Originally Posted by 3point8
ordering now can't wait!
You will not be disappointed
Old 10-16-2014, 10:03 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
We're down to 5 units in this run. Next run will be at least 6 weeks away.
Glad I got mine a few weeks ago. Very happy customer. Great support from Tom BTW.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

i have one for sale for 7.2 cars.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:22 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i have one for sale for 7.2 cars.
Have you tried it by any chance?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:01 AM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Mode 1 = solid light
Mode 2= blink
Mode 3 = blink twice

What about no light?
Old 11-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

If it is working, there is always a light.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,602 Likes on 2,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Matrog
If it is working, there is always a light.
+1 and if it isnt you should expect there to be a fault code thrown ...
Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 PM
BeakerGT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a couple of weeks running the DSC I am still in lurv...best $$ spent thus far. Next uo, RSS Tarmac kit and a roll bar...and then some new HREs and better rubber.

Oh, and the TechArt nose lift kit because I'm tired of scraping on dust mites
Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just want to give some feedback on the DSC unit on my .1 GT3RS. Swapping the PSAM controller is quite easy, but splicing the 3-axis accelerometer is quite difficult for me because my rollbar's plate is partially covering the ECU plate screw, so I have to work with the exposed ECU wires in the limited space. It took me a couple of attempts to get it right.

My first road test was done on the Skyline in the bay area. Took Hwy 9 up to Hwy 35 to Alice, and drove back to 9 again to go to Scott's Valley. I use mode 1, the normal mode for this trip. The impression was remarkable, especially the ability of the stock suspension to soak up bumps at high speed. Before, although it was compliant, it was also a bit fuzzy/crashy. I felt the car almost glide over small bumps at high speed, but was stable without much body lean in corners. In fact, you could feel the outside stiffened up in corners, and it's the same while braking, the front end stiffened up under hard braking. On long sweepers I no longer feel the slight nervousness of the suspension as if the rear wants to come out, it is now rock solid and really inspire my confidence in the car.

Some time later I went to Sonoma Raceway to test it. Since it was damp in the morning, I drove with mode 1, and it handled quite well, compared to the stock PSAM's normal mode. After the track dried up, I noticed that at the esses from T7 to T9, the car's left-right transition felt a bit slower, so I switched to mode 2, and it decreases the transition delay. My confidence grew and I started to push a bit more, and at T4 I got the rear to rotate, but the feeling was smooth and progressive, and I fixed it by straightened my steering angle. Overall it feels like I have a completely new suspension.

I can't say how much time it has given me on the track because it was only my second time at Sonoma, and the first time was about 2 years ago and I was just starting to drive the car, so I am not driving the car to its limit yet, but still this has been one of the best mod I have ever done. No more 997.2 PSAM improvement envy for me.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:35 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Great updates, thanks for posting!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BeakerGT3
After a couple of weeks running the DSC I am still in lurv...best $$ spent thus far. Next uo, RSS Tarmac kit and a roll bar...and then some new HREs and better rubber.

+1 best $1k I have spent on my suspension.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BeakerGT3

I have that on my car if you want to 'experience' it before buying...
Old 11-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hlee1169
Just want to give some feedback on the DSC unit on my .1 GT3RS. Swapping the PSAM controller is quite easy, but splicing the 3-axis accelerometer is quite difficult for me because my rollbar's plate is partially covering the ECU plate screw, so I have to work with the exposed ECU wires in the limited space. It took me a couple of attempts to get it right.

My first road test was done on the Skyline in the bay area. Took Hwy 9 up to Hwy 35 to Alice, and drove back to 9 again to go to Scott's Valley. I use mode 1, the normal mode for this trip. The impression was remarkable, especially the ability of the stock suspension to soak up bumps at high speed. Before, although it was compliant, it was also a bit fuzzy/crashy. I felt the car almost glide over small bumps at high speed, but was stable without much body lean in corners. In fact, you could feel the outside stiffened up in corners, and it's the same while braking, the front end stiffened up under hard braking. On long sweepers I no longer feel the slight nervousness of the suspension as if the rear wants to come out, it is now rock solid and really inspire my confidence in the car.

Some time later I went to Sonoma Raceway to test it. Since it was damp in the morning, I drove with mode 1, and it handled quite well, compared to the stock PSAM's normal mode. After the track dried up, I noticed that at the esses from T7 to T9, the car's left-right transition felt a bit slower, so I switched to mode 2, and it decreases the transition delay. My confidence grew and I started to push a bit more, and at T4 I got the rear to rotate, but the feeling was smooth and progressive, and I fixed it by straightened my steering angle. Overall it feels like I have a completely new suspension.

I can't say how much time it has given me on the track because it was only my second time at Sonoma, and the first time was about 2 years ago and I was just starting to drive the car, so I am not driving the car to its limit yet, but still this has been one of the best mod I have ever done. No more 997.2 PSAM improvement envy for me.
matches my experience on Skyline also. +1
Old 05-03-2015, 10:45 AM
911TurboRules
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts
Default DSC on 911 turbo

I have a 2010 911 Turbo with the DSC. My car has the sports chrono with the PSS10 Bilstein Damptronic suspension. For me the ride on the street was harsh and bouncy in pasm base mode. In sport mode it was still bouncy but more harsh. I was worried this wasn't going to work out for the street or track.

I got the DSC about a month ago. Put on about 500 miles. Also put on 2 track days on it at Brainerd Intl Raceway. Comments on the street: nice, less bouncy, less harsh (still harsh but maybe feels more compliant). Before I could feel every expansion joint on the freeway. Now I can hear it plump plump over the expansion joints but I don't really feel it. So on the street I really like the more compliant ride. On the track in sport or sport plus mode (DSC gives you 3 suspension settings. Stock gives you two), I did not appreciate any bounciness. It felt very planted and compliant. In fact I did my personal best lap speed with this setup.

Worth the money for me and worked as advertised. I was going to take off the pss10s and put stock suspension back but this DSC made it tolerable on the street and pretty quick on the track with the pss10 suspension.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 948 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by 911TurboRules
I have a 2010 911 Turbo with the DSC. My car has the sports chrono with the PSS10 Bilstein Damptronic suspension. For me the ride on the street was harsh and bouncy in pasm base mode. In sport mode it was still bouncy but more harsh. I was worried this wasn't going to work out for the street or track.

I got the DSC about a month ago. Put on about 500 miles. Also put on 2 track days on it at Brainerd Intl Raceway. Comments on the street: nice, less bouncy, less harsh (still harsh but maybe feels more compliant). Before I could feel every expansion joint on the freeway. Now I can hear it plump plump over the expansion joints but I don't really feel it. So on the street I really like the more compliant ride. On the track in sport or sport plus mode (DSC gives you 3 suspension settings. Stock gives you two), I did not appreciate any bounciness. It felt very planted and compliant. In fact I did my personal best lap speed with this setup.

Worth the money for me and worked as advertised. I was going to take off the pss10s and put stock suspension back but this DSC made it tolerable on the street and pretty quick on the track with the pss10 suspension.
Thank you for your feedback.

If you want to further improve both the compliance and performance without buying different shocks, get rid of the Bilstein main/tender springs and replace them with a longer single spring from Swift Springs and proper top plates. Such a conversion will also improve steering precision by replacing the stock rubber upper mount with spherical ball bearing top plates. I can help source these parts if you are interested.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Quick Reply: DSC going in today...