DE Cup at Barber Last Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,646 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Here it is.

3 years old set of R6, on skinny sizes, 255 all around. The Moving Chicane fits 285 front and 315 rear tires when it needs to grab National level trophies.

-295Hp vs. Mezger 415Hp
-No Aero vs. Wings and Splitters
-No LSD vs. Guard LSD
-Small brakes vs. Big 6-pot Reds
-Average Driver vs. Slow Instructor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHIjEpXyq34
That's an awesome video
Old 04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Techart_Dreamer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can never really grasp how bumpy 17 is till you see an in-car.

-Markus-
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,599 Likes on 832 Posts

273 degree oil temps? Damn...
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Here it is.

3 years old set of R6, on skinny sizes, 255 all around. The Moving Chicane fits 285 front and 315 rear tires when it needs to grab National level trophies.

-295Hp vs. Mezger 415Hp
-No Aero vs. Wings and Splitters
-No LSD vs. Guard LSD
-Small brakes vs. Big 6-pot Reds
-Average Driver vs. Slow Instructor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHIjEpXyq34
You really need to get off the pipe. You've completely lost your mind at this point. I was on STREET tires. 245 front/305 rear. You posted a video of yourself out cornering me in one section of the track on hoosiers. Why wouldn't a cayman on hoosiers be faster a GT3 on street tires through a corner?

There's a reason you don't run a GT3.... Then you'd be forced to be compared on equal footing. However, what you lack in talent the Ferrari makes up for with hp and electronics. Over brake, park in corner, floor it, fondle floppy paddles. Repeat. Look like a hero

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
Don't worry I'll keep the good name for the .2RS for now, Peter will be back soon, and for some reason I can always go back in Winterfest or 48hs with fresh tires, and post a high 13 or low 14 without traffic.

You're the biggest cheater ever.... my car now is BONE STOCK
How am I cheating? There's nothing on my car that isn't equipped on every single 2RS that's relevant to this discussion. My engine is smaller, my suspension is much worse, and I have almost 40k miles. Solid mount pieces, wing, muffler, and tune. That's all....

If Eddie is typing, he's lying. I don't believe for a minute that your car is stock. Not if you plan on running the car again. Where as I've been very honest about what is in my car. The only way your car is going back to stock is if you're putting in for warranty claim or selling it.

What was your hot lap on slicks? 215.9? 50 degrees? I watched the video a while back and don't remember seeing any traffic of consequence. I did 218.07 and it was 90 degrees. Used tires as well. I had a 17.8 on the display but I can't find the data to support it, so doesn't count. Booo.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
That's an awesome video
If I'm now considered slow, then you must totally suck *****. Maybe they will come out with a RS 4.3 to help you keep your title
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 12-04-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deputydog95
You really need to get off the pipe. You've completely lost your mind at this point. I was on STREET tires. 245 front/305 rear. You posted a video of yourself out cornering me in one section of the track on hoosiers. Why wouldn't a cayman on hoosiers be faster a GT3 on street tires through a corner?

There's a reason you don't run a GT3.... Then you'd be forced to be compared on equal footing. However, what you lack in talent the Ferrari makes up for with hp and electronics. Over brake, park in corner, floor it, fondle floppy paddles. Repeat. Look like a hero

LOL ...

How am I cheating? There's nothing on my car that isn't equipped on every single 2RS that's relevant to this discussion. My engine is smaller, my suspension is much worse, and I have almost 40k miles. Solid mount pieces, wing, muffler, and tune. That's all....

If Eddie is typing, he's lying. I don't believe for a minute that your car is stock. Not if you plan on running the car again. Where as I've been very honest about what is in my car. The only way your car is going back to stock is if you're putting in for warranty claim or selling it.

What was your hot lap on slicks? 215.9? 50 degrees? I watched the video a while back and don't remember seeing any traffic of consequence. I did 218.07 and it was 90 degrees. Used tires as well. I had a 17.8 on the display but I can't find the data to support it, so doesn't count. Booo.

If I'm now considered slow, then you must totally suck *****. Maybe they will come out with a RS 4.3 to help you keep your title

Now you're on the pipe ....

My car is the most stock of them all, without monoballs on the lower control arms, no Motorsport or Guards diff, and FULL WEIGHT.
I have a lot of self preservation, but the difference is I know how far I can go, and my limitations with car control.
When you're learning how to drive stick I was seating in a go kart, testing in the rain with slicks, to improve car control, so don't feel bad there.

My best lap on video was 2:15.5 and was under traffic, and not the best one...

The best one is a 2:15.0 and I have data and proof, but no video unfortunately. This is how heavy the traffic was, check the other fast laps, all about 2:18, and before you say anything about consistency ... here are a few laps without so much traffic....

All under traffic still.. there is a reason why they wanted to kick me out of the 48hs...

Your car is a cheater, with half stripped interior, tune, SUPER DUPPER HEADERS and exhaust, BIG Aero, ALL Monoballs, LSD, shifter, cables, Lightweight mods.

My car is currently for sale and is stock, no more headers or exhaust.... I'll send you a clip soon. Suspension, the upper control arms and toe links are now back to stock. Roll bar and harness is coming out Today, and yes ... I'll run the car again (if I still have it) and lower my times on a stock car, and keep moving forward with the car set up for slicks. I studied my data, and I know what I have left ... and I can assure you is not 0.5 or 1.0 sec....
Hoosiers, 2;16.8 or 2;16.9 cant' remember correctly on cold weather.
Hoosiers on 95F 2:18 (narrow tires, small car)
Slicks with RA-1 set up - 2;15.0

These are your bench marks .... when someone gets close to it, I'll lower it again, so far I have almost the whole year of advantage...

I'll give you credit for getting faster, and got your car faster, but don't let that blur your vision, just use that to set your goals.
My goal now is to go sub 2:20 on the stinker, and trust me, I'll do it once car is ready.
If I sell the RS and go back to a GT2, you all lap timers can retire and find another hobby or quit bench racing, the bar will be set up with 997.2 cups

Ditto !
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, what went wrong here. Guys remember, dog piles allowed only on Rad........

Edit: That being said, please keep this up for 8 months until Winterfest........
Old 04-25-2013, 01:33 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Now you're on the pipe ....

My car is the most stock of them all, without monoballs on the lower control arms, no Motorsport or Guards diff, and FULL WEIGHT.
I have a lot of self preservation, but the difference is I know how far I can go, and my limitations with car control.
When you're learning how to drive stick I was seating in a go kart, testing in the rain with slicks, to improve car control, so don't feel bad there.

My best lap on video was 2:15.5 and was under traffic, and not the best one...

The best one is a 2:15.0 and I have data and proof, but no video unfortunately. This is how heavy the traffic was, check the other fast laps, all about 2:18, and before you say anything about consistency ... here are a few laps without so much traffic....

All under traffic still.. there is a reason why they wanted to kick me out of the 48hs...

Your car is a cheater, with half stripped interior, tune, SUPER DUPPER HEADERS and exhaust, BIG Aero, ALL Monoballs, LSD, shifter, cables, Lightweight mods.

My car is currently for sale and is stock, no more headers or exhaust.... I'll send you a clip soon. Suspension, the upper control arms and toe links are now back to stock. Roll bar and harness is coming out Today, and yes ... I'll run the car again (if I still have it) and lower my times on a stock car, and keep moving forward with the car set up for slicks. I studied my data, and I know what I have left ... and I can assure you is not 0.5 or 1.0 sec....
Hoosiers, 2;16.8 or 2;16.9 cant' remember correctly on cold weather.
Hoosiers on 95F 2:18 (narrow tires, small car)
Slicks with RA-1 set up - 2;15.0

These are your bench marks .... when someone gets close to it, I'll lower it again, so far I have almost the whole year of advantage...

I'll give you credit for getting faster, and got your car faster, but don't let that blur your vision, just use that to set your goals.
My goal now is to go sub 2:20 on the stinker, and trust me, I'll do it once car is ready.
If I sell the RS and go back to a GT2, you all lap timers can retire and find another hobby or quit bench racing, the bar will be set up with 997.2 cups

Ditto !
So much misinformation..... No shifter cables, I have full interior, sunroof, and the only lightweight part is a battery. Then add 20 pounds for my trailer hitch setup behind the bumper. So I dropped 25 pounds over stock...

I think we can both agree that you're car was no where near stock when you ran those times?

Ron Zita says a 964 that classes properly will do a 225 sebring. How do you plan on taking 5 seconds off?

I would LOVE it if we all had a pack of 964's out there racing.

Originally Posted by wanna911
Ok, what went wrong here. Guys remember, dog piles allowed only on Rad........

Edit: That being said, please keep this up for 8 months until Winterfest........
Rad pile ons never get old. Glad to see some action around here. So boring lately....
Old 04-25-2013, 01:54 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

So much misinformation..... No shifter cables, I have full interior, sunroof, and the only lightweight part is a battery. Then add 20 pounds for my trailer hitch setup behind the bumper. So I dropped 25 pounds over stock...

I think we can both agree that you're car was no where near stock when you ran those times?

Ron Zita says a 964 that classes properly will do a 225 sebring. How do you plan on taking 5 seconds off?

I would LOVE it if we all had a pack of 964's out there racing.

Rad pile ons never get old. Glad to see some action around here. So boring lately....

So Mr. Ron Zizta is not well informed. There are a few 964s running 2:18s.... and don't worry about HOW I'm going to do it... it will be done, just a matter of time until I have the car set up to specs.

What is not stock on my car that is stock on yours (GT3) ???

Who has the most mods ?

Wanna drive my 964 at Sebring, and if you do better lap times you take the crown and U$ 1000.00 cash, but if you don't you pay double ?

Was on the Miata with street tires that you got mopped by 8 seconds or more in one lap ?
Same car same day ?
Or you can pick and choose any other car, no better way to do so....

Nothing drives me more than a challenge.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:25 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

So Mr. Ron Zizta is not well informed. There are a few 964s running 2:18s.... and don't worry about HOW I'm going to do it... it will be done, just a matter of time until I have the car set up to specs.

What is not stock on my car that is stock on yours (GT3) ???

Who has the most mods ?

Wanna drive my 964 at Sebring, and if you do better lap times you take the crown and U$ 1000.00 cash, but if you don't you pay double ?

Was on the Miata with street tires that you got mopped by 8 seconds or more in one lap ?
Same car same day ?
Or you can pick and choose any other car, no better way to do so....

Nothing drives me more than a challenge.
When you say mods, do you mean now or then? If we are comparing car to car, then the award goes to you. I don't a 3.8 DFI, LWFW, RS gearing, etc etc that come with your car from the factory. Then there's the stuff you added (exhaust, solid mount, mega tune). Please don't insinuate that my car is comparable to your car, modded or stock.

You'll have to argue that point with a Daytona winner that builds these cars... So a 964, that classes properly in group 10, did a 218?

Ahhh.. The miata. Yes, that was fun. Yes, you went faster. Then again I didn't want to turn Mike's car into a pile of rubble since he was nice enough to let me take it out for a spin. Unlike you who almost tboned Randy in T7 and destroyed a 140k RS trying to set a good lap time.

You're a better driver. Not arguing that. Although I think the delta isn't nearly as big as it used to be.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

When you say mods, do you mean now or then? If we are comparing car to car, then the award goes to you. I don't a 3.8 DFI, LWFW, RS gearing, etc etc that come with your car from the factory. Then there's the stuff you added (exhaust, solid mount, mega tune). Please don't insinuate that my car is comparable to your car, modded or stock.

You'll have to argue that point with a Daytona winner that builds these cars... So a 964, that classes properly in group 10, did a 218?

Ahhh.. The miata. Yes, that was fun. Yes, you went faster. Then again I didn't want to turn Mike's car into a pile of rubble since he was nice enough to let me take it out for a spin. Unlike you who almost tboned Randy in T7 and destroyed a 140k RS trying to set a good lap time.

You're a better driver. Not arguing that. Although I think the delta isn't nearly as big as it used to be.

Stock no, modded yes ... of course. No DFI here, no GT3 with DFI until the 991 Comes out.

Yes I'll argue, because there is no argument against facts... I don't believe what everybody tells me, unless it's proven period.
Maybe we are not talking apples to apples here ???

Yes that day on the Miata, glad you remember... yes when the lap times were already set and all lock up and almost hit Randy... 110K car, come on don't be so dramatic
I have no idea what group 10 is... going by PCA classes...
Oh no delta is smaller for sure, and I gave you credit for that, you were driving the car 5/10ths and in a scary way, now you got to 8/10ths and will find that those last 2 actually are the most difficult ones. You will have to actually start hitting apexes, throttle input at the right time, and driving the car closer to the edge, which sometimes can lead you to unpleasant situations if your'e aware and used to it...
Keep up the good work, but I'll say it again for your own sake, don't let the fact that you got faster and also your car blur your vision, it can bite you back when you least expect.

Here are a few data from the rennpoint website for Sebring. GT4S class where my 964 goes once ready.

Track Class Name Lap Time Date Session
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:18.183 2013-02-03 09:30:00 Enduro Race
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.136 2012-02-03 14:00:00 Practice
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.202 2012-02-04 10:20:00 Qualifying
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.650 2013-02-03 08:00:00 Practice
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:20.110 2013-02-02 12:00:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S GARY L KNOBLAUCH 2:20.169 2009-02-07 13:45:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.182 2010-02-06 12:30:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:20.186 2013-02-02 08:55:00 Qualifying
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.189 2011-02-06 12:45:00 Enduro Race
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.235 2010-02-06 14:40:00 Sprint Race

H Class cars which is stock engine class and the beautiful grey and blue RSA that is for sale here runs ...
From 2:22 to 2:25

On top of it the GT4S class run hoosiers and with slicks time will be lower too, but bumped to GT4R
Old 04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so we have a:

3.8 997.2 RS with some solid suspension pieces, tune on slicks at a 2:15.0 (cold), on R6 at 2:16.8 (hot)

3.6 997.1 GT3 with LSD, aero, exhaust, tune and suspension bits on R6 2:18.? (hot)

If I have all of the details correct, I think that's pretty darn close. The 3.8 is a superior car, I would guess with still a better power curve than the .1 even with the mods. I'd have to say, I'd probably choose factory RS aero over most aftermarket non wind tunnel tested stuff unless he has cup undertrays, diffusers etc. Suspension mods I would consider a wash unless DD has coilovers. That stuff doesn't make a huge difference anyways. The 7.1 is still a lesser car than most in DE Cup even with the mods.

This DE cheater stuff is hilarious when none of the cars are actually stock........... How do you determine how much is cheating, especially when comparing a slower car to begin with?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

This DE cheater stuff is hilarious when none of the cars are actually stock........... How do you determine how much is cheating, especially when comparing a slower car to begin with?
EGG zactly.

I like Eddie's challenge. You guys should do it in 3 weeks at Sebring PBOC.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:59 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

No the 3.6 did 2:17.8 on slicks, don't know his times on slicks.
Yes aero helps a lot specially cup car aero.
Lesser car with not so experience driver with higher lap times,
All still in the right place last I checked.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Ok so we have a:

3.8 997.2 RS with some solid suspension pieces, tune on slicks at a 2:15.0 (cold), on R6 at 2:16.8 (hot)

3.6 997.1 GT3 with LSD, aero, exhaust, tune and suspension bits on R6 2:18.? (hot)

If I have all of the details correct, I think that's pretty darn close. The 3.8 is a superior car, I would guess with still a better power curve than the .1 even with the mods. I'd have to say, I'd probably choose factory RS aero over most aftermarket non wind tunnel tested stuff unless he has cup undertrays, diffusers etc. Suspension mods I would consider a wash unless DD has coilovers. That stuff doesn't make a huge difference anyways. The 7.1 is still a lesser car than most in DE Cup even with the mods.

Finally the voice of reason

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
EGG zactly.

I like Eddie's challenge. You guys should do it in 3 weeks at Sebring PBOC.
I have zero experience in old cars. Even if I did, Eddie has killer instinct to go places where others fear to tread. My best hope would be a DNF from him mercilessly flogging his car

Stock no, modded yes ... of course. No DFI here, no GT3 with DFI until the 991 Comes out.

Yes I'll argue, because there is no argument against facts... I don't believe what everybody tells me, unless it's proven period.
Maybe we are not talking apples to apples here ???

Yes that day on the Miata, glad you remember... yes when the lap times were already set and all lock up and almost hit Randy... 110K car, come on don't be so dramatic
I have no idea what group 10 is... going by PCA classes...
Oh no delta is smaller for sure, and I gave you credit for that, you were driving the car 5/10ths and in a scary way, now you got to 8/10ths and will find that those last 2 actually are the most difficult ones. You will have to actually start hitting apexes, throttle input at the right time, and driving the car closer to the edge, which sometimes can lead you to unpleasant situations if your'e aware and used to it...
Keep up the good work, but I'll say it again for your own sake, don't let the fact that you got faster and also your car blur your vision, it can bite you back when you least expect.

Here are a few data from the rennpoint website for Sebring. GT4S class where my 964 goes once ready.

Track Class Name Lap Time Date Session
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:18.183 2013-02-03 09:30:00 Enduro Race
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.136 2012-02-03 14:00:00 Practice
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.202 2012-02-04 10:20:00 Qualifying
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:19.650 2013-02-03 08:00:00 Practice
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:20.110 2013-02-02 12:00:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S GARY L KNOBLAUCH 2:20.169 2009-02-07 13:45:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.182 2010-02-06 12:30:00 Sprint Race
Sebring GT4S DANIEL YONKER 2:20.186 2013-02-02 08:55:00 Qualifying
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.189 2011-02-06 12:45:00 Enduro Race
Sebring GT4S CLAUDIO KAEMPF 2:20.235 2010-02-06 14:40:00 Sprint Race

H Class cars which is stock engine class and the beautiful grey and blue RSA that is for sale here runs ...
From 2:22 to 2:25

On top of it the GT4S class run hoosiers and with slicks time will be lower too, but bumped to GT4R
I'm looking at what would be a H class car. That GT4S class sounds like are running very very very expensive engines.

Ron Z had a full out 993 race car with aero and slicks and was doing 217's. Big $ customer car.

Where is this RSA for sale? I didn't see it in the classifieds.

Quick Reply: DE Cup at Barber Last Weekend