Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

New 997 GT3 owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

Was it sold to you in as is condition? You have a shop, you must have some idea what you were buying/getting into. In a way, the GT3 was lucky to get a second chance. I can barely change my own oil so definitely not for me.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:13 PM
iapgt3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
I don't get it...did you not have a PPI done?
I did not have a PPI completed. I almost never do because I look the car over myself and since I have a shop it makes more sense. I don't want to get into all the details, but I have a friend on the west coast that vouched for the car. Well he was obviously wrong and has been apologizing over and over again. It is ultimately my fault as I should of flown out

I didn't mind the widebody kit on the car if it was done right. I understand a lot of purist do not like that. I think once done they may still be able to appreciate it. And I am going to document and show all of the behind the scene build pics. It wont be a project that I just show the best finished pics of.

The main reason that I posted this thread was that others would know the quality coming from these people and beware of buying anything.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM
kchu221
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

omg... looking at the pictures you posted makes me sad... seems like the car was painted with all the body parts attached to the car, instead of painting each body part seperatley.. LTMW is known to produce cars within a weeks time so im sure all the work will be mickey moused anyway... I am sorry for you loss...
Old 01-23-2015, 01:29 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

You should just find some OEM gt3 body panels and bring if back go life. Would probably be easier than foxing a hacked up body kit, and probably worth much more in the end.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:32 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_325i
This is just insane. I've been telling my friends who drool over these cars "built" by LTMW are nothing but shoddy show cars that will fall apart in no time. I almost feel compelled to post this thread on the BMW forum. This is so sad that they did that to a beautiful (formerly yellow) 997.1 GT3. These guys hack these cars up and fool most people by instagram posts that make it appear as though they do great work.

Hope you sort this out and keep us in the loop. I would love to see this thing made right.
If I were you, I would post these in the BMW forums.

Edit
Old 01-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by kchu221
omg... looking at the pictures you posted makes me sad... seems like the car was painted with all the body parts attached to the car, instead of painting each body part seperatley.. LTMW is known to produce cars within a weeks time so im sure all the work will be mickey moused anyway... I am sorry for you loss...
you just have to look at the sort of product on these guys website to know that this is not TechArt or Gemballa we are dealing with ... these guys are catering to the "pimp my *****-f***** ride" market ...
Old 01-23-2015, 02:16 PM
scbeast
Instructor

Previous owner violated that car - should be banned from this community.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scbeast
Previous owner violated that car - should be banned from this community.
its a leper, but the OP's heart is in the right place ...
Old 01-23-2015, 02:26 PM
esc911
Rennlist Member

Another shady element here is that the original flossman design kit is just a gt3r kit (amazing looking in its own right) and that he hacked it up, marketed it as his own so he could go super wide. This is from the flossman website
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:00 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iapgt3
I did not have a PPI completed. I almost never do because I look the car over myself and since I have a shop it makes more sense. I don't want to get into all the details, but I have a friend on the west coast that vouched for the car. Well he was obviously wrong and has been apologizing over and over again. It is ultimately my fault as I should of flown out

I didn't mind the widebody kit on the car if it was done right. I understand a lot of purist do not like that. I think once done they may still be able to appreciate it. And I am going to document and show all of the behind the scene build pics. It wont be a project that I just show the best finished pics of.

The main reason that I posted this thread was that others would know the quality coming from these people and beware of buying anything.
I guess it was a tough lesson but sounds like you have the proper attitude to make it right. I hope it comes together for you.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:11 PM
kchu221
Banned

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you just have to look at the sort of product on these guys website to know that this is not TechArt or Gemballa we are dealing with ... these guys are catering to the "pimp my *****-f***** ride" market ...
exactly... but that is what LTMW is purely known for... they have collab'd with Liberty Walk japan to produce widebody exotics like the 458, aventador, and m3's... and the turn around time is about a week... which I think is way too fast for a proper set up... and just by looking at the pics, it seems like the car is sprayed with the panels on the car...
Old 01-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kchu221
exactly... but that is what LTMW is purely known for... they have collab'd with Liberty Walk japan to produce widebody exotics like the 458, aventador, and m3's... and the turn around time is about a week... which I think is way too fast for a proper set up... and just by looking at the pics, it seems like the car is sprayed with the panels on the car...
Its criminal ... glassfibre crap worthy of an old accord or acura ... butchery
Old 01-23-2015, 04:12 PM
kchu221
Banned

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Its criminal ... glassfibre crap worthy of an old accord or acura ... butchery
LOl especially to a gt3... id understand if it was a regular Carrera...
Old 01-23-2015, 04:39 PM
monk46
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, you got a much bigger project than you bargained for due to a PPI shortcut. Fortunately you seem to have the aptitude to fix it. I would be beyond furious, so kudos for your attitude now that it has happened. Best wishes on your rebuild so you can really enjoy what the car has to offer. By then you will know the car really well and have earned the ride for sure.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

After seeing the new pics on page 2... car is a disaster.

Quick Reply: New 997 GT3 owner