Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Front wheel well screens

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:29 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Need help with installation. Does the front bumper have to come off to install these properly? And is this overkill for a street driven car?

Last edited by scott40; 04-29-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:56 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Need help with installation. Does the front bumper have to come off to install these properly?
Which wheel well screens did you get? The front bumper doesnt need to be removed to install the screens I posted.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:13 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Which wheel well screens did you get? The front bumper doesnt need to be removed to install the screens I posted.
Same as you posted. Can you give me some tips with installation?
Old 04-30-2015, 01:49 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scott40
Need help with installation. Does the front bumper have to come off to install these properly? And is this overkill for a street driven car?
I don't think this is "overkill" for a street driven car. I was "overseeing" (i.e. curiously watching) the installation when my tech was doing it, and the crap we were pulling out of the front and back wasn't great. Had some good sized rocks we dug out of there, which I'm sure would have done some good damage if they hit the radiators at the right speed and angle even if driven aggressively on the street. Front side was worse though, and I'm glad I threw on the Cargraphic stuff up front.

From what I saw, my tech did it a somewhat simple way, but it helped that he had a lift so he had more room to work with. He pulled apart the front fender liners in that area somewhat, then fitted the screen with this black part still on the car (borrowing tye's pic), mocked things up with whiteout (sharpie won't be visible against black surface haha) after having measured the location of the bottom tab's hole with a tape measure, then drilled the necessary 2 holes and screwed it in. Was actually a pretty simple affair in the end.

Gary at Capital City Motorsports was amazing to work with. I told him I wasn't 100% sure of the application, and he sent me the screens free of charge to test fit. Didn't take a single dime. Blew me away. After I had the screens fitted on my car I rang him up, he sent me a bill and I paid. That's an impressive level of customer service and trust.

Sorry no pics since my car is currently not with me, but hope this helps.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:12 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

^ Thats a good explanation of how to install it. And I agree, Gary is awesome!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:53 PM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LateBraking
I don't think this is "overkill" for a street driven car. I was "overseeing" (i.e. curiously watching) the installation when my tech was doing it, and the crap we were pulling out of the front and back wasn't great. Had some good sized rocks we dug out of there, which I'm sure would have done some good damage if they hit the radiators at the right speed and angle even if driven aggressively on the street. Front side was worse though, and I'm glad I threw on the Cargraphic stuff up front.

From what I saw, my tech did it a somewhat simple way, but it helped that he had a lift so he had more room to work with. He pulled apart the front fender liners in that area somewhat, then fitted the screen with this black part still on the car (borrowing tye's pic), mocked things up with whiteout (sharpie won't be visible against black surface haha) after having measured the location of the bottom tab's hole with a tape measure, then drilled the necessary 2 holes and screwed it in. Was actually a pretty simple affair in the end.

Gary at Capital City Motorsports was amazing to work with. I told him I wasn't 100% sure of the application, and he sent me the screens free of charge to test fit. Didn't take a single dime. Blew me away. After I had the screens fitted on my car I rang him up, he sent me a bill and I paid. That's an impressive level of customer service and trust.

Sorry no pics since my car is currently not with me, but hope this helps.
Thanks! We got them installed.
Attached Images  

Last edited by scott40; 04-30-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Front wheel well screens