Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston
View Poll Results: Akrapovic or Sharkwerks?
Akrapovic
42.86%
Sharkwerks
57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Which headers do you guys think are better: Akrapovic or Sharkwerks/EVOMS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 AM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Supersprint
Although they look very nice, I dont think I will buy another set of headers for now..!! And the Supersprint you can only use with their cats and muffler I think?
Old 06-07-2014, 12:01 PM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Supersprint
I was told by super sprint you need to get the complete kit unless of course you make your own exhaust to march up to their headers.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 914 Posts

this is true
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
So about 25-26 rwhp peak gain with headers & tune ... nice.
a_Y, I say ditch the Akrap.

Ranger
Yup, rounded up to the next whole number its 25 rwhp on that dyno. Kick ***, did it improve the sound much - directed at O.P..

a_y

Iam having akra side muffler delete pipes on order now. When they arrive, I will swap to sharkwerks headers/cats + akrapovic sports cup (side deletes + muffler). Will also look into atune...
I would say a tune would be mandatory with so many modifications. That if it hasn't been done injector cleaner and a clean-up of the throttle body.

How much more does the Akrapovc cost than the Sharkwerks solution. And I imagine it weighs less too!

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 06-07-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:57 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Yup, rounded up to the next whole number its 25 rwhp on that dyno. Kick ***, did it improve the sound much - directed at O.P..

I would say a tune would be mandatory with so many modifications. That if it hasn't been done injector cleaner and a clean-up of the throttle body.

How much more does the Akrapovc cost than the Sharkwerks solution. And I imagine it weighs less too!
From a sound perspective, there is ZERO drone. This thing is track exhaust loud when WOT, yet bypass quiet when just cruising around. The best way to describe it is imagine being able to turn the volume up on the bypass. At WOT, the sound is a very clean wale, much cleaner sounding than the track exhaust which i thought was a little muddy. You can hear the header/bypass setup here

Old 06-08-2014, 04:41 AM
a_Y
Racer

Originally Posted by bmwtye
From a sound perspective, there is ZERO drone. This thing is track exhaust loud when WOT, yet bypass quiet when just cruising around. The best way to describe it is imagine being able to turn the volume up on the bypass. At WOT, the sound is a very clean wale, much cleaner sounding than the track exhaust which i thought was a little muddy. You can hear the header/bypass setup here
Only thing is I don't like how quiet it is when the valves are closed. I have now unplugged the valve and sound is much better. It's just that if I unplug it, the might as well get rid of the heavy side mufflers... Will see how "sharky headers/cats + akra sports cup" sound compared to now (sharky headers/cats + oem side mufflers + sharky bypass) when my akra side pipes arrive in... 6 weeks
Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

I have run it unplugged from day 1 and am very happy with it. Its nice though to have the option to utilize the side mufflers if doing a very long road trip.

But if you dont want the side mufflers and want it loud, why spend the money on the Akra stuff when you could just get the side bypass pipes and M&M muffler. Or, just get side muffler bypass pipes like these and use your sharky rear bypass

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...rBypass1JB.jpg
Old 06-09-2014, 03:10 PM
a_Y
Racer

Originally Posted by bmwtye
I have run it unplugged from day 1 and am very happy with it. Its nice though to have the option to utilize the side mufflers if doing a very long road trip.

But if you dont want the side mufflers and want it loud, why spend the money on the Akra stuff when you could just get the side bypass pipes and M&M muffler. Or, just get side muffler bypass pipes like these and use your sharky rear bypass

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...rBypass1JB.jpg
Running it unplugged now but since it's unplugged, I don't see the point in carrying the extra weight anymore...

I have the akra rear muffler already but missing the side deletes.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:58 PM
kumar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

bump for Sharky headers

anyone install these on a 3.8 yet?

I know they'll sound great but wondering if the power gains are repeatable.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:24 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Update. I installed the carnewal remote valve control so now I can just use the remote to have the valves open all the time or closed all the time Independent of the sport button. IMO was a very nice additional as I liked running unplugged all te time though there were times I wish I could quiet it down when coming home late at night or when using hands free taking a call.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell Akra

Quick Reply: Which headers do you guys think are better: Akrapovic or Sharkwerks/EVOMS?