Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Randy (Izzone) and his new ride....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the calculator out for fun.

A GT3 based 4L engine has a theoretical 700hp (175hp/L, as opposed to the theoretical 6cyl air cooled number of 110).

Assuming the car could be built to come "off track", i.e. with race fluids, enough fuel to get to the scale and driver+kit at 2650#, Randy's car could be built to run GT1S or R.

A Sebring 2:07 would bring home a piece of plastic.

An arguement could be made to run the car in GTA2, in which case a 2:02 would do it, although this year, Klaus ran a 2:06 in his GT3R.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

You will have plenty of fun with SVRA and HSR. It's a good group.
Any pics of that sub 2:11 914? What class?
I'm building a 914/6 GT that I plan on running in SVRA and HSR. I miss being around all of those neat old cars.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
Looks awesome Randy! Tell everyone I said hello at Roebling, bummed I've got to miss it but girlfriend has some elaborate suprise scheduled for my Bday and family coming up so didn't want to reschedule....

I'd love to head down to the shop when you get back and check it out, I'll be in the market for an air cooled soon but of a different type!
Is it your birthday or hers?
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB

A GT3 based 4L engine has a theoretical 700hp (175hp/L, as opposed to the theoretical 6cyl air cooled number of 110).

Assuming the car could be built to come "off track", i.e. with race fluids, enough fuel to get to the scale and driver+kit at 2650#, Randy's car could be built to run GT1S or R.

An arguement could be made to run the car in GTA2, in which case a 2:02 would do it, although this year, Klaus ran a 2:06 in his GT3R.
This is where the vintage A/C wins

when done I will have a 400HP 3 liter car that is supposed to be 330
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pulling your leg; thought somebody would object.

Not to worry, we're quick enough.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
The car is built to be a class 5 hsr and class 6 svra car on Hoosier td

It will most likely be run in gt4r, we are going to bolt some aero on it for those events...if I do many of them

Watching the 48 at Sebring makes me want to stick with other groups

As far as NASA....not interested.

I'm mostly interested in enduros,historic racing is best for that

Time trial not interested either
Oh I see, Podium by Absence racing, continuous body repairs by collective run-out-of-talent, with engine rebuilds every 4 enduros, and cars breaking apart at every single race. Get a body shop, and VW shop on retainer, because the only thing cheap in racing is the $3 Chinese trophies.

A good friend is talking me into Spec Miata, but I think the MX5-Cup Playboy thingy looks more appealing to me. Real racing with real talent.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

That's wonderful!

Now you can build an air-cooled GT car and come racing with us.

I'll go slow in front of your home crowd so you feel better about the effort and your fans won't feel badly for you....
Will it be broadcast on TV? I want to go FLATOUT and be on TV for all my fans.

Theoretical 700HP wha..??
Ok just when I was starting to read a lot of words, you lost me again. Real links with real cars to buy in a certain class would be convenient. Alcantara finish inside a plus.

Originally Posted by Izzone
This is where the vintage A/C wins

when done I will have a 400HP 3 liter car that is supposed to be 330
What is vintage A/C?

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
Oh I see, Podium by Absence racing, continuous body repairs by collective run-out-of-talent, with engine rebuilds every 4 enduros, and cars breaking apart at every single race. Get a body shop, and VW shop on retainer, because the only thing cheap in racing is the $3 Chinese trophies.

A good friend is talking me into Spec Miata, but I think the MX5-Cup Playboy thingy looks more appealing to me. Real racing with real talent.
Even MX5 Playboy CUP is much too expensive. If it is racing, even karts it is too expensive if you want to win.
Cheater parts, coaches, mobil homes, hospitality tents with catering and umbrella girls, travel, crash repair etc. is pretty expensive no matter what you climb into. And then you get hit in T1 and fly home looking like a loser, wich you probably will do even if you dont get hit becasue you are new and dont know the depth of the cheating yet.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

When you boys want to go racing, ask me to help you with one of these...I can also help with the alcantra.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NJ-GT

Dang...there you go dissing the Cup Car crowd again!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

When you boys want to go racing, ask me to help you with one of these...I can also help with the alcantra.

Can I get it fuel injected and is that the same class Randy will run in?
I would have to buy a full face helmet wouldn't I?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Can I get it fuel injected and is that the same class Randy will run in?
I would have to buy a full face helmet wouldn't I?
Yes, no, yes and who cares? They sound absolutely awesome, go really fast, guarantee TV coverage, come complete with the big trailers, motorcoaches, engineers, catered food and an adoring crowd.

And they're NOT Fiats!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

LOL. Sounds great, how will people recognize me on TV with my full face helmet. I know, lots of TCN swag!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be patient, I'm slow...
PCA theoretical = nobody check? I can be a winner there.
NASA brings scales and Dyno? Dyno is easy to cheat as you explained.

So what cars can you bring? anything that theoretically fits the HP / weight ratio? I guess fat drivers are finally on an even playing field. Weight includes the driver right.

Its racing.

OK, so class 5hsr and class 6svra and PCA GT4S are all the same on R compound? Put slicks on can you still run 5hsr and class 6svra and PCA GT4R?

So what is the HP/weight ratio, what kinda fuel injected ABS cars fit?
Any age restrictions.

Sorry I only know how to cheat in 24H of lemons, but putting a 4.0 engine outside in the rain and make it rust and pretend it's a 70's 2.7 prolly wont work..

Are you brushing up on endurance featuring race organization classes that guarentee me the win?

Show me an non cheating racer and I show you a liar.

Hogwash........ There are plenty of guys with integrity that play by the rules. In fact, they outnumber the cheaters by 10:1. Most guys know they aren't good enough to begin with to bother cheating as they couldn't hide the level of cheating necessary for them to win. And most of the actual cheaters are the ones accusing the other people of cheating..... since they cheat and still can't win.

Racing is different, especially when it's only weight/power, you will have a likely equally prepared car checking your dyno sheet on every straight. Eliminates the guess work.

Most of the cheaters are running Time Trials with NASA Southeast......

So based on this conversation, Randy intends to cheat? CHEATER!

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

THEY ALL CHEAT.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 814 Posts

THEY ALL CHEAT.

Wrong.

Some do for sure. Not all.

Quick Reply: Randy (Izzone) and his new ride....