Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Laguna at 105db - what can I get away with?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
If you can rally the volunteer workers, set up a 501c3 or 501c4 and there's plenty of people in silicon valley willing to write a deductible check in december and retain some track junkie litigators to get those faaking housewives to go on prescription drugs and realize they bought their McMansion next to a historic race track that was there decades before they decided on a career path of sucking gray haired ***** and married their sugar daddy.
LMAO

That's a good one

not sure it's the rich house wives that initiate the sound limitation. Honestly, I can't hear ANY race car noise once I leave Laguna Seca main gate during recent ALMS race. Apparently there are some small interest group like the one mention above that are making a stink and I wonder who else ...

Last edited by mikymu; 05-16-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

GT3s and any cars with seriuos power meeting 100DB is really tough with a FreeFlow exhaust. Stock Ferrari F430 and 430 Scuderias have exhaust valves that OPEN up when you play with the Mannetino........these cars will pin the sound meter stock. Sound geart but 90BD like Lime Rock Park and anyone will get busted with a stock late model Ferrari 430, 458, F12, 599.

Same deal with 997 GT3 and valves that Open and close depensing on heavy throttle application and BUTTONS on dash boards and Happy Gung-Ho drivers.

Its a crying shame. Calaboggie in Canada is draconian too...........what the hell do we do Long Term race electric cars.

Never been to LS and or California race tracks...........aswesome weather, predictable sunshine.........great food & red wine..............what wrong with a WOT sports car with a happy driver!

GT3 pictures and data very soon. Fabspeed open house this Sunday 11 to 2PM
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 05-16-2013, 08:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
A friends solution.
that alone will not work on any 7GT3's. i tried many times.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
GT3s and any cars with seriuos power meeting 100DB is really tough with a FreeFlow exhaust. Stock Ferrari F430 and 430 Scuderias have exhaust valves that OPEN up when you play with the Mannetino........these cars will pin the sound meter stock. Sound geart but 90BD like Lime Rock Park and anyone will get busted with a stock late model Ferrari 430, 458, F12, 599.

Same deal with 997 GT3 and valves that Open and close depensing on heavy throttle application and BUTTONS on dash boards and Happy Gung-Ho drivers.

Its a crying shame. Calaboggie in Canada is draconian too...........what the hell do we do Long Term race electric cars.

Never been to LS and or California race tracks...........aswesome weather, predictable sunshine.........great food & red wine..............what wrong with a WOT sports car with a happy driver!

GT3 pictures and data very soon. Fabspeed open house this Sunday 11 to 2PM
electric cars maybe exciting 10-20 years down the road. 103-105 db on race track is totally acceptable and anything less is just ridiculous. There will always be people going to Laguna Seca and Lime Rock but those in the know will stay away once we get out taste of the track ... there are many other good track around to spend our money without absurd sound limit
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
that alone will not work on any 7GT3's. i tried many times.
That explains why Sharkwerks doesn't sell them anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Laguna at 105db - what can I get away with?