Valve and lose connector? what they are? GT3 997 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Valve and lose connector? what they are? GT3 997 2007

Hi Porsche fans,

I am new here and just buy 2007 GT3 Porsche . Am newbie for here and ask your guys help now.

I have some time to look my Porsche Gt3 in weekend and find out some nice things but also not so nice ones.

1. Front box there is tools and my is empty. Is someone knows what kind of tools are there is new.Here is picture.

2. I find empty valve and connector was off in right of engine.
Do someone know what is it?

Am happy if someone could help me.
Thank you in advance.
Br,Juha P, new GT3 owner
Attached Images    
Old 08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Evolved Rs
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The connector is for the exhaust valves. Unplugged the valves remain open and sport mode is useless.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:40 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

In front tool box it's missing 2 long metal sticks that are used then u remove the wheel. U screw them in where 2 of the lug nuts where and it helps u slide the wheel on and off, esp for the rear so you don't hit it against the brake disc or have to support the weight yourself trying to line it up.

The unplugged connector is for the exhaust valves. When u unplug it keeps the valves open all the time. Essentially makes the exhaust louder. This is referred to as running the exhaust unplugged
Old 08-18-2014, 02:41 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Evolved Rs
The connector is for the exhaust valves. Unplugged the valves remain open and sport mode is useless.
Sport mode is not useless even if u run unplugged. Just means u don't have control of the valves. Sport mode also engages a sharper throttle response
Old 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bmwtye
In front tool box it's missing 2 long metal sticks that are used then u remove the wheel. U screw them in where 2 of the lug nuts where and it helps u slide the wheel on and off, esp for the rear so you don't hit it against the brake disc or have to support the weight yourself trying to line it up.

The unplugged connector is for the exhaust valves. When u unplug it keeps the valves open all the time. Essentially makes the exhaust louder. This is referred to as running the exhaust unplugged
Thank you for good and specific and fast reply.

Do someone knows where to buy this tools expect from Porsche

Ok,now i get it. Exhaust valves.
Do someone has picture or say where i can find these valves?
When i look valve. pipe is missing complete and I dont know where to put pipe there?

I notice that sport button not affect sounds when i was test drive but didnt know how much it should change. I make full report from Porsche and they say nothing about it :/
Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Old 08-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Great picture..yes I find them..
only thing what worries me is down pipe in this valve...is empty?
Is it always empty or is there come some pipe?from somewhere?

Yellow circle.

thank you so much..i promise thats is last question

br.juha
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like you need the owner's manuals.

Maybe these photos will help:

Also: The photos of tools has an item, added by me, to the left of the air pump and above the tire pressure gauge. It's a wheel lug socket with padded tape.
The black plastic item with arrows is a container with some cheap tools. Wrenches, screwdriver, etc. The credit card shaped item with an arrow is used to remove the front parking lights. You really aren't missing anything very useful unless you have PCCBs and want to protect them during wheel R&R with the two threaded aluminum rods that screw in when lug bolts are removed.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Fisher; 08-19-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Juha Pussinen
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by grizfish
Looks like you need the owner's manuals.

Maybe these photos will help:

Also: The photos of tools has an item, added by me, to the left of the air pump and above the tire pressure gauge. It's a wheel lug socket with padded tape.
The black plastic item with arrows is a container with some cheap tools. Wrenches, screwdriver, etc. The credit card shaped item with an arrow is used to remove the front parking lights. You really aren't missing anything very useful unless you have PCCBs and want to protect them during wheel R&R with the two threaded aluminum rods that screw in when lug bolts are removed.
Thank you very much..I got it now.. Tools have start finding somewhere internet..If someone has garage somehow ok quality tools am interested to buy them.

And sport button and exhaust..is working..and what suprice what quit car come..is like all normal car sound now ...test more later..now in biz trip..

thank you for you help a lot.

Br.Juha P,Porsche fan in Germany...Finnish
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 AM
GCP
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. New owner of a 997 GT3 in Aus. Have read the threads on disabling the connector which leaves the valves permanently open. Tried it on mine and it seems louder than just hitting the sport button, even at idle. Can anyone shed any light?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,895 Likes on 1,717 Posts

Plugged in the valves still open and close at certain rpms with the sport button on. Unplugging renders the valves useless, remaining open 24/7.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
runet
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Sport mode is not useless even if u run unplugged. Just means u don't have control of the valves. Sport mode also engages a sharper throttle response
Sport mode also loosens the Traction Control a little, nice to know if driving on a wet road.

Quick Reply: Valve and lose connector? what they are? GT3 997 2007