Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 761 Posts

Too bad, we should try again but I would understand if he does not. F@ck me once shame on you....
Old 01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Too bad, we should try again but I would understand if he does not. F@ck me once shame on you....
It's good to know people below management at COTA treat DE participant well. My MVP event was "saved" but I decided to cancel because I don't care for the management attitude. I will give COTA mangement couple years to relize their precious circule pavement is not so special and welcome everyone with open arm.

As far as charging people when they go off track and move couple road blocks around? .... that's just stupid regardless of track. I won't go to any track with these type of policy. It's not like we are not **** enough our car suffer damage then we get a thank you very much bill for somethig the track should expect to maintain as part of racing motorsport complex.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Regarding DMTD, I suspect the track would now be very receptive towards this event. However, I am not sure David is. He & I were (rightfully) pissed beyond belief at the way we were treated, and he told me then he has no desire to try again. Time will tell.
The other issue is getting a decent date. Nov-Mar are prime months - minimal conflicts with other events and good temps. The rest of the year not so much.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

Yeah, we had great dates in March too. But the COTAholes nuked us in favor if a higher bidder.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 761 Posts

Right.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

COTA registration just opened up today for BMWCCA Club Racing event June 7-9...

Despite all the BS, I couldn't help but to sign up..

As far as damage: It isn't uncommon to be charged for Damage. Barber and other "Nicer" Facilities have been doing it for years. Here is the note regarding COTA about the damage policy when I registered..

NOTE NOTE NOTE: damages...this is in the contract we have with COTA, if we get charged for something you do we will charge you. Asphalt damage (anywhere- track, paddock, etc) is $500 PER SQUARE FOOT. Gaurd rails are $25 per foot. Tire barriers are $25/foot. Fencing is $15 per foot. Airfences are $1000 (not a typo- $1000) per square foot. DON"T DAMAGE THE TRACK. Treat this place as if it were your own. For those of of you that have been to Barber, treat COTA like you do Barber. Squares of plywood to put under jackstands would be a good idea. Spilling fluids in the paddock will require you to contact COTA staff. If you hit a wall, expect a bill from us. Don't hit the plastic barriers- the Armco is cheaper on your wallet. Just be careful and treat the facility with respect. We would like to be invited back again.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM
MikeJim
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aim straight in the urinals. There could be a fine.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

OMG HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can manage to get into an airfence in a DE car, they should pay $1000 per square foot!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:34 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 007DT
As far as damage: It isn't uncommon to be charged for Damage. Barber and other "Nicer" Facilities have been doing it for years. Here is the note regarding COTA about the damage policy when I registered..

NOTE NOTE NOTE: damages...this is in the contract we have with COTA, if we get charged for something you do we will charge you. Asphalt damage (anywhere- track, paddock, etc) is $500 PER SQUARE FOOT. Gaurd rails are $25 per foot. Tire barriers are $25/foot. Fencing is $15 per foot. Airfences are $1000 (not a typo- $1000) per square foot. DON"T DAMAGE THE TRACK. Treat this place as if it were your own. For those of of you that have been to Barber, treat COTA like you do Barber. Squares of plywood to put under jackstands would be a good idea. Spilling fluids in the paddock will require you to contact COTA staff. If you hit a wall, expect a bill from us. Don't hit the plastic barriers- the Armco is cheaper on your wallet. Just be careful and treat the facility with respect. We would like to be invited back again.
OK, I am starting to run out of analogy why these type of track damage rules is absolutely ridiculous but I will try ....

My favorite Mt bike trail at Mt Tamalpais just publish new rules as follow:
  • if you hit a tree you will be fine $25 per tree bark or $100 per tree branch damaged
  • if you move rocks on the trail more than 5 feet from their original location you will be fine $5 per pebble
  • if you had to take an emergency **** you will be charged $50 per cc
  • if you step on a bug you will be fine $2 per bug
  • if you take more than one scenic picture you will be fine $50 per shot
  • if you leave tire mark on the parking lot the park ranger will confiscate your bike and your girlfriend (if she is hawt)

I am very happy to use our awesome tracks in California that let us drive without worry about track maintenance issue that belong to the track and not the participant
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Dave I can only imagine how hot it will be in Austin in June
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yeah, especially since they are predicting year 3 of our worst drought ever.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Y'all actually had some rain for one day at the drivers edge event at COTA.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
OK, I am starting to run out of analogy why these type of track damage rules is absolutely ridiculous but I will try ....

My favorite Mt bike trail at Mt Tamalpais just publish new rules as follow:
  • if you hit a tree you will be fine $25 per tree bark or $100 per tree branch damaged
  • if you move rocks on the trail more than 5 feet from their original location you will be fine $5 per pebble
  • if you had to take an emergency **** you will be charged $50 per cc
  • if you step on a bug you will be fine $2 per bug
  • if you take more than one scenic picture you will be fine $50 per shot
  • if you leave tire mark on the parking lot the park ranger will confiscate your bike and your girlfriend (if she is hawt)

I am very happy to use our awesome tracks in California that let us drive without worry about track maintenance issue that belong to the track and not the participant
Now that is crazy!!! But you are in California so... As far as Man Made places I don't have a problem with paying for damage, as long as it is justified... The prices are a bit rich I'll admit!

I imagine my cool shirt will be working overtime on this weekend!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In my book the driver or team should always responsible for any track damage.

Quick Reply: PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013