Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
As always mate was fun to see you too!

Oh and next time we see you it'll be in a:
You're killing me!

Originally Posted by VID997
Sounds like I missed a good time!
VID I needed some TT support I was overwhelmed and now thinking about changing direction(s) !!!!!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:54 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
You're killing me!

VID I needed some TT support I was overwhelmed and now thinking about changing direction(s) !!!!!
Or...
Old 11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jbigelow
Don't think I got to meet ya F1CrazyDriver since there were sooooo many people there, but I did see the bike on the GT3..... Fantastic, a true dual use car!!!!! Luv it!!!!!
Thank you. Yes I had just came back from getting my *** kicked by mooty ... i went to the car for a bit to sit down and try to get back to normal... i saw you.. i checked out your car! VERY NICE!! I was thinking of laying down on your wing and taking a nap on it... making it my personal hammock

Sweet car you have sir!!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Thank you. Yes I had just came back from getting my *** kicked by mooty ... i went to the car for a bit to sit down and try to get back to normal... i saw you.. i checked out your car! VERY NICE!! I was thinking of laying down on your wing and taking a nap on it... making it my personal hammock

Sweet car you have sir!!
BTW you were the talk of the town... You sir are a star with a reasonably priced bike on the roof of your GT3. Legend:P
Old 11-04-2013, 03:46 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by sharkster
BTW you were the talk of the town... You sir are a star with a reasonably priced bike on the roof of your GT3. Legend:P
Thank you... well i tent to use every bit of the car as much as possible in all my cars...

Thinking of getting this Kayak on the gt3 when spring rolls around to take it up Montona for some fun outdoor adventures

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/789...Fe1aMgodNV0Anw
Old 11-04-2013, 08:06 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Pictures

Dan opens up the shop and he's even wearing one of those rare items called a "SharkWerks" t-shirt. They don't exist but he's got one:

Two 3.9s, a special Ruf RGT, some weird blue/orange RS and a track-heavy 997.2S are left-overs from the werk week.

Do you think they clash a bit?:

A closer look:

Move along nothing to see here:

Inside for the cars, maybe?

Hmm a line is forming. Strange because the Krispy Kreme is in the kitchen and not here:

There you go that's what the line was about. Cars and coffee is for normal car buffs. GT3'ers prefer traditional family-owned and recipes passed on Boulangeries from the early 1900s.

We wish there was a way to electronically transmit the smells and tastes of this spread so wonderfully hand-crafted by ARSICAULT (Armando). There's Brioche and then there's the real deal right here and soon opening up in San Fran:

There he is! Armando had some serious fun in his orange pumpkin RS and if we all eat some the goodies above (which we will) then he's on his way to a 918:

Even Armando's current delivery vehicle is a Cayenne TT:

The original one is of course antique and circa 1906 but here we have the ARSICAULT delivery vehicle. We hope to see it in person next time:

Eating, chatting...

Hmm there's a weird red car in the distance:

What it's all about. Get them started early:

Boys with toys:

Toys for boys:

Our EVOMSit friends are everywhere:

And to the derriere!

And then there were more:

There's 36 flavors:

Other side of the building:

Coming and going:

More folks showing up. Got wings? Caymans have wings too!

Got Sharkwerks? Got Werks1 Diffuser:

Everywhere you look:

In front you'll notice a real Audi Quattro. Well Francis has a shark-a-fied 997GT3 but since it's got fresh rubber and over 3 degrees of camber the Quattro will do nicely thank you:

Other than Nakai-San this was the coolest dude in town:

You asking about my bike or options?

Pay your respects...

Probably the fastest car there. Nope not a GT3 just an EVOMS GT700 996TT Black Mamabo:

This one's clearly never been tracked:

Some people are outside... a special guest has shown up:

There's a few cars here just your ordinary RS 4.0, orange RS and some more GT3s:

Maybe this is a clue:

Let's take a closer look inside John's RWB slick RS:
Old 11-04-2013, 08:07 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is as hollywood as it gets in our world. The real-deal Mooty and his 4.0, Jbigelow's RWB 3.8 (at least for now) and in the middle Mr RWB:

Passionate man. So passionate and hard working (the cool dude on the left not the shark man on the right). Nakai-San of Rauh Welt (RWB) fame drops in to check out how things look in the GT3 water-cooled scene:

We are going to be keeping a very close eye on this one:

Continuing to chat about a shark-a-fied 991 with TechArt trimmings:

Back inside. Green means green:

Reserving a spot for Armando's 918:

We don't know how many Apple folks we have here with Porsches but it's obviously a lot:

GT3 Rush hour in Fremont:

Freeway:

6-wide:

Francis leading the way:

Fancy a walk?

In front:

And behind:

This is what a GT3 traffic jam looks like in Half Moon Bay:

And finally at Alice's:

From everyone here at SharkWerks we would like to thank each and every one of you for just brightening up our Saturday. Long live the 6 speed GT3! We will not go quietly into the night!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ALEX:

Okay, I definitely missed out on a seriously good time! You definitely could have used a few more TT's in the lineup.

ENRIQUE:

Congratulations on your new GT3!!!! Hope to see you on track again soon!

ET:

Don't be fooled and get sucked into the masses. Look you were one of few vs one of many in attendance. Alex would just love a fresh TT to transform into an RS slayer. I'm sure he is more then capable of doing so and would love to add a new track attack "White Shark" to his many accomplishments!!!

Plus its a lot a fun being a gazelle dressed up as a fat pig that's not expected to be anything other than a bench warmer! I love my "Street Sleeper" TT!!!

ALEX:

OR....you could transform ET's TT into this and prove you really don't need a GT or RS....

Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

That does it. I am buying another GT3 and moving out of Wisconsin.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:40 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

VID... thanks.

As for GT3, its not about going FASTER. For sure my 996t was faster, no question in my mind. It is the finesse of being 100% perfect to get 100% out of the car....and when your doing it perfect it truly shows for those who know what to look for.

My first drive with her this past weekend after getting tint removed...cat and mouse with a 2012 700 whp GTR track prep was fun...

Even doing my first shakedown session with this car, i noticed several areas where i can improve as a driver. Its like karting. it shows you were you can improve.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^ Blue GTR, Owner WP?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
medpilot105
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sigh... What a cool event. Missed being there. I love all the different flavors of GT3's! And, Nakai-San!?! Nice pull!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again…. Awesome time!!!!!!!

The best part of these meets and drives is the great relationships and bonds we acquire…… We all have beautiful machines, but in the end its all metal.

Thanx for posting all the extra pix Alex!!!! Good memories.

Was glad to see that my friend Nakai-San was able to come by the Sharkwerks facility at a last minute invitation even though he was building cars for SEMA. He had a great time meeting Alex and crew of Sharkwerks and meet a lot of his fans. He truly loves his fans!!!!!!

I shared this email with Alex already and just wanted to share this with you all

Old 11-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,105 Posts

What a fantastic set of pics, looks like an amazing time!

Socal people we need to get something rolling down here...
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 PM
ArcticGT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great writeup Alex :-) I wanted to post a picture of what I rushed home to finish, instead of joining the caravan to Alice's, but RL tells me that pic exceeds the RL quota by 63GB! Let me know when you next event is!

Armando

Quick Reply: Alice's