GT3 RS - Seeking any comments on this car

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 01:12 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GT3 RS - Seeking any comments on this car

Hello,

New member here and have a deposit on this GT3 RS I'm looking at for sale up in Illinois....I am going to have a 3rd party inspection completed but was seeking comments from members here if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this particular car regarding condition, use, or anything else that would be helpful in making a sound purchase decision whether it be good or bad. Funny thing I've seen about these GT3 cars is that it seems some people will knock them if they have been tracked but again from my understanding these were built primarily for track days etc. so if a car has been tracked some I personally don't think its an issue as long as the overall condition is fine...any thoughts or comments appreciated and thanks! See link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-PORSCHE...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car has Chrono. Dash wart isn't popular here.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Car looks clean. No tell-tale signs of heavy track use (wear on seat back from helmet/hans, brakes discoloration, different rotors/pads, etc) but that's hard to see w/o getting car up on lift. Here's build sheet. Should have 6mo of warranty left (may 2015). Someone did remove the decals, but otherwise looks as spec'd for delivery, including the steering wheel in leather (did they not have the sport design wheel in 2011? that wheel looks off in the car... ). Have it inspected, have paint metered, check underbody well. Make sure a shop that knows these cars does the inspection. It's well spec'd for a driver including cupholders!, most here don't like the sport chrono option though.
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2014, 01:42 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replies I appreciate it...that's a good point regarding the decals. I've been looking at these GT3 RS models for a month or so and I have seen a few others on the Internet that did not have the GT3 RS decals so I was wondering could you order these cars with a "Graphics Delete" option or have all the RS models I have seen without the graphics removed by the owners? I guess in the future if I were to sell it I could always buy those decals in case it was important to a future owner.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

The vinyl stickers are a high cost option. Some like them some don't. Not a big deal either way, I don't think its value changing from a used car perspective which makes it similar to most options.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
The vinyl stickers are a high cost option. Some like them some don't. Not a big deal either way, I don't think its value changing from a used car perspective which makes it similar to most options.
Could be mistaken but I thought graphics were standard, you could get delete from factory, most just removed them when adding clear bra or when they got thrashed.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

You are probably right, I see the decal pricing at Suncoast and it makes me shiver...
Old 12-07-2014, 02:46 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

I almost hate to ask this question because price is such a subjective topic but considering everything is in good shape on this particular car does the price seem high, low, or about right where it should be? Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:06 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JR_PRO
I almost hate to ask this question because price is such a subjective topic but considering everything is in good shape on this particular car does the price seem high, low, or about right where it should be? Thanks for all the feedback.
Pricing is all over the place, but in my opinion this is low for a 5k mile .2 RS in comparison to what's out there. Low as in asking price. Somebody posted that this car had a front respray. Do a search on .2RS for sale and you will find a thread with this comment. Good luck and be sure to get a DME report along with a PPI from a reputable shop.

Found the thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=136624

See Kyrocks post on bottom of page 1.

And you can buy the decals from kistudios.com for a fraction of the price.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:16 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Smile

"Pricing is all over the place, but in my opinion this is low for a 5k mile .2 RS in comparison to what's out there. Low as in asking price.

Somebody posted that this car had a front respray. Do a search on .2RS for sale and you will find a thread with this comment. Good luck and be sure to get a DME report along with a PPI from a reputable shop."

Thanks for the information I appreciate it...if in fact I found out it did have a front respray for whatever reason does this really hurt the car? Carfax is clean and shows no accident damage but I know it could have been resprayed...obviously I'm not familiar with the typical RS buyer but let's say a year from now I go to sell it and the price was fair but the front was resprayed does it give it a Scarlet letter and kill the value or even if it was priced fair will know one buy it because of a front end respray?
Old 12-07-2014, 03:21 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by madmurdock
Pricing is all over the place, but in my opinion this is low for a 5k mile .2 RS in comparison to what's out there. Low as in asking price. Somebody posted that this car had a front respray. Do a search on .2RS for sale and you will find a thread with this comment. Good luck and be sure to get a DME report along with a PPI from a reputable shop.

Found the thread. https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=136624

See Kyrocks post on bottom of page 1.

And you can buy the decals from kistudios.com for a fraction of the price.
Thanks for the link but that is a differnt VIN and a 2010 model so it's a differnt car...
Old 12-07-2014, 03:24 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

I think if you read the thread someone brings up the car you're looking at and KY then chimes in that it had a respray. I'd talk to KY to be sure, he's a nice guy and if he isn't rounding laps at COTA right now he may respond quickly.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:30 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Yes I would talk to Ky for sure. He was replying to my post about the same car you have linked on here.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:33 PM
JR_PRO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ranger22
I think if you read the thread someone brings up the car you're looking at and KY then chimes in that it had a respray. I'd talk to KY to be sure, he's a nice guy and if he isn't rounding laps at COTA right now he may respond quickly.
Sorry my bad I skipped right over that so thanks for the heads up...does that kill future resell for someone looking for an RS? Carfax is clean but I realize it still could have been sprayed. Does it mean it most likely will be impossible to sell in the future or it will sell but just at a drastically reduced priced? I'm just not familiar with the RS buyer meaning do they typically only buy RS cars that are all stock and no issues/paint/mechanical work ever being done or is something like a front end respray not a deal killer?
Old 12-07-2014, 03:35 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Depends on who is buying. Some people might think you're trying to cover up something if the whole front was sprayed (hoods fenders bumper). Easy to check if it was resprayed with a $180 ebay paint depth gauge. If it was resprayed because it has chips from tracking or a minor incident and was well documented with images etc the right buyer may be okay with that. It all depends on the buyer and documentation...

Quick Reply: GT3 RS - Seeking any comments on this car