Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Alice's

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 354 Likes on 214 Posts

Great meet and nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

Checking it out from the East Coast...
Old 11-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Slowandsteady
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn! Missed an epic event.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
entityx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I missed out on an epic get together! Hopefully Shark Werks will be kind enough to host another event in the near future

Can't wait to see how that RWB RS turns out, love those guys and what they do with their cars

Kas
Old 11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowandsteady
Originally Posted by entityx
Looks like I missed out on an epic get together! Hopefully Shark Werks will be kind enough to host another event in the near future

Can't wait to see how that RWB RS turns out, love those guys and what they do with their cars

Kas
Missed ya both at the meet and drive to Alice's…….

Just to clear things up, there is NO 997 RWB yet in the works as of yet, but he is always contemplating about it.

There is a one off RAUH-Welt 996, but that is all for a modified water-cooled 911.

Ive been fortunate and honored to know Nakai-San and a lot of the RWB crew and they have taken me in as family. And Im soooo glad I was able to persuade him and come by from his busy schedule to see Sharkwerks and see some of his fans. Sorry you weren't able to meet him…… definitely a next time. I hope you get to meet him because Nakai totally loves his fans!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:39 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by jbigelow
Missed ya both at the meet and drive to Alice's……. Just to clear things up, there is NO 997 RWB yet in the works as of yet, but he is always contemplating about it. There is a one off RAUH-Welt 996, but that is all for a modified water-cooled 911. Ive been fortunate and honored to know Nakai-San and a lot of the RWB crew and they have taken me in as family. And Im soooo glad I was able to persuade him and come by from his busy schedule to see Sharkwerks and see some of his fans. Sorry you weren't able to meet him…… definitely a next time. I hope you get to meet him because Nakai totally loves his fans!!!!
No 997 rwb yet, famous last words. Just like I tried to get secret info from Alex the last year about a special project.....

I saw Nakai visually measuring your car to fit 18x13 fronts and 18x 15 rears
Old 11-05-2013, 02:46 PM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 94 Posts

Those are some awesome pics! I need to move to CA...this must be one of the biggest GT3 gatherings yet. I was at hershey this april for the porsche meet and there were only about a handful of gt3/rs' and that was out of 300-500 porsches that day.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:11 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Originally Posted by bmwtye
No 997 rwb yet, famous last words. Just like I tried to get secret info from Alex the last year about a special project.....

I saw Nakai visually measuring your car to fit 18x13 fronts and 18x 15 rears
HAHAHA!!!!!

Alex always has something up his sleeve…… but its always for the better.

As for Nakai-San, his mind is always working…..

Old 11-05-2013, 03:12 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Originally Posted by widers911
Those are some awesome pics! I need to move to CA...this must be one of the biggest GT3 gatherings yet. I was at hershey this april for the porsche meet and there were only about a handful of gt3/rs' and that was out of 300-500 porsches that day.
C'mon over…… the more the merrier!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

HAHAHA!!!!! Alex always has something up his sleeve…… but its always for the better. As for Nakai-San, his mind is always working…..
Yup which means by the next meetup we will see your secret unveiled
Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

H[/URL]
Oh oh this picture makes me

eeny meeny miny moe!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Thank you everyone for coming out, it was a very fun way to spend our Saturday! Thanks again Armando for bringing all those home baked goodies, I loved the bread and square treats the best I was getting tired from the traffic on highway 1 but that tunnel made it worth it, epic sound from the 3.9L in there Sorry for kicking rocks up near 84, lol
What would be awesome is if we get the whole caravan in the tunnel and do a simultaneous rev. We'd probably send a shockwave through the hills. We could have someone at the end of the tunnel filming as all the sharks are emerging to attack
Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 PM
jbigelow
Pro

HAHAHA!!!!! Alex always has something up his sleeve…… but its always for the better. As for Nakai-San, his mind is always working…..
Yup which means by the next meetup we will see your secret unveiled
C'mon Tye, I'm an open book..... I always document what I will do before any install mod...... The proof of the puddin is in the eating..... Just like my build thread

Originally Posted by sharkster
H[/URL]
Oh oh this picture makes me

eeny meeny miny moe!
Yeah Alex, it was a great shot
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Thank you everyone for coming out, it was a very fun way to spend our Saturday! Thanks again Armando for bringing all those home baked goodies, I loved the bread and square treats the best I was getting tired from the traffic on highway 1 but that tunnel made it worth it, epic sound from the 3.9L in there Sorry for kicking rocks up near 84, lol
What would be awesome is if we get the whole caravan in the tunnel and do a simultaneous rev. We'd probably send a shockwave through the hills. We could have someone at the end of the tunnel filming as all the sharks are emerging to attack
Blitzkrieg!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

thank YOU man. Without getting all EMO on here you're a big part of what got my brain ticking as far as modifying cars and going faster and faster way back when.

Originally Posted by VID997
Sounds like I missed a good time!
Yes you did but it's ok you were at the track

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Thank you... well i tent to use every bit of the car as much as possible in all my cars...
Yes you do

Originally Posted by tasman
That does it. I am buying another GT3 and moving out of Wisconsin.
Hehe do it Your football teams are of course better...

Originally Posted by medpilot105
Sigh... What a cool event. Missed being there. I love all the different flavors of GT3's! And, Nakai-San!?! Nice pull!
Aye next time mate!

Again…. Awesome time!!!!!!!

The best part of these meets and drives is the great relationships and bonds we acquire…… We all have beautiful machines, but in the end its all metal.

Thanx for posting all the extra pix Alex!!!! Good memories.

Was glad to see that my friend Nakai-San was able to come by the Sharkwerks facility at a last minute invitation even though he was building cars for SEMA. He had a great time meeting Alex and crew of Sharkwerks and meet a lot of his fans. He truly loves his fans!!!!!!

I shared this email with Alex already and just wanted to share this with you all

Whoa humbled man:P Yes indeed it was so neat and none of us even knew! You surprised the heck out of everyone. Thanks for everything you do/show on here for the community and indeed you were the star of the day in more ways than one. I'll send you some more thank you notes shortly.

There's more to come from your car I know it:P

Originally Posted by Spyerx
What a fantastic set of pics, looks like an amazing time!

Socal people we need to get something rolling down here...
Aye.. or we'll make a lot of noise coming down if you don't!

Originally Posted by ArcticGT3
Great writeup Alex :-) I wanted to post a picture of what I rushed home to finish, instead of joining the caravan to Alice's, but RL tells me that pic exceeds the RL quota by 63GB! Let me know when you next event is!

Armando
Haha... thank you again sir. Really you have a hit on your hands for many decades so SF is going to be very lucky indeed. I'm coming for day 1 so don't forget us little guys. And we have your parking spot here for the 918....

Originally Posted by neanicu
Great meet and nice photos! Thanks for sharing!

Checking it out from the East Coast...
Well it was a rennlist thing so all of ya are in on it

Originally Posted by Slowandsteady
You have a date with a certain test drive when you do get here lol!

Originally Posted by entityx

Kas
No worries Kas we'll have to do this again sometime eh...

Originally Posted by widers911
Yep I think we did get a few GT3s all together. What's crazy was it was on a few days notice... So many other folks couldn't even make it I think the next one we'll try to give people at least 6 days notice eh?

Now you're talking. That would be something spesh...
Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

C'mon Tye, I'm an open book..... I always document what I will do before any install mod...... The proof of the puddin is in the eating..... Just like my build thread
then apparently you have some explaining to do and need to update your build thread
Attached Images  

Last edited by bmwtye; 11-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Alice's