Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure about the tech sheet that may have already been modified, problem is always that some so and so self certifies and has no clue what they are doing. As for damages what about the ring, they charge you not only for damages but every minute the track is closed to clear you off.

Anyway, I've been there and they were very cool, the track manager met with us and actually apologized for everthing, and the fact they have now signed up both the BMW and Pirsche Club race is proof enough to me that they do care about us.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
Not interested in COTA with their ****ty attitude and rules. Won't go there until their management attitude change. Tech form only from race shop and we are liable for damage if our car go off and hit a divider or scratch paved surface? Give me a break.
Paying for damaged armco is pretty standard at most tracks.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Paying for damaged armco is pretty standard at most tracks.
That's what track entrance fee is for. Not sure about other area but here at Northern California we pay our track fees and all we have to worry about is damage to our cars if we wreck. I seen car wreck and rearrange armco, move rolls of tire and concrete barrier and personally I ate several candle stick cones and clear out couple rolls of tire barrier and never once were we ask to pay for track damage. If a track is so worry about cars damaging or scratch their precious railing and pavement then I say continue to limit participant to the rich. It's too delicate for me.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

I believe COTA has realized that they made a mistake and underestimated the large following they had from grass roots motorsport clubs. The track manager addressed our group and acknowledged that the ownership just wasn't familiar with our type of activities. EVERYONE from the gate attendants to the track manager were very welcoming and helpful during our visit. In the end I think they were quite surprised at the level of organization, drivers and equipment that was there.

People make mistakes. It's how they handle them after they realize it that shows their character. For my money COTA is doing what they can to win back the track junkies hearts. I can't wait to go back!

Last edited by BartN (TX); 01-20-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
That's what track entrance fee is for. Not sure about other area but here at Northern California we pay our track fees and all we have to worry about is damage to our cars if we wreck. I seen car wreck and rearrange armco, move rolls of tire and concrete barrier and personally I ate several candle stick cones and clear out couple rolls of tire barrier and never once were we ask to pay for track damage. If a track is so worry about cars damaging or scratch their precious railing and pavement then I say continue to limit participant to the rich. It's too delicate for me.
On the east coast, they charge you for everything. One guy pulled off track at Barber one time and caught the grass on fire and got billed for it. The had paddock ***** that rode around on carts and would charge you for any fluids on the ground on dents in the asphalt in the paddock! Billed for tire walls, guard rails, you name it.

They have backed off quite a bit in recent years, but their reputation was going down the toilet.

Most of the other tracks over here have it in their don't read sign here waiver, or through the organization, but some (Road Atlanta) don't enforce it often if at all.

PS still a bit bummed I'm not going.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I got a bill for $54.00 from PCA-NE after I ran with them in August 2012 at WGI -- for "speedy-dry" (my front radiator hose came loose and dumped on the track).
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

All said I agree with BartN and several others that have actually drivent the track and met the people. Whatever screwup occurred in the ownership and senior executive level is more than compensated by the people I have met and their actions so far since the event occurred.

As far as the rules they seem fair to me, i dont want a torn up track and frankly there is a small part of our groups that really dont care about others and perhaps these types of fines and individually assessed fees will keep them of the tracks and make it more fair for the rest of us. With the investment and contract obligations to FIA, if our firm owned the track it's likely I would not have let anyone but the most experienced grassroots non pro drivers on track for a couple of years and then with highly regulated events.

So far the management has let Rick of Drivers Edge run his event the way he saw fit, I think the same is occurring for Mark at MVP. It's obviously to me they are trying to get a handle on how the whole business works, and how to accommodate all types of users with out sacrificing the quality of the track.

Now they have signed BMW for sure and according to this post AFTER.all the words in December they have now signed PCA. There is no more than this we can ask.

Let's strongly support the track, go on not only their Facebook site but everywhere you can think of and say a big thanks. We as a group gave them a hell of a lot of negative press now let's do the same from a positive side.

Always remember the 10 year contract is still as the leisure of the FIA if they perceive the track is not up to spec or has lost its luster they can simply move the race, and based on some of their other Decesion isn't he past I wouldn't put it past them to threaten to do so just to force a bigger royalty payment.

And ladies and gents is my .02 worth.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,853 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Let's strongly support the track, go on not only their Facebook site but everywhere you can think of and say a big thanks. We as a group gave them a hell of a lot of negative press now let's do the same from a positive side.
Great that you and a few others have been able to access and enjoy the track. AFAIK, they need to make things right with David Murry before they get any positive support from my corner.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Great that you and a few others have been able to access and enjoy the track. AFAIK, they need to make things right with David Murry before they get any positive support from my corner.
correct, COTA needs to give a date to DMTD.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 761 Posts

They have some ***** to put down a guy like David Murry.
When I see that made right I'm a believer and will accept their apology.
They seem to be on the right path.. Time will tell.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:23 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
I got a bill for $54.00 from PCA-NE after I ran with them in August 2012 at WGI -- for "speedy-dry" (my front radiator hose came loose and dumped on the track).
That's just nuts! Hope they don't charge you for toilet paper
Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

COTA did a great job at the track event and their staff and explanations impressed me. The ownership was worried about their track and was over protective. They apologized and I accept it. I purchased an rv spot for F1 and the staff was absolutely incredible. I fully support COTA.

Now, how do I get involved in this CPA event?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,786 Likes on 1,848 Posts

where can I sign up for this event - I would be interested in Advanced DE - not club racing.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Usually all the events run by the Texas Regions of PCA go up on ClubRegistration.net both DE and Club race so I would have to guess sign up would br there.

Generally they do not open registration until 30 days before an event and lost it at 45-60 days.

It's not yet on the CR site.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

Regarding DMTD, I suspect the track would now be very receptive towards this event. However, I am not sure David is. He & I were (rightfully) pissed beyond belief at the way we were treated, and he told me then he has no desire to try again. Time will tell.

Quick Reply: PCA CLUB RACE AT CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS CONFIRMED FOR MAY 10-12, 2013