Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

07 GT3 Purchase...do you know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine knowing the 2.1 PCM would turn on intermittently. I was offered to have it swapped with a used working unit found by my indy shop on craig's list or other source. In the end I used a 300 credit by the seller to buy an Kenwood aftermarket head unit that had backup camera capability along with iPod/pandora/dvd.
Wanted backup camera to help backup into paddock space wearing helmet and Hans device. Mezger engine sounds great but I liked having options.

If the radio is the ONLY issue I wouldn't hesitate much at all if you want a GT3 that has a good PPI and the color that you want. My 0.02c
Old 07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 1,107 Posts

This is a valid point. You're buying the seller too, since even with a PPI they will never spot every issue that may be under the covers. When I got my RS I knew it wasn't perfect, but the seller was very up front about all the known niggles (all minor) and as I've ripped the car apart to do 'stuff' to it I've yet to find any surprises (like body work, crappy mod work, etc).

My take on it would be if the radio was the only issue, it wouldn't stop me from moving forward. But if you're getting weird vibes about the seller... maybe it is worth walking. I'd still go check it out since you have the ticket, sometimes when you have $ in hand that can change someones mind.... Good luck.

Originally Posted by OpieT
I felt the same way about the seller. Thought maybe there was more to the fact the seller wouldn't fix the radio as if maybe he had a better offer. I find it utterly absurd not to offer to repair or negotiate some cost concession.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM
bzliteyear
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on seller vibes...i think you're avoiding a future headache.

btw, when i bot my C4S, the owner agreed to lower price to compensate for what was found on the PPI for ims/rms/clutch. if he HAD acknowledged those items PRIOR to the PPI, i could see why he wouldn't lower the price. however, since the car was represented a certain way, anything that wasn't disclosed should be factored in for the final price. otherwise, the seller should say here's my price and it's "AS IS" so people can know before spending $200+ on PPI.

Patrick
Old 07-24-2013, 07:59 PM
OpieT
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10-4, thanks all. Heading north Friday to inspect another potential vehicle. Greatly appreciate all the input.

Quick Reply: 07 GT3 Purchase...do you know this car?