Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche 997.2 GT3RS Complete Build w/ GMG Exhaust, Headers, Roll Bar, 130R Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:16 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Porsche 997.2 GT3RS Complete Build w/ GMG Exhaust, Headers, Roll Bar, 130R Wheels

Porsche 997.2 GT3RS Complete Build w/ GMG Exhaust, Headers, Roll Bar, 130R Wheels, Suspension, and Many More

GMG 997 GT3 GT3RS Exhaust Center Section Dual Tip

The GMG Porsche 997 GT3 Center Section is a direct bolt on replacement exhaust system. Handcrafted out of US Made T304 Stainless steel and meticulously TIG welded to aerospace specifications with greater precision, the system is lighter than the factory system and surpasses the factory piece in terms of quality and performance. Weighing in at 7 pounds, the GMG exhaust system is 30 percent lighter than the factory system and features a proprietary megaphone design to improve sound and performance throughout the entire rev range. The GMG center section increases approximately 3-5 hp on average and produces deep aggressive exhaust notes at lowers revs & exotic high pitched exhaust notes at higher revs. Our Center Section is 100% emissions legal and will not void the factory warranty. It's a complete bolt-on upgrade, utilizing factory exhaust bracket locations, which will bolt up to both the stock primary mufflers while retaining the factory sport exhaust option. Hit the Sport button and listen to the beautiful exhaust note.

Key Features

- Horsepower and torque increased throughout power band
- Produces deep aggressive, exhaust notes at lowers revs & exotic high pitched exhaust notes at higher revs, similar to the GT3 Cup and RSR
- US Made T304 stainless tubing
- Meticulously TIG welded throughout to aerospace specifications
- Proprietary megaphone design
- Brushed stainless finish
- Stainless hardware and clamps
- Sport button remains fully functional for everyday use
- 100% emissions legal - will not void warranty
- Direct bolt on replacement, no removal of bumper required
- Factory primary mufflers, catalyst, and exhaust flaps are all retained
- Direct bolt on replacement, no removal of bumper required
- Sport button remains fully functional for everyday use
- Hand built to Order with individually serialized laser etched badges

GMG Porsche 997 GT3 Sport Headers with High Flow Catalytic Converters

The GMG 997 GT3 headers features equal length runners, true 3 into 1 F1 style merge collectors, and German made HJS HD 200 cell metal matrix sport catalysts to improve the flow of exhaust gases. The catalysts are OBD2 compliant to ensure no CEL (Check Engine Light). Handcrafted out of US Made T304 Stainless steel, the system is meticulously TIG welded to aerospace specifications with great precision. CNC laser cut header flanges are used to reduce the warping problems due to heat. Our GMG 991 GT3 header system is complete bolt-on upgrade. The system will bolt up to the stock primary mufflers, and the factory sport exhaust option is retained.

Key Features:

- Improve the flow of exhaust gases to increase horsepower and torque throughout rev range
- Equal length runners
- True 3 into 1 F1 style merge collector
- German made high-flow 200 cell HJS HD catalytic converters
- US Made T304 stainless tubing throughout
- Meticulously TIG welded throughout to aerospace specifications
- CNC machined flanges to prevent warping
- Brushed stainless finish

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7366/13723702443_1d54d9159f_h.jpg[/img]

GMG Porsche 997 GT3 GT3RS Adjustable Sway Bar

The GMG Adjustable Sway Bar Kit for the Porsche 997 GT3RS helps reduce body roll and offers a wide range of adjustments to fine tune the vehicle handling characteristics.

Featuring hollow tube bars that are 5 adjustment points in the front and 3 in the rear, the GMG sway bars offers an increase in stiffness over the stock bars and a wide range of adjustability. The objective of a sway bar is to reduce body roll and stabilize a vehicle under lateral forces. Having adjustability permits the roll stiffness to be tuned by increasing or reducing the length of the lever arms for different situations without replacing the entire bar. To improve the responsiveness of the vehicle, polyurethane bushings are utilized instead of rubber because the rubber flexes, compresses, and stretches when put under stress.

The GMG adjustable sway bar kit is designed and manufactured by Eibach exclusively for GMG. Through the motorsports partnership, GMG developed lowering spring kits for high performance street applications using the data and knowledge gained over the years from professional racing in the ALMS and Pirelli World Challenge Series. The result is the improvement in the handling without costing thousands of dollars like the bladed racing versions that are used on race cars.

Sold as a complete kit, the GMG sway bar kit is a true bolt on upgrade that requires no modifications to your vehicle and works with the OEM sway bar drop links and dampers or any aftermarket damper such as JRZ or Ohlins.

Key Features

- Improves Handling and Reduces Body-Roll
- Increased Stiffness Over OEM Bars
- 5 Front and 3 Rear Adjustable Points to Fine Tune Handling Characteristics
- Urethane Bushings For Increased Responsiveness
- Precision Hi-Tensile Steel Alloy, Cold-Formed, Tempered and Shot-Peened for Long-Lasting Performance and Durability
- Forged Ends and OEM Style Pressed Bushing Locaters (No Welding Or Weak Points Here)
- Manufactured by Eibach to Proprietary GMG Specifications

GMG RSR Thrust Arms

The GMG RSR Thrust Arms are direct replacements for the factory arms, and it will precision caster adjustability and improve handling.
The adjusting link has a left and right hand thread on each end. Rotating the link will precisely increase or decrease the overall length of the arm. Spacers included for setting stock or anti-squat and anti-dive configurations.
A precision Teflon lined spherical rod end replaces the compliant factory rubber bushing for improved suspension response and feedback. The result is improved stability and control.

Our utilizes the highest quality links and hardware on the market. The links themselves are CNC machined out of 6061 aluminum and are anodized with our signature GMG Racing blue finish to protect against the elements. The rod ends & spherical bearings are made out of zinc plated low carbon steel and hard chrome plated steel.

GMG Porsche 996 997 Adjustable Thrust Arm Bushing Kit

The GMG Thrust Arm Bushing Kit replaces the flexible factory rubber thrust arm bushings to significantly improve handling and responsiveness of the vehicle. Stock rubber bushings compress under load, causing unwanted caster changes in both front and rear suspension under acceleration and deceleration. This allows the alignment to wander and makes the car less predictable. Our solid aluminum design eliminates compression to hold alignment settings precisely with minimal effect on road noise transmissions into the cabin. Compatible with all stock lower control arms, as well as adjustable GT3 and Porsche Motorsport Cup arms, each kit is sold as a set of 4 for both the front and rear arms.

[b]GMG Porsche 996 997 Bump & Toe Steer Kit [b]

The GMG bump & toe steer will give you the toe adjustment needed that is not available with stock links and minimize bump steer. This kit is highly recommended for vehicles that have been lowered with aftermarket lowering springs or a full coilover suspension kit.

In addition to adjusting toe, it will also allow you to correct bump steer. A car that bump-steers requires constant steering adjustment to maintain a steady trajectory over uneven surfaces. The result is an annoying steering wheel jerk whenever you go over any bumps in the road, and bump steer becomes more severe with lowered ride height.

The adjusting link has a left and right hand thread on each end. Rotating the link will increase or decrease the overall length of the arm. A precision Teflon lined spherical rod end replaces the compliant rubber factory bushing for improved suspension response and feedback, and also reduces toe changes during acceleration and deceleration. The result is improved stability and control.

GMG Porsche 996 997 Uper Control Arm Links Dog Bone Kit

The GMG Dog Bone Kit are a direct replacement for the factory rear upper control arm links to allow adjustment of track width and kinematic toe. Each adjusting link has a left and right hand thread on each end. Rotating the link will increase or decrease the overall length of the arm. In addition to added adjustability, precision Teflon lined spherical rod ends replace the compliant factory rubber bushings for improved suspension response and feedback

GMG Porsche 996 997 Transmission Mount

- Made of a high durameter urethane which limits the movement of the transmission during hard cornering or acceleration.

- Ideal for street cars used on the track or high horsepower street cars.

- Helps keep the transmission stable for crisp gear shifts

- Very street-able, does not make noise or transmit unwanted vibration into cabin like a solid mount would.

Numeric Shifter and Cup Car Cables

Numeric Racing state of the art ball bearing adjustable short throw shifter for Porsche is setting a new standard in the performance parts industry.This incredible piece includes a multi-adjustable shift lever for various shifters throws and adjustable cable monoblocks for optional lever placement. Its evolutionary structure is made from aerospace grade aluminum, reinforced with stainless steel hardware and equipped with precision ball bearings to assure undeniable accuracy.

There is no modification necessary when installing the Numeric Racing's ball bearing short throw shifter. It is a complete direct replacement totally eliminating the OEM housing fitting perfectly under the center console. This short throw shifter is built for an everyday daily driver or a fully race ready GT cup car and installs in just under an hour by a technician. It is a one of a kind design that gives you the ultimate precision shifting experience. There is absolutely no other like it on the market and comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.

GMG RSR Roll Bar

The GMG RSR Roll Bar features US Made 4130 Chrome-Moly Tubing that has been TIG welded and normalized for superior strength and rigidity. With its 2 piece design, the roll bar is mounted to the front seat belt mount and to the rear strut towers (stronger mounting point) whereas the factory Tequipment bar mounts only to the front and rear seatbelt mounts. This design does not only provide superior protection but it also stiffens the chassis, improving the responsiveness and handling of vehicle, and allows for ease of installation.

To accommodate taller drivers, the GMG RSR bolt-in rollbar also allows the seats to slide further back and offer more leg room. A common problem of the factory Tequipment/motorsport bar is that it requires the use of 1-piece fixed back GT3 style seats for improved leg room. For taller drivers, our GMG RSR Roll bar solves this problem.The GMG bolt-in rollbar is definitely a good investment for increased safety for spirited driving and weekend track events without sacrificing versatility.

Key Features

- Made of 4130 Chrome-Moly & Meticulously TIG welded and normalized at all joints

- Mounts to front seatbelt mount and rear strut towers for increased protection and chassis rigidity (factory bar mounts only to front and rear seatbelt mounts)

- Designed to work standard reclining seats, GT3 fixed back seats, or any aftermarket seats, offering drivers the ability to move the seat all the way back (Not possible with the factory Tequipment /Motorsport Roll bar)

- Offers the driver and passenger full movement of the seat for maximum leg room

- Can be used with stock seatbelts or 6 point harnesses for track use

- Designed to work with clip-in kit for harnesses (no need to drill holes in your floor to mount the harness anchors)

- Bar comes complete all hardware needed to install

- No drilling of car required (Factory bar requires drilling holes in floor and attaching plates)

- Finished in satin black powder coat - optional colors available

- Made to order with individually serialized laser etched plaques

- Professional installation is recommended and available at our facility

- Fits all 996 and 997 models including C2, C4, Turbo, GT2/RS, and GT3/RS (except Cabrio and Targa)

GMG 130R Centerlock Wheel

GMG forged monoblock wheels feature modern designs with scalloping built into the spokes for weight savings. Made in the USA from the highest quality US made 6061 T-6 aluminum forgings for exceptional strength, the GMG wheels are suitable for street and motorsports use with exceptional strength. Using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) computer simulation software, each application is tested to analyze the design under a simulated load to optimize strength and stiffness while minimizing mass. Each set of wheels will feature a custom finish with a standard color of your choice. Exquisite finishes such as brushed with color tinted clear coats or liquid paints are also available.

Features

- 6061-T6 Forged Aluminum
- Each application is tested using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) computer simulation software to optimize strength and minimize mass
- Back-pad lightening (pocketing) and scalloped spokes to reduce un-sprung mass & overall weight
- Suitable for road and track use
- Clear all BBK kits on the market
- Retain factory TPMS sensors
- Custom offsets available
- Available in a wide variety of colors and finishes

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed.

GMG products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific:

http://www.gmgracing.com/dealers/

For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@GMGRacing.com or Sales@GMGRacing.com

For more information about GMG products and services, please visit us at www.gmgracing.com and check out our image galleries:

GMG Exhaust Gallery:
/GMG Roll Bar Gallery:
/GMG Suspension Gallery:
/GMG Wheel Gallery:
/
-Jerry

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Are the headers throwing codes like everyone I know who has them is experiencing (including myself) ? I'm really not happy with how you guys take no responsibility for this. I have removed mine, and will have a hard time selling as a result.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Are the headers throwing codes like everyone I know who has them is experiencing (including myself) ? I'm really not happy with how you guys take no responsibility for this. I have removed mine, and will have a hard time selling as a result.
GMG has zero customer service. And will likely ignore your question.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:54 PM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
GMG has zero customer service. And will likely ignore your question.
I second that.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 AM
Rob2368
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree , still waiting for the answer on CF decklid.... LOL
Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 AM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been driving this GMG built car - https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...rial-23-a.html since October of 2012 with ZERO issues with any of the GMG hardware. Customer support and service are first rate.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:34 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Guys,

If you have any issues or concerns when dealing with anyone at GMG, please feel free to email me directly at James@gmgracing.com and I will be happy to address them.

Thanks,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

ShakeNBake,

Thank you for bringing this issue and your less than satisfactory experience to our attention. I would like to take this opportunity to personally take a further look into the issues that you were having. Since I personally do not recall handling your issue directly, please email us all the details and any past email correspondences to myself at Jerry@GMGRacing.com and/or to James at James@GMGRacing.com.

Also, we would like to take this opportunity to inform other Rennlist members about a few facts. We have installed many of these 997 GT3 header systems at GMG and through our dealer network worldwide over the past few years with very minimal problems.

Under normal operating conditions with everything functioning properly, the header system should not trigger the Check Engine Light. Some of the issues that a few customers such as Rennlist member ShakeNBake experienced can be attributed to many causes.

One of the causes can be that the catalytic converters failing prematurely. While we do our best to stand behind our products and provide an limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects (such as weld failures), but it does not cover wear items such as catalytic converters. To ensure optimum reliability and efficiency, we use the highest quality German made HJS catalytic converters but all catalytic converters have a finite lifespan that can be drastically shortened by extreme operating conditions such as motorsports use.

Without knowing all details about Rennlist member ShakeNBake's issues or operating condtions, we cannot make any conclusions at the moment.

Regards,

Jerry
Old 08-21-2014, 02:16 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts

Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Guys, it's not worth my time anymore. It's not the burden of the customer to prove anything but ask for help. I'm working through a local shop in austin and they said you were not interested in replacing the cats - and that's what they think is wrong. Happy to send it to you, but I'm not sinking any more money or time into them except bitching about your products in this forum.

Sharkwerks on the other hand has spent hours with me on the phone about a $100 part.

Last edited by ShakeNBake; 12-17-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

For as short a time as ShakeNBake has had his RS, I call total BS on cats having a finite life. The cat in his avatar has a finite life. 200 cell cats are going to throw a code on secondary o2 sensors whether the cats are new or 5 years old. Those high flow (low reaction conversion) cats require a tune to prevent a CEL. The light may not show up immediately, but it will show up. While these cars are driven hard on the track, the overall volumetric throughput shouldn't be any more than a street car on an average basis. FVD headers and cats look pretty damn close to GMG, and they told me straight up they would throw a code with no tune.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a summary of our warranty policy and here are some facts about our GMG Porsche 997 GT3/GT3RS headers:

“We offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty policy to the original purchaser against manufacturer's defects in materials and workmanship on a case by case basis. We will repair the original

product and ALL Warranty claims must be accompanied by an original sales receipt.

GMG recommends all installations to be performed by professionals. Any issues should be addressed prior to attempting to install product. ALL products returned for a warranty claim must be

returned to GMG prepaid shipping and any importation charges. Shipping warranty items back to clients are subject to additional shipping fess as well. This warranty applies to the item

only and does not include any other associated costs, such as labor.

No warranty will be valid if the defect was caused by abuse, negligence, mishandling, or improper installation. Be advised that automobile racing and other forms of motorsport are

dangerous and products are subject to accelerated wear and tear or failure when exposed to the high stress involved. Such use is not covered by any warranty expressed or implied. It also

does not cover wear items such as catalytic converters.”

GMG GT3 Catalytic Converters:

1. HJS Catalytic Converters are the best catalytic converters made. They are 100% stainless steel and 100% made in Germany.
-More information about HJS: http://www.hjs.com/aftermarket/faq/c...onverters.html
2. Majority of GT3/GT3RS vehicles with GMG cats have zero problems under normal operating conditions.
3. Extreme operating conditions such as motorsports use or improper fuel/air ratio accelerate wear and tear
4. Our 996 and 997 Turbo cats almost never fail after years of daily driving
5. O2 Sensor parameters on the GT3 are much more narrow. Unlike the Turbo and other vehicles, the slightest degradation of the cats can trigger the CEL
6. Software flash is highly recommended to widen the parameters of the O2 sensors

Guys, it's not worth my time anymore. It's not the burden of the customer to prove anything but ask for help. I'm working through Elite in austin and they said

you were not interested in replacing the cats - and that's what they think is wrong. Happy to send it to you, but I'm not sinking any more money or time into them except bitching about

your products in this forum. Sharkwerks on the other hand has spent hours with me on the phone about a $100 part.
ShakeNBake,

We are here to do our best to help our customers and those of our dealers but "bitching" about our products on this forum is not going to help resolve the problem. Instead, we would like

to help you if you can present us with the following information:

1. Invoice with Date of Purchase
2. Mileage on vehicle since the installation of the part
3. Detailed Description of Problem

Originally Posted by surlynkid
For as short a time as ShakeNBake has had his RS, I call total BS on cats having a finite life. The cat in his avatar has a finite life. 200 cell cats are going

to throw a code on secondary o2 sensors whether the cats are new or 5 years old. Those high flow (low reaction conversion) cats require a tune to prevent a CEL. The light may not show up

immediately, but it will show up. While these cars are driven hard on the track, the overall volumetric throughput shouldn't be any more than a street car on an average basis. FVD

headers and cats look pretty damn close to GMG, and they told me straight up they would throw a code with no tune.
Surelynkid,

The HJS 200 Cell high flow catalytic converters do not always trigger a check engine light. If that was true, then most of our customers would be having this problem since we have sold hundreds of these headers worldwide over the past few years. A few owners have experienced the Check Engine Light when there is a slight degradation of the cats because the parameters of the 02 sensor on the 997 GT3RS is very narrow compared to other models. If the cats are still good, one solution that we have is spacing the 02 sensors further from the cats to reduce the readings of the gases. In many cases, this resolves the problem. Flashing the ECU is also highly recommended as it would also solve this problem by changing the parameters of the 02 sensors.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:38 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know of a few also
Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 PM
9972RS
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

hmm, just remembered this... seems like they have "good" products, but poor customer service

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ck-wheels.html
Old 09-02-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

EPA mandates OEM's warranty their cats for 8 years or 80k miles. These Higher quality, top of the line units aren't held to at least a similar standard?

Quick Reply: Porsche 997.2 GT3RS Complete Build w/ GMG Exhaust, Headers, Roll Bar, 130R Wheels