Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cup exhaust for a street 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 11:01 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
I would love to see the dyno, as my experience developing and testing doesn't show that.
Anyway who drive these cars at 1500-2500 RPM should drive a diesel truck.

Right tool for the job

Peter
Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

I would love to see the dyno, as my experience developing and testing doesn't show that.
Anyway who drive these cars at 1500-2500 RPM should drive a diesel truck.

I dont have access to the dyno sheet, just what I was told. So in your testing, on the 3.6, what did the cup exhaust do and what did you M&M do over the cup exhaust. I did see that on the 4.0 car you did, but im curious what happens comparing these two on the 3.6. Also, how does yours differ in sound/volume vs the cup exhaust?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 AM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tye, this wasn't towards YOU personally. I understand what you're saying about what you heard, and that's not accurate, or at least not to the extent of people think and also completely out of the usable power band for these cars, so the compromise is minimal if any.
The design and quality of the mufflers are completely different between the M&M and cup. Even ask a few here that weren't so lucky and only after a few weekends (2-3) the cup exhaust blew up from the inside.
Cup is louder than the M&M and also drones more. M&M is deeper and very nice sound in the upper RPMs.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Tye, this wasn't towards YOU personally. I understand what you're saying about what you heard, and that's not accurate, or at least not to the extent of people think and also completely out of the usable power band for these cars, so the compromise is minimal if any.
The design and quality of the mufflers are completely different between the M&M and cup. Even ask a few here that weren't so lucky and only after a few weekends (2-3) the cup exhaust blew up from the inside.
Cup is louder than the M&M and also drones more. M&M is deeper and very nice sound in the upper RPMs.
Yup. My Cup center lasted 6 track days and the baffles inside came apart. Sounds like a roll of pennies got loose inside the damn thing.
So imbarrasing in a 6 figure car. Drives me nuts.

Between the M&M and the Cup center for sound I find them to be the approx the same as they are a comparable concept.

The M&M is better build quality and priced right.
All the seasoned FL guys use them . And use them alot in the FL heat!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:51 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Yup. My Cup center lasted 6 track days and the baffles inside came apart. Sounds like a roll of pennies got loose inside the damn thing.
So imbarrasing in a 6 figure car. Drives me nuts.

Between the M&M and the Cup center for sound I find them to be the approx the same as they are a comparable concept.

The M&M is better build quality and priced right.
All the seasoned FL guys use them . And use them alot in the FL heat!

Quick Reply: Cup exhaust for a street 997 GT3