2011 GT3 info

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts
Default 2011 GT3 info

Hello,

As some of you might know, i've been looking for a 997.2 GT3 for quite a while, researching the market etc.
I'm looking at this car at Brumos in Jacksonville, which as far as I know has an excellent reputation-though the price is a bit above what I was planning, others have been getting good deals lately(after reading the Orange RS thread, the buyer sure got a good deal after making an offer)
I'll be asking for a DME report, but reading the carfax reveals numerous tire changes for a car with relatively low miles. Carfax also shows the engine was removed for repair(could have been clutch or RMS), possible negotiation point.

Since it's CPO there is less to worry about, but I don't want a car that's been tracked

Any thoughts much appreciated-this is the car, vin number WP0AC2A9XBS783405 :

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=17&Log=0

Carfax:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=ATD_W
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

The price is high for gt3
But it's a dealer, they need to make money
Not many gt3 are not tracked
If u find that price high, get money ready, post a wtb thread with equipment u want, u will get leads. This community is very tight.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Understand what you are going through. Just purchased a 2010 GT3 after searching for several months. If anything, prices have gone UP, since last summer on the 997.2 GT3 and RS cars. Currently there is barely twenty GT3 997.2 on Autotrader -- of course you know this all too well.
That said, there will be new cars coming on the market. So, if you don't like the Brumos car then pass. (An engine out service isn't a great starting point). There will other cars. One thing I learned: there is big difference between searching and searching-to-BUY. I missed out on one or two cars early on as I wasn't totally ready to pull the trigger.
Lastly, when I called to discuss a car I was interested in, I would ask questions... And then i would listen to what the seller had to tell about the car. It is amazing how a good clean car usually has a good story... And the facts (carax, DME report, etc. will back up the story); rather than the other way around.
Good luck with your hunt. I just got my GT3 off the truck last week.
Cheers!
John
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe owner didnt like the cup tires, then he hated the regular non-cup tires and went back to it. OR he did some light track events and had to get new tires.

Are you looking for garage queen GT3? Or slightly tracked or few DE events ok with you? Regardless, it is hard to get the real story out from a dealer as they just want to sell the car.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I'm hoping to find a CPO from a private owner, and it looks like there'd be some sort of traveling to get it since it's hard to find them right now. 2 years ago when they were new, I saw quite a few here at the local dealer, all gone these days. Buying out of state will be more of a hassle, shipping or driving back, flying out there, etc.
The Brumos car is a pretty long drive, but it sure would be a pleasure to drive back(laughs)
The engine being out has to be clutch, coolant or RMS related, what else could it be? If it was a complete engine replacement would it probably be disclosed?
I'll probably contact someone this week and get a DME report.

I'm also sick of seeing dealer ads with wrong or generic info. They should know better, saying it has a sunroof when the model doesn't even come with it(!)
I really don't want a car with light or heavy track use. I've monitored a lot of cars, many well taken care of, but as the new year came around there aren't that many available.
I've seen a few very questionable cars and didn't even bother posting here.
So I'll keep looking, it takes time. Black is still my first choice, then white. I like the Black/Orange RS and Pumpkin RS, but I think I gave up on the 997.1 cars. I used to like red but for some reason I'm not inclined to get one. So it's a narrow search right now.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

I didn't like buy out of state so I paid a premium for the car I wanted.

be euros stent. I had very specific requirements. then it popped up.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be patient. Try to find something local if you are too worried for something you cannot see.

I too paid a bit more than I should be have.... But I would do it again.... This car gives me joy everyday being driven or not.. =)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:48 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Also, I hate the black wheels on a white car...was it an option when buying new or would the original owner have had them painted/powder coated?
The white recently posted for sale on the list was a giveaway for $90k(I think that was the price the guy sold it for), but had (repaired) cracks on the windshield. I think Pacific Porsche has it now
Something like that might make shipping worthwhile
I'll keep looking
BTW, I test drove a .1RS last month, reminded me of my friend's 360 Modena I drove
.1 RS's are getting too old for CPO I suppose, and from reading many posts, most people would prefer a .2 regular GT3 like I'm favoring

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3 info