Gulf Blue.....I seem to like it

And gold wheels are a must
I dig this combo.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:35 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
TO OP, have you actually driven a singer? What were your impressions with handling and power delivery?

I personally would want something like ZR1 type power delivery (torque/horses low down baby)
I've never driven the singer. But I think my last 5 cars I have purchased were all sight unseen, and they did not disappoint: '11 GT3RS, 458, CarreraGT, 458 Spider. Basically I have total confidence the dynamics will be just as great as the rest of the package and exceed my expectations.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeriousB
I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to drive one earlier this year. I can have a long discussion about the dynamics of the car.

I can't imagine your anticipation.

I suspect you found my recent film and old story:

Interested to hear your thoughts on the above, superquant.
Yes I did enjoy watching your review and it was very informative and further added to my confidence that the dynamics will be great. You were fortunate to drive the car. Obviously appreciate any comments you may have around the seat of the pants experience that is delivered. My expectation is a 'balanced' experience. Is this how you would describe it? How would you compare it to a 991 C4S (which I DD).

I can live vicariously in that way.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

like i said, the 70's RS colors or a color from a 356.

Man, the more i look at a Singer the more i want one.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by superquant
I dig this combo.
Me too....my car gets a lot of attention at races....and they don't even notice it is seven different shades of gulf blue lol
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM
SeriousB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superquant
Yes I did enjoy watching your review and it was very informative and further added to my confidence that the dynamics will be great. You were fortunate to drive the car. Obviously appreciate any comments you may have around the seat of the pants experience that is delivered. My expectation is a 'balanced' experience. Is this how you would describe it? How would you compare it to a 991 C4S (which I DD).

I can live vicariously in that way.
You'll be living a dream come the new year with one of these machines in your garage.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I am ridiculously fortunate. I have not driven a finer car (and I've driven almost everything you can imagine).

I've spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel of 991 C4Ss and, off the top, the 911 by Singer feels like it has half the mass of a 991. It's refreshingly simple, exceptionally responsive, and it will be specified to your taste. I don't think you can ask for more.

Perhaps the best way to articulate the nature of the car is how I phrased it in the video - honed. Everything - and I truly mean everything - you touch in the car has the feeling of a very high quality piece, beyond however the car or the individual part left the factory.

The steering and chassis feedback are an order of magnitude greater than the best factory 911s I've driven and I think that's it's real magic. With that feedback, its inherent precision, and the balance of the chassis, you have huge confidence in your ability to place the car on the road. By that I mean, if you choose, you can drive it up to and on its limits, with ultimate confidence that the car will tell you precisely what it's doing and what it needs. The sound is magnificent.

On this subject, I'd be normally reluctant to offer any recommendations, but I feel strongly about this. Do spec your car with the Ohlins dampers. I've driven all sorts of KWs and Ohlins in different applications and I think the Ohlins are markedly superior.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeriousB
You'll be living a dream come the new year with one of these machines in your garage.

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I am ridiculously fortunate. I have not driven a finer car (and I've driven almost everything you can imagine).

I've spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel of 991 C4Ss and, off the top, the 911 by Singer feels like it has half the mass of a 991. It's refreshingly simple, exceptionally responsive, and it will be specified to your taste. I don't think you can ask for more.

Perhaps the best way to articulate the nature of the car is how I phrased it in the video - honed. Everything - and I truly mean everything - you touch in the car has the feeling of a very high quality piece, beyond however the car or the individual part left the factory.

The steering and chassis feedback are an order of magnitude greater than the best factory 911s I've driven and I think that's it's real magic. With that feedback, its inherent precision, and the balance of the chassis, you have huge confidence in your ability to place the car on the road. By that I mean, if you choose, you can drive it up to and on its limits, with ultimate confidence that the car will tell you precisely what it's doing and what it needs. The sound is magnificent.

On this subject, I'd be normally reluctant to offer any recommendations, but I feel strongly about this. Do spec your car with the Ohlins dampers. I've driven all sorts of KWs and Ohlins in different applications and I think the Ohlins are markedly superior.
The Ohlins seem to be the play, i got similar feedback from another associate of mine that was familiar with the KW vs Ohlin feel.

The rest of your description is just lusciously appealing. How sweet ..
Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Antonov
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm 100% with WSH with regard to colors. CGT, and Singer are on the very top of my short list. Would love to see one of these beauties around the NorthEast.

cheeRS-
Old 08-15-2013, 12:56 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed! Love their work. I too inquired about there cars but I don't think I am financially there just yet.

Enjoy the process and the car. It will be one awesome journey. Can't wait to see it.

Last edited by Rovman; 08-15-2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: SP
Old 08-16-2013, 08:02 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Singer showed their new 'Dubai' car at Monterey .. Gulf Blue (they call it singer racing blue). I actually did not love it as much as i thought I would.

More pictures here

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/15/s...monterey-2013/
Attached Images   
Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

Dolphin Grey would be an excellent choice. Elegant and stealthy enough to evade officer friendly.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You were at the jet center today?

I think that "bonk me blue" one is their best finished example yet -- of the couple I've seen. It sports some really detailed "too far over the top" finish work and bespoke craftsmanship. Just right. I think those photos "bleach" or fade the blue a little. The orange cabin is eye popping, bordering on revolting, but I think that's the idea of a show car -- no half measures. I give this car two thumbs enthusiastically up.

It's only Friday and this has already been the most egregious overdose of early 911's and Porsches from 918 (in some motley, dreary grey) to the first 911 ever to win a road race, in its original black, and everything in-between. Having seen sea after sea of marvelous 911's, it really has gotten to the point of answering my daughters questions in a drone of data regurgitation. Who knows what's true and what's distorted beyond recognition after years of retelling around the camp fire.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

CGT, did you get my email ? I had some IT problems but think they went out.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:20 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
You were at the jet center today?

I think that "bonk me blue" one is their best finished example yet -- of the couple I've seen. It sports some really detailed "too far over the top" finish work and bespoke craftsmanship. Just right. I think those photos "bleach" or fade the blue a little. The orange cabin is eye popping, bordering on revolting, but I think that's the idea of a show car -- no half measures. I give this car two thumbs enthusiastically up.

It's only Friday and this has already been the most egregious overdose of early 911's and Porsches from 918 (in some motley, dreary grey) to the first 911 ever to win a road race, in its original black, and everything in-between. Having seen sea after sea of marvelous 911's, it really has gotten to the point of answering my daughters questions in a drone of data regurgitation. Who knows what's true and what's distorted beyond recognition after years of retelling around the camp fire.
No these pictures are from autoblog article I found. I could not make it alas .. also trying to conserve coin flow for the upcoming milestone payments.

I appreciate the on the field reconnaissance of the dubai car. Really happy to hear about the finish quality. I believe Rob and his team have hit the tipping point and have this process down square. Additional perfecting will be done. My build is actually 9-10 more cars ahead! They have signed up a lot of new orders in these last few months. So by the time my build comes up next year I imagine these cars will be insanely polished product.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Polesitter
CGT, did you get my email ? I had some IT problems but think they went out.
Polesitter I have not .. please PM me

Quick Reply: My Singer 911 2014 Restoration