Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

TWS Practice Day before MVP event at COTA

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM
tonypai
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
Great news guys. Mglobe the official CMM of the TWS Track (Chief Martini Maker) has agreed to coach anyone that would like some pointers on the Best Little Track in Texas for FREE.

He just told me the opportunity to meet some RListers will be fun.

Just part of the true Texas Hospitality we offer down here, So don't miss out we will get some kind of signup sheet running mid month.
Sweet!

Us northern folk from Chicago can use all the help we can get.

We'll be in the big rig with a R8, two M3s and ummm a miata.

Stop by and say hello!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

I'll let Mike field that on VR. All know you do this for a living that's why we hire you.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
savowood
Advanced

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Awesome idea !
TWS is a diamond in the rough, COTA a diamond.

I've been driving and instructing at TWS for 25+ years and it still brings a smile to my face every lap.
If you guys need some local help to jump start you with the quirks of TWS I am sure we could get a good experienced group of instructors/coaches to help.
I'm in to assist with instruction as well. I live in Austin, but spend an inordinate amount of time at TWS. I think it's becoming my second office. I've taken quite a few conference calls while nestled away in the quietest part of the track I can find.

Let me know if there's a need for someone to help.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:28 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Well there is good reason why Dave can charge money and I don't, but I can definitely help folks out getting acclimated. Spend a session with me and then have Dave ride with you. The money you spend for him in the right seat is well worthwhile.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 853 Posts

Haha! Just messin'... Anyway, there are lots of folks who can help newbies to TWS lear the track.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

VR. How are you doing on booking for the Main event other than me of course, do we need to stir up some more interest in that.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Count me in
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 813 Likes on 466 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Count me in

Sweet somebody has to keep Randy in line since Peter isn't coming.

Peter
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please summarize all details, i'm to tired to read this whole thread but, if jenk is in, I may be too. Thanks, Allan
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Read the very first post it has all the details. We have 15 people so far looking for 10 more. Pricate Track event and have some local PCA instructors that can join us to give a fast start to this great track. Come join us it's well worth it.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Here is a track video made by our local PCA clubs on the track. Run Counter Clockwise which is the way they run our Club Race. We also run Clockwise two very different tracks that way.

http://www.lsrpca.com/linked_docs/de...on%20Vimeo.mp4
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 853 Posts

VR. How are you doing on booking for the Main event other than me of course, do we need to stir up some more interest in that.
Well...when COTA cancelled the event, it really screwed me up in a big way, since a bunch of folks came out of the woodwork wanting me to work with them on that Friday at TWS (open track day). So I am in a bit of a bind, especially since PCA is at TWS that weekend, too...now that COTA reversed itself and the event is back on again.

Let me try to unravel things. But one thing is certain--I will be at TWS on your day, Thursday 1/31, presuming it happens!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
sstjohn
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Read the very first post it has all the details. We have 15 people so far looking for 10 more. Pricate Track event and have some local PCA instructors that can join us to give a fast start to this great track. Come join us it's well worth it.
Are newbies allowed at this event? I have a customer in San Antonio that is possibly interested but he is a track virgin. Selfishly, it would get me a car (albeit a Corvette) to help flog for a day while Deputy Dog mosies his way out to Texas with my car. Just not sure this is the right group to throw a novice out there with.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

We will not have instructors so we are building our ranks from the experienced drivers already qualified as instructors or accepted at the COTA event. That said you might get him to come over and RIDE with you in his car to help get the hook into him. He can then sign up for a fews DE events with TWS or PCA. Two birds with one stone.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Are newbies allowed at this event? I have a customer in San Antonio that is possibly interested but he is a track virgin. Selfishly, it would get me a car (albeit a Corvette) to help flog for a day while Deputy Dog mosies his way out to Texas with my car. Just not sure this is the right group to throw a novice out there with.

Bad idea for a noob to show up at this kind of event. Neither the noob nor the rest would have a good time. As I understand it, this is a solo driver only event, and based on the forum it is being advertised in, I suspect it will be filled with a lot of very fast cars.

Quick Reply: TWS Practice Day before MVP event at COTA