Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

TWS Practice Day before MVP event at COTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Bad idea for a noob to show up at this kind of event. Neither the noob nor the rest would have a good time. As I understand it, this is a solo driver only event, and based on the forum it is being advertised in, I suspect it will be filled with a lot of very fast cars.
Hopefully some fast drivers in those fast cars. I agree not a place to throw a newb in the fray.

Peter
Old 12-27-2012, 12:02 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Hopefully some fast drivers in those fast cars. I agree not a place to throw a newb in the fray.

Peter
Hope so too. Or at least safe and aware.

I'm really excited to have some folks from outside of the immediate area come and drive TWS. It's fast, flows well, and for the most part has good runoff.

I'm going to bring my car, but I'm prepared to spend as much time riding with folks as they want. I've got a few laps on the track.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sstjohn. Best thing you can do is get Deputydog to drive faster start a day earlier and all of you drive the track. Send him the link I posted, the track just flows so well with lots of great corners. And since we have the whole track there will be lots and lots of room.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:26 PM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Sstjohn. Best thing you can do is get Deputydog to drive faster start a day earlier and all of you drive the track. Send him the link I posted, the track just flows so well with lots of great corners. And since we have the whole track there will be lots and lots of room.
I am with you guys on no Novices. A lot of sharks in this group.

Yes, just have to overcome DD's laziness and Greek/ElMatador's general incompotence at organization and scheduling. Doable, but no slam dunk.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

ddog has to motivate the eurotrash twins......almost an imposible task
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd like to come, but towing from MNpolis and have to work on Jan 30th until 3pm or so...

Any possibility of doing a little afternoon shake down? I don't mind paying full price, but would need a later provision to get a personal "drivers' meeting."
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

No problem with coming in late ill handle the drivers meeting individually with you. Just let us know how we can help the track is great. Again suggest everyone go up tot he link from PCA on the line. It's a great start and I'm sure everyone will find their own fast form that point.

CKit Just PM me and we can exchange info and get you set up.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Ok we are at 17 now. I called the track and left a message that we are fully on for the event. Will get a check out to them Monday and post this on Clubregistration as soon as I do that. Can't wait to meet a bunch of you I am driving TWS in mid January and will get it swept off for you guys.

Happy New Year.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Ok we are at 17 now. I called the track and left a message that we are fully on for the event. Will get a check out to them Monday and post this on Clubregistration as soon as I do that. Can't wait to meet a bunch of you I am driving TWS in mid January and will get it swept off for you guys.

Happy New Year.
Thanks for all of your efforts to get this together. Look forward to meeting you.

tal
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 PM
CKit
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 13 Posts

What time do you think you'll be running until?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Just got the confirmation we are on the TWS Schedule. Asked Clubregistration.net to put it up on the site will let you guys know when it's done. Still would like some more drivers.

I think Viking and Mglobe will be there to help learn the track gratis, and VR will be there if anyone wants to work out sharing his services for the day let me know.

And thanks to all of you who offered to pay double I wouldn't have taken that but it's nice to know you guys are out there. ClubRegistration.net Wednesday.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Good Morning and Happyi New Year

The open track day you expressed interest in before COTA has been listed on clubregistration.net

Create an account if you don't have one then search events using the word "Texas".

Garages are included in your track fee, and we will be sending out track information, including the tech forms, maps, rules, video and more.

The paddock is large with plenty of room for Trailers up to 18 wheelers. We will be sending out info on which gate to use based on your rig size. Camping is allowed at TWS for Wednesday night.

We look forward to meeting all of you and showing some Texas Hospitality as well as showing off our little ol track.

Mglobe and Viking should be around to do the drivers meeting and help with learning our track for anyone that would like. Please let me know if you would like someone in your car for a few laps to help you so Mike can make sure we have enough coaching on hand.

Once again we can't wait to meet all of you. Oh and did I mention drive Two Tracks.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
4forme
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Vonschmidt! I'm signed up.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 PM
tonypai
Racer

Charles

Thanks for putting this together. I'm signed up and paid. I'll get my other three compatriots to register as well.

We're looking forward to a great event and meeting some new friends.

Tony
Old 01-01-2013, 04:00 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Signed up and paid.

Quick Reply: TWS Practice Day before MVP event at COTA