Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

DE Cup at Barber Last Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok..... I have to actually get some work done today. Emails are piling up. Too much fun. Good to see some excitement on rennlist finally. **** talking with Peter never gets old!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,646 Likes on 764 Posts

QUOTE=Veloce Raptor;10414718]Good. 'Cause you're both slow. [/QUOTE]

LOL, nobody on these pages is getting paid to race. We should be lucky some DE and other low level drovers suckers pay us to instruct. Or in your case pay you to coach.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Ok..... I have to actually get some work done today. Emails are piling up. Too much fun. Good to see some excitement on rennlist finally. **** talking with Peter never gets old!
I figured you were busy, you can do better
I've posted all this **** while on an eye wateringly boring video conference presentation.
I'm going into another conference call now, you'd feel sorry for me if you see my recent work days. At least I earned a few 4.0's YTD.

Too bad, busy like hell tomorrow as well, but ASAP I'm digging up that 996 Supercharged banana yellow 996 CABRIO Thunder chicken of yours and we can turn this "look how fast I am at Barber, sneakily using slicks" into a 50 page train wreck. 7 pages is pathetic, you are right TCN is losing it mojo.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I found a new hobby for Rad after he tires of autocrossing

Nurburgring
997.1 GT3: 7:43
Fiat: 7:39
987.1 Cayman S: 8:25 (42 secs slower than a stock 997.1 GT3)

Laguna Seca:
997.1 GT3: 1:39.57
987.1 Cayman S: 1:47.58 (8 secs apart)

At Sebring a bone stock 997.1 Aero Beetle should be at least 11 seconds faster than my Moving Chicane S. Yours, with all the cheater parts should be at least 14 secs faster.

Sebring:
DD 997.1 GT3 on MPSS: 2:30
Moving Chicane S on skinny old R6: 2:28

BumbleeBee is faster than my Fiat at Sebring, you just don't have the skills to prove it.

Avoid an old 911, because you can't drive no-ABS, no Power Steering.

Juan, John, Teo, Eddie, Trakcar, Izzone, myself are getting antiques, so you'll never see a podium.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know Rad, with some cooler weather, and DD's improvement rate, your 2:16's might be toast. At least it looks to be headed that way.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

At least the 964 won't need a few cool down laps every 4 laps..
Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

DD is feeling good and on fire! Haha
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 AM
wanna911
Race Car

+1 DD came fully loaded.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wanna911
+1 DD came fully loaded.
He's just dragging vintage footage into the comparo.
I have pictures of DD driving the hairdressers car of choice for Sebring with flair, but that's going too far.

Here is Youtube of rumble chicken driving a GT3 slower than 2:30
Old 04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I figured you were busy, you can do better
I've posted all this **** while on an eye wateringly boring video conference presentation.
I'm going into another conference call now, you'd feel sorry for me if you see my recent work days. At least I earned a few 4.0's YTD.

Too bad, busy like hell tomorrow as well, but ASAP I'm digging up that 996 Supercharged banana yellow 996 CABRIO Thunder chicken of yours and we can turn this "look how fast I am at Barber, sneakily using slicks" into a 50 page train wreck. 7 pages is pathetic, you are right TCN is losing it mojo.
Quit whining Peter. You're starting to sound you're on your period. I feel like I should offer you a midol. You know I wasn't on slicks. We've already discussed this ad nauseum. You spoke to Grady. Do you think I'm lying and to what end? Not to mention, I'm far too lazy. I'm only changing tires when I have to... Plus, I don't need the attention that bad as there aren't hundreds of followers waiting for me to upload my videos at the end of the day

My yellow 996 cab was awesome. Supercharged, stereo, all the cool stuff. If I can find pics I'll post them. Wish I had kept it as it was an awesome street car.

This went 7 pages because you just can't not make negative comments.

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Nurburgring
997.1 GT3: 7:43
Fiat: 7:39
987.1 Cayman S: 8:25 (42 secs slower than a stock 997.1 GT3)

Laguna Seca:
997.1 GT3: 1:39.57
987.1 Cayman S: 1:47.58 (8 secs apart)

At Sebring a bone stock 997.1 Aero Beetle should be at least 11 seconds faster than my Moving Chicane S. Yours, with all the cheater parts should be at least 14 secs faster.

Sebring:
DD 997.1 GT3 on MPSS: 2:30
Moving Chicane S on skinny old R6: 2:28

BumbleeBee is faster than my Fiat at Sebring, you just don't have the skills to prove it.

Avoid an old 911, because you can't drive no-ABS, no Power Steering.

Juan, John, Teo, Eddie, Trakcar, Izzone, myself are getting antiques, so you'll never see a podium.
You never tire of bench racing and quoting internet articles, do you?

I don't know what you're point is... Best I could do on super sports was a 226-7. Find someone faster on the same tires in the same car, and I guess that would mean something.... You are such a retard at times. Implying I should be able to do 14's? Do you actually read what you post? My car has stock suspension and engine, and I'm the furthest thing from a pro driver.

Eddie is really fast. The other guys by any measure are very good drivers too. Do I think there is significant delta in talent between me and them? Not really. They all started driving GT3's a lot sooner and had a jump on the learning curve. On Nitto's, I'm within a second of Randy at Roebling, 1.5 at Road Atlanta, and about 2 at VIR. At COTA, on Nitto, I was only bested by Nick. New track to all of us. And if I remember right, Peter only had me by a second at COTA. Another new track, and I was on super sports. Let me guess, I secretly put slicks on when no one was looking at those places too because I couldn't possibly have done that on my own....

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He's just dragging vintage footage into the comparo.
I have pictures of DD driving the hairdressers car of choice for Sebring with flair, but that's going too far.

Here is Youtube of rumble chicken driving a GT3 slower than 2:30
Sebring 20110611 Session Four 230 - YouTube
Post the pics. I'd love to see them. I still talk with the buyer but he hasn't sent anything in a long time.

I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, but not sure what your point is either.

You would have people believe you came out of the womb with a steering wheel. Me, not so much. Shoot, I probably spun at least once a weekend in my first year with the GT3. It's been a very steep learning curve for me as this has been a brutal car to learn in. I think I only had 5 or 6 days in my 996.

You keep posting about spectacular you were in the point 1. Your videos say otherwise. Average at best. You got a lot faster when you upgraded to a 3.8RS with more motor, better suspension, and more aero. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not....

I'm still learning and hope to continue to improve.

I'm not going to continue this debate. The point was to show some fun videos at Barber with Grady and some cup cars. I'm having a good time regardless of your constant negativity.

All hail the mighty TrackCar. The fastest guy to ever grace Rennlist
Old 04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know what you're point is... Best I could do on super sports was a 226-7. Find someone faster on the same tires in the same car, and I guess that would mean something.... You are such a retard at times. Implying I should be able to do 14's? Do you actually read what you post? My car has stock suspension and engine, and I'm the furthest thing from a pro driver.
You need mass inside your close to the ground upper skull to understand.

BumbleeBee is a 2:14 car with the right driver and good weather. The difference between your early braking, slow shifting, late power, excessive added distance and a good driver is at least 2 secs.

On good weather you could touch the 2:16s.

BumbleeBee has the following cheater parts:
- Slicks worth 4 secs over NT01 or RA1 at Sebring
- Headers, tune, LW exhaust, custom LSD, worth 2 secs over stock, and producing 435-440 Hp (near GT3 RS 3.8 power levels, with better gearing for Sebring in BumbleBee)

A stock 997.1 GT3 can do 2:22s on good weather and 2:24 on current weather with NT01 or RA1, or go 6 secs faster with your long list of cheater parts.

As I said, BumbleeBee is faster than the Fiat. I have data from my 07 GT3 RS (stock everything, except sway bars, toe links, dog bones, Sharky bypass and more weight than BumbleeBee), and it beats my Fiat at every turn, low speed or high speed, the Fiat gets it back on the straights, but my 07GT3RS with your Aero and power mods would beat the Fiat easily.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Quit whining Peter. You're starting to sound you're on your period. I feel like I should offer you a midol. You know I wasn't on slicks. We've already discussed this ad nauseum. You spoke to Grady. Do you think I'm lying and to what end? Not to mention, I'm far too lazy. I'm only changing tires when I have to... Plus, I don't need the attention that bad as there aren't hundreds of followers waiting for me to upload my videos at the end of the day

My yellow 996 cab was awesome. Supercharged, stereo, all the cool stuff. If I can find pics I'll post them. Wish I had kept it as it was an awesome street car.

This went 7 pages because you just can't not make negative comments.

You never tire of bench racing and quoting internet articles, do you?

Eddie is really fast. The other guys by any measure are very good drivers too. Do I think there is significant delta in talent between me and them? Not really. They all started driving GT3's a lot sooner and had a jump on the learning curve. On Nitto's, I'm within a second of Randy at Roebling, 1.5 at Road Atlanta, and about 2 at VIR. At COTA, on Nitto, I was only bested by Nick. New track to all of us. And if I remember right, Peter only had me by a second at COTA. Another new track, and I was on super sports. Let me guess, I secretly put slicks on when no one was looking at those places too because I couldn't possibly have done that on my own....

Post the pics. I'd love to see them. I still talk with the buyer but he hasn't sent anything in a long time.

I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, but not sure what your point is either.

You would have people believe you came out of the womb with a steering wheel. Me, not so much. Shoot, I probably spun at least once a weekend in my first year with the GT3. It's been a very steep learning curve for me as this has been a brutal car to learn in. I think I only had 5 or 6 days in my 996.

You keep posting about spectacular you were in the point 1. Your videos say otherwise. Average at best. You got a lot faster when you upgraded to a 3.8RS with more motor, better suspension, and more aero. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not....

I'm still learning and hope to continue to improve.

I'm not going to continue this debate. The point was to show some fun videos at Barber with Grady and some cup cars. I'm having a good time regardless of your constant negativity.

All hail the mighty TrackCar. The fastest guy to ever grace Rennlist
I did not mean to hurt your feeling.
Did not check with Grady on tires, just complimented him on the Brumos livery and asked him how much faster the track got, he thinks about 1.5-2 seconds.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
You need mass inside your close to the ground upper skull to understand.

BumbleeBee is a 2:14 car with the right driver and good weather. The difference between your early braking, slow shifting, late power, excessive added distance and a good driver is at least 2 secs.

On good weather you could touch the 2:16s.

BumbleeBee has the following cheater parts:
- Slicks worth 4 secs over NT01 or RA1 at Sebring
- Headers, tune, LW exhaust, custom LSD, worth 2 secs over stock, and producing 435-440 Hp (near GT3 RS 3.8 power levels, with better gearing for Sebring in BumbleBee)

A stock 997.1 GT3 can do 2:22s on good weather and 2:24 on current weather with NT01 or RA1, or go 6 secs faster with your long list of cheater parts.

As I said, BumbleeBee is faster than the Fiat. I have data from my 07 GT3 RS (stock everything, except sway bars, toe links, dog bones, Sharky bypass and more weight than BumbleeBee), and it beats my Fiat at every turn, low speed or high speed, the Fiat gets it back on the straights, but my 07GT3RS with your Aero and power mods would beat the Fiat easily.
That's mighty judgemental of you Rad considering you have videos posted on here too. I don't know Sebring yet, but I'm sure Sebring regulars can find a plethora of mistakes our videos too. I can tell you are horribly in the wrong gear and out of the powerband a lot on your fastest laps. And of course there is this whole issue with Bishops. Your car, as with all of ours, has plenty of time that you are not extracting.

At the end of the day, we don't have a single DE Cup participant that has actually run a 2:14 in a street GT3, and some in better cars than what DD has. In fact are there any street GT3's on record that have run a 2:14? TBL's don't count, estimating doesn't count. Until it's actually done, it's pipe dreaming. Woulda coulda's just don't count. We could guess that it was only a matter of time for Eddie since he was so close, but now if DD was going faster already, he'd be the top DE cup drover which he's not claiming to be.

The fact is that just like you in your Scud, Eddie in the 3.8 and Peter in the 4.0, DD is in uncharted territory for a 7.1 and still improving.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a fan of DD and vote for a DD nation. Love his videos !!

Quick Reply: DE Cup at Barber Last Weekend