Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 RS - Seeking any comments on this car

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

If sprayed it's pretty easy to find out what was sprayed. If just bumper, that's pretty minor (and common, and paint meter won't work on the plastic). If fenders and hood... then who knows, you'd want to do a very careful check pulling the under panels and probably fender liners off to see what metal was repaired and if done to a high level of quality (i.e. you can't tell). The fenders are easy to take on/off and paint. So is hood, so is bumper, but if underlying things were damaged, that's what you want to know. Value of this, if true, is up to you as a buyer. Some buyers run from paint, some don't. It will probably affect value and may be why the car is priced well. Keep in mind if the car has clear bra paint meters won't work right.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Spyerx
If sprayed it's pretty easy to find out what was sprayed. If just bumper, that's pretty minor (and common, and paint meter won't work on the plastic). If fenders and hood... then who knows, you'd want to do a very careful check pulling the under panels and probably fender liners off to see what metal was repaired and if done to a high level of quality (i.e. you can't tell). The fenders are easy to take on/off and paint. So is hood, so is bumper, but if underlying things were damaged, that's what you want to know. Value of this, if true, is up to you as a buyer. Some buyers run from paint, some don't. It will probably affect value and may be why the car is priced well. Keep in mind if the car has clear bra paint meters won't work right.
Thanks for the reply!! If it is just a front end respray and no other damage or issues then it sounds like it's not a major problem but I understand it could cause an issue for some buyers.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM
lkn4adl
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please check yourself but someone had mentioned to me that this car had been completely resprayed or mostly resprayed - i do not have first hand knowledge but had heard this so make sure you check it out via third party inspector or paint meter -
good luck
Old 12-07-2014, 07:27 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lkn4adl
Please check yourself but someone had mentioned to me that this car had been completely resprayed or mostly resprayed - i do not have first hand knowledge but had heard this so make sure you check it out via third party inspector or paint meter -
good luck
In your opinion how much repainting takes the car from desirable to undesirable? If it's just a front end respray compared to multiple parts/pieces being resprayed such as hood fenders etc.? Is there a point to repaint/respraying that begins to kill potential resell? Thanks!
Old 12-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by JR_PRO
In your opinion how much repainting takes the car from desirable to undesirable? If it's just a front end respray compared to multiple parts/pieces being resprayed such as hood fenders etc.? Is there a point to repaint/respraying that begins to kill potential resell? Thanks!
Any respray will detract from value (maybe excluding bumpers depending on buyer and circumstances... ) Anything beyond bumpers that is NOT documented will scare people away and all will detract from value. Documentation is important.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:18 AM
///BLACKLABEL
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The car had a track accident and the whole front end was repaired / painted. Previous owner paid cash for repairs with no records.

That said...could be a great track car!
Old 12-08-2014, 07:54 AM
lkn4adl
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont think its a matter of desirability but rather a matter of what its worth. if the repair was done correctly then there isnt an issue except for what the value may be... and of course its value is less than the same car without the paint work or accident repair.
that car was being marketed for 165 a few weeks ago and not knowing the car had been repaired at the time i felt that it may have been fairly priced for having only 5k miles... the price has been adjusted down 15k but not sure if that is enough to compensate for its colored history but the market will tell soon enough
Old 12-08-2014, 07:08 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by ///BLACKLABEL
The car had a track accident and the whole front end was repaired / painted. Previous owner paid cash for repairs with no records.

That said...could be a great track car!
The way they described it to me in person the damage was more than to just the front end. I was told the entire car was resprayed.

Not one I'd want to own for anywhere close to 150k. Ironically when I walked in it was still listed at 165k and had it been perfect I probably would have offered close to that.

To their credit they told me this information themselves but I'm not sure why they aren't mentioning it on eBay. It seemed like a rather low-rent dealership to me as well although the sales guy I dealt with was professional.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:47 PM
///BLACKLABEL
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
The way they described it to me in person the damage was more than to just the front end. I was told the entire car was resprayed.

Not one I'd want to own for anywhere close to 150k. Ironically when I walked in it was still listed at 165k and had it been perfect I probably would have offered close to that.

To their credit they told me this information themselves but I'm not sure why they aren't mentioning it on eBay. It seemed like a rather low-rent dealership to me as well although the sales guy I dealt with was professional.
I had the same convo - although it seems like as time goes on more and more is being uncovered - I spoke to them when the car was first listed and it was front clip re spray…
Old 12-09-2014, 12:08 AM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone I appreciate it...based on all this information what is this car worth or a fair value considering the respray...$135K, $140K, $145K??? Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:58 PM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

If you decide to go forth and purchase make sure a good body shop inspects the car. Using a lift etc and really narrow down how much damage there actually was.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:07 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,092 Likes on 2,114 Posts

This car is back up for sale. Including the VIN this time so that future people can find it. WP0AC2A96BS783515

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-gt3-rs-11/
Old 02-20-2020, 11:35 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 210 Posts

I tried to buy this car from Gaudin. I have emails from them with the CPO inspection and paint meter numbers that say “6-7 all around.” When I told them my son is a Certified Porsche Technician at a Porsche dealer and that the paint numbers on this car should be 4.5-5 from factory, they sent the car to Riverside, CA for auction the next day!

I guess the car is what it is, but the prospective buyer needs to be informed. I have no stake in this sale. It makes no difference to me if it sells or not. I’m just sharing my experience.
The following 2 users liked this post by kyrocks:
GM.RS (02-21-2020), Mr. Adair (02-23-2020)

Quick Reply: GT3 RS - Seeking any comments on this car