particularly it's about accidents that may not be disclosed in a sale situation.
I don't think any is suggesting that since it was involved in accidents, it's now worthless. However, there's no doubt that there are pricing implications.
2 cars being equal in specs, mileage, condition, etc...I'll pay more for one that has not been hit than one that has. This is as certain as gravity. If I'm a buyer, I'd like to have that info.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ngng
Accidents are fine as long as the shop that repaired it is reputable and no corners are cut. This is usually pretty evident on a PPI/a good inspection with someone knowing what they're looking for. Accidents are and can be an issue if it is improperly repaired and a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. I highly doubt anyone will want to be tracking or driving a GT3 held together with Bondo.

Regardless, an accident should be reflective on the price.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by alpha motoring
Accidents are fine as long as the shop that repaired it is reputable and no corners are cut. This is usually pretty evident on a PPI/a good inspection with someone knowing what they're looking for. Accidents are and can be an issue if it is improperly repaired and a safety hazard to yourself and others around you. I highly doubt anyone will want to be tracking or driving a GT3 held together with Bondo.

Regardless, an accident should be reflective on the price.
totally agree
Old 04-22-2015, 08:41 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

So what was the accident and how much did it sell for?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:50 PM
TurboS
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA_27149
I don't get why some get all worked up over others sharing info about a car...particularly it's about accidents that may not be disclosed in a sale situation.
I don't think any is suggesting that since it was involved in accidents, it's now worthless. However, there's no doubt that there are pricing implications.
2 cars being equal in specs, mileage, condition, etc...I'll pay more for one that has not been hit than one that has. This is as certain as gravity. If I'm a buyer, I'd like to have that info.
Agreed! I was hit from behind a 10 kph in my turbo, resulting in 20k in damage due to the hydraulic wing. Once repaired car looked like new. The other overblown concern IMHO is overrevs. I'm sure most manuals that are driven have overrevs, as long as the engine checks out these should not be a major concern.....
Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 PM
alpha motoring
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lax01
So what was the accident and how much did it sell for?
$69.9K but think about it...the car was on consignment. No dealer will throw out an 'amazing' deal out there for no reason. If it really was such a great deal the dealer would've bought the car themselves and sold it for way more.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:56 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 47 Posts

Alright guys... I bought the car. I really don't want to get into a big debate about what it cost / I paid.

I will say that I had the PPI done at S Car Go. Rob said the repairs were done very very well. It needed back pads, which the owner paid for. It needs rear tires, there's some interior and exterior wear and tear, it has drippy RMS and clean DME (no over-revs at any range).

We all know that a car at this price range does not come w/o some 'baggage'. I'd love a 8k mi like new one owner car, with no track time, perfect maintenance, clean DME and pinned coolant lines. I can't justify the cost of that car. And frankly I don't really need a car like that. I plan on driving my GT3.

With the help of recommendations from you guys I've been working on arrangements for getting her up here to the great North. Also, again thanks to the info I've learned on this board (and mooty), I have a list of PM to-dos I'm getting quoted by a few shops (coolant lines pinned, etc).

Unlike most of you guys this is ONLY my second Porsche (currently I have a '00 Boxster S). While its only my second, its the only brand of sports car I'd ever own. I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I'm an engineer by training, so I'm always thinking about what could go wrong. LOL

I'm sure I'll be picking your collective brains. I've been in all the nooks and crannies of rennlist, and this little corner has the best peeps!

Jon
Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jonwb
Alright guys... I bought the car. I really don't want to get into a big debate about what it cost / I paid. I will say that I had the PPI done at S Car Go. Rob said the repairs were done very very well. It needed back pads, which the owner paid for. It needs rear tires, there's some interior and exterior wear and tear, it has drippy RMS and clean DME (no over-revs at any range). We all know that a car at this price range does not come w/o some 'baggage'. I'd love a 8k mi like new one owner car, with no track time, perfect maintenance, clean DME and pinned coolant lines. I can't justify the cost of that car. And frankly I don't really need a car like that. I plan on driving my GT3. With the help of recommendations from you guys I've been working on arrangements for getting her up here to the great North. Also, again thanks to the info I've learned on this board (and mooty), I have a list of PM to-dos I'm getting quoted by a few shops (coolant lines pinned, etc). Unlike most of you guys this is ONLY my second Porsche (currently I have a '00 Boxster S). While its only my second, its the only brand of sports car I'd ever own. I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I'm an engineer by training, so I'm always thinking about what could go wrong. LOL I'm sure I'll be picking your collective brains. I've been in all the nooks and crannies of rennlist, and this little corner has the best peeps! Jon
Well done - drive and enjoy no one can actually spot good paint work anyway
Old 04-22-2015, 11:13 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jonwb
Alright guys... I bought the car. I really don't want to get into a big debate about what it cost / I paid.

I will say that I had the PPI done at S Car Go. Rob said the repairs were done very very well. It needed back pads, which the owner paid for. It needs rear tires, there's some interior and exterior wear and tear, it has drippy RMS and clean DME (no over-revs at any range).

We all know that a car at this price range does not come w/o some 'baggage'. I'd love a 8k mi like new one owner car, with no track time, perfect maintenance, clean DME and pinned coolant lines. I can't justify the cost of that car. And frankly I don't really need a car like that. I plan on driving my GT3.

With the help of recommendations from you guys I've been working on arrangements for getting her up here to the great North. Also, again thanks to the info I've learned on this board (and mooty), I have a list of PM to-dos I'm getting quoted by a few shops (coolant lines pinned, etc).

Unlike most of you guys this is ONLY my second Porsche (currently I have a '00 Boxster S). While its only my second, its the only brand of sports car I'd ever own. I'm equal parts excited and nervous. I'm an engineer by training, so I'm always thinking about what could go wrong. LOL

I'm sure I'll be picking your collective brains. I've been in all the nooks and crannies of rennlist, and this little corner has the best peeps!

Jon
Congrats, nice to read a level headed post. Enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: A cheap .1 or not. Shows accident