Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:45 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

more from COTA facebook

Jack M

I was literally one of your biggest backers. Every single time you needed local citizens down at City Hall to make sure that you got your permits and permissions, I was there. I was there, speaking well on your behalf, explaining to the skeptical city council how this was a good thing for Austin and all the wonderful things that would happen once you guys were up and running. There have been decisions made over the years that I thought were not the best, but I never wavered in my support. Today you have made me look like a fool to all of my friends in the motorsports and local community.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
It would be great if some big name racers got on their face book page saying what a crock it is to screw over the true enthusiasts like us
+1....as many big name racers came up through the ranks and participated in the very programs they are now screwing.

Being from South Texas and proud to call that area my hometown, it is a shame that they are treating the public this way. As has been pointed out, it is the public funds they leveraged to build COTA.

My boys were just asking if we could go to F1 this year and COTA would have been perfect as we could have planned an entire week or two to do the race and visit family and friends. Not going to support the facility if that is how they are going to "support" the local enthusiast that pays the money to support them.

COTA fail.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:25 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

+1 on all posts.
I guess we all have to buy Lambo's so we can do parade laps!

Last edited by tgavem; 12-22-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:50 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOL!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 01:52 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Have they seen Sebring? Somehow they manage to do it, and that's probably the most poorly maintained track I've never been to.

This sucks.... Hopefully MVP finds out one way or the other asap. There's another event going on at the same time I'll attend if this is a no go, but that's filling up fast. Myself and 3 other people actually rented a RV to get out to Austin so we'll wait impatiently to see if we need to cancel.

Shame as I know Mark put a ton of work into negotiating and organizing this fiasco.
Road Atlanta is like that too, they make sure the track surface is good and completely ignore the rest. The bathrooms are nasty, paddock cracked and raggedy. The hot pits used to be like going off roading for a few years to get on the track. Took race cars not even beng able to make it to the track in one piece for them to fix it. But they will cut down trees to add more gravel parking lots for ALMS weekend so they can charge more people an arm and a leg to park on site. Hopefully now that NASCAR owns both, there will be some improvements.

Originally Posted by Izzone
As much as I hate it, when they do open up for DE im there.......

If they can get $50k a day thats good for them

My fingers are crossed that David Murray will still be on since they are during the week
I'm crossed on this, the excitement of any track is knowing that you can benchmark yourself against the other amateur drivers that go there. Going to an unobtanium like track for more enthusiasts is like going to a resort and being the only one there. Pass. While I really want to drive the track (probably been the biggest fanboy around since having been there) and probably would be open to forgive, it makes no sense as long as the regulars can't get on it (SCCA, NASA, NARRA, BMWCCA, PCA). There is no way I DE there until they come to their senses. Absolutely no way unless they honor Marks contract. Might TT there though if NARRA or NASA is on it.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

from Michael Mueller on COTA facebook

You have an amazing facility which has been been warmly embraced by the motorsports community in the United States and the world at-large. To not allow amateur racing and track-day club events is alienating a huge portion of this community which has great interest in experiencing your facility both on the track as competitors and off the track as spectators. I'm both a racing fan and a 2-time SCCA National Champion racer. I was there all 3-days of the Formula 1 event. I was also looking forward to the possibility of one day racing on this same track. I know that there has been great anticipation from within the ranks of the SCCA membership of getting the chance to race at COTA, perhaps even someday to hold our National Championship event there. The amateur racing and enthusiast communities are a passionate group. You need us as spectators to make your facility financial viable. This decision to close your doors to us as competitors will likely mean you've lost us a spectators for your pro-events. Good luck and Bah! Humbug!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

COTA press release...full of bull****.

Circuit of The Americas’ statement on track rental program

Circuit of The Americas™ today set the record straight on the venue’s track rental program and responded to questions raised in social media forums about the program’s future direction. “Circuit of The Americas currently offers a track rental program for organizations and clubs and private individuals that provides automotive enthusiasts with a world-class experience at the United States’ only purpose-built Formula 1™ facility,” Circuit spokesperson Julie Loignon said. “We have had inquiries and discussions with a number of organizations that are interested in renting our facility, and we’ve determined that we will not be able to work with all of them in the coming year. We have contacted organizations that did not have fully executed rental agreements to inform them of our decision. We regret not being able to assist them with a track rental in 2013 and hope there are other ways we can accommodate their interest in Circuit of The Americas in the future.”
Old 12-22-2012, 03:43 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like COTA just turned into Kotex.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
money is tiny matter
integrity is all we have
business without integrity is not worth supporting
Couldn't have said it better. Right to the point.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
FWIW - COTA has NOT cancelled the DMTD on March 13-14. You can still sign up for the DMTD event here: http://davidmurry.com/2013-eventsreg...f-the-americas

If, in the end, the event is cancelled, David Murry will refund 100% of your fee.
Wow is that for sure. Works better for my schedule, I was already signed up. Sure hope he is able to keep his event...
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Circuit Of Terminated Agreements
Old 12-22-2012, 04:16 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol
Old 12-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
Circuit Of Terminated Agreements
Lol, ha ha ha ha.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:57 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Does Bernie E. have any ownership in COTA?
Old 12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a big, fat, undulating white elephant!

when does it get bulldozed?

Quick Reply: COTA cancelling track rentals???