Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 and RS Must Have suspension mod.... Pics a plenty..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 47 Posts

I have been dealing with Hard Racing Performance regarding the same Tarmac 2 Kit as the OP is installing in his RS. I must have made a half-dozen separate changes, as well as numerous questions regarding the order, and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Even though they are back east, and I am in California, they were returning my emails after MIDNIGHT if you can believe it. I repeatedly and profusely apologized for my idiocy, but all they kept saying was "we just want you to be satisfied with your order". A really great bunch of guys there. Michael was absolutely amazing and patient. Thanks to all at Hard Racing Performance in Mooresville, NC.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 PM
hardracing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the kind words Jim. It was our pleasure to get you taken care of and answer all your questions.

We have been selling RSS for nearly 3 years with great success. We also have it on our own personal track car 2007 GT3RS.

Amazing products.

Just as Leh said, what these RSS Parts do to transform your car is truely amazing.

It's not always easy to get a customer to understand the difference. But, once they try it for themselves, or go for a ride in our car, they are hooked.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 645 Likes on 326 Posts

^^ You should be a Rennlist Sponsor^^

I know the crew at Hard Racing. Great people, very helpful, very involved with PCA, etc. and really know their stuff. They use/run and install everything they sell so they can give first hand experience.

Now...if I were tracking out GT3, I would certainly be getting the RSS stuff....

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Last edited by NaroEscape; 01-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:58 AM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Well, the price/hours required from my dealer was absurd - as expected - so I will be doing the RSS Tarmac 2 kit install myself, including the motor mounts. I have excellent mechanical skills as well as good tools, but have never actually replaced these specific components before. Will I need specialized tools such as "pickle forks" or some other method of separating the front & rear LCAs from the uprights, or does everything literally fall apart when the securing/retaining nuts are removed? Are the ceramic rotors extremely fragile? I do plan on loading the RS onto a trailer once completed to have it realigned, so as to avoid ruining my new MPSS tires. You have all been very helpful so far, and once again thank you for your continued advise and counsel.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Well, the price/hours required from my dealer was absurd - as expected - so I will be doing the RSS Tarmac 2 kit install myself, including the motor mounts. I have excellent mechanical skills as well as good tools, but have never actually replaced these specific components before. Will I need specialized tools such as "pickle forks" or some other method of separating the front & rear LCAs from the uprights, or does everything literally fall apart when the securing/retaining nuts are removed? Are the ceramic rotors extremely fragile? I do plan on loading the RS onto a trailer once completed to have it realigned, so as to avoid ruining my new MPSS tires. You have all been very helpful so far, and once again thank you for your continued advise and counsel.
If you buy it from the right vendor - and not necessarily the cheapest, rock-bottom nationwide price shipped to you - you'll presumably get access to their help, guidance, and advice in tackling the project.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

GMG
Tarrett
RSS
Torque solution
PMNA
all make these parts.
can someone comment on their differences. why RSS over the others?
or why the others over RSS?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
GMG
Tarrett
RSS
Torque solution
PMNA
all make these parts.
Champion Motorsport also has some really nice ones too:
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rovman
Ha ha, I was wondering the same thing.

Quite a coincidence Leh, we have been following the same path of cars and forums for years now. I had an STI when you did, than went on to the new M3 , now the GT3.

Beautiful car by the way, that very car would be the only reason I would move from my 6-3 GT3. My favorite RS that is for sure.

I must say you sure have been "representing" these last few years in the Porsches, Kudos to you and good luck in the near and distant future.
Ha.. That is pretty funny.. great taste!

I guess you skipped the R35 GTR tho.. good choice!

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
GMG
Tarrett
RSS
Torque solution
PMNA
all make these parts.
Ive seen RSS on the most cars.. Plus had great success with their roll bar...!

Porsche Motorsports is crazzzzzzzy $$$$$$.. My dad actually had some old used stuff laying around off an 997 RSR.. But i chose new fresh RSS instead..

The RSS stuff looks great.. Works great and customer service has been great.. So no brainer for me there..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Anyone know where to find the special tools required to accomplish the installation of the Tarmac2 kit parts on my .1RS? According to the folks at RSS, the most challenging task is separating the front lower control arm from the upright. I searched the internet thoroughly, but most tools appear to be for earlier and non-RS models. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

TopSpeed.. the shop that did my install did not use any special tools.. But the front control arm was a pain to get off!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:20 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Contact ME for RSS parts - your best source for info/best price/whatever else ya need
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

many friends have told me changing to these RSS components will generate a lot of noise since they are monoballs.. however i keep reading otherwise on here... can anyone chime in with personal experience? do they make a lot of noise? the roads in Hong Kong are quite harsh and not smooth at all.. that is why i am thinking if i should get these.. any insight will be appreciated!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dog Bones, LCAs,etc I think I had 1 guy who said maybe he could hear a little something, but amazingly no one else reports anything negative --
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 AM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Leh, did they just use a conventional pickle fork for the front LCA separation? Thanks again for the info the other day.

Quick Reply: GT3 and RS Must Have suspension mod.... Pics a plenty..