Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Thoughts on my geo/allignment settings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Huh? 1.98 plays 2.1. Certainly not a great job if fresh from the alignment rack, not the most heinous offence either.

I'm no Jackie Stewart but can certainly tell these cars can push on the street. Enough to have me rush to get an alignment check within days of delivery. Dialed it up from -1.4 front (which was OEM in my particular case) to -2.0 and all was well again.
Lost me here...front is -1.59 degrees left and -2.06 degrees right.....to me that can be a lot tighter spec.

I didn't know Gibbo is in Europe and I'm not familiar with roads and speed laws outside the US but where I live the roads are flat, straight and boring. Only fun can be on a highway on or off ramp! LOL So here in Florida you have to be driving highly illegal to get a Porsche that is dialed in to push on the street...unless the tires are cold and you hit that highway ramp.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Gibbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Lost me here...front is -1.59 degrees left and -2.06 degrees right.....to me that can be a lot tighter spec.

I didn't know Gibbo is in Europe and I'm not familiar with roads and speed laws outside the US but where I live the roads are flat, straight and boring. Only fun can be on a highway on or off ramp! LOL So here in Florida you have to be driving highly illegal to get a Porsche that is dialed in to push on the street...unless the tires are cold and you hit that highway ramp.
He means it is in mintues.

So -1.59 minutes is -1.98 in the way your thinking.

Allignment machines work in minutes so the maximum they go is 0.59, 1.59. 2.59 etc and obviously after 59 in a minute is a new hour.

So my front being -1.59 and -2.06 is essentially -1.97 and -2.03 in the way your thinking so actually pretty damn close, certainlyh nothing to worry about.

Make sense?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on my geo/allignment settings?