Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Need videos of those who snuck off to RD ATL

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:58 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

peter - looks like you have your indicator ready for point-by!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
The 1st of many. But for MDrums I did get a point by from a lowly GTS after ******* him for a Lap. you have got to love turns 1 thru 7 and 10A thru 12 in a momentum, car good times.

Peter
Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
The 1st of many. But for MDrums I did get a point by from a lowly GTS after ******* him for a Lap. you have got to love turns 1 thru 7 and 10A thru 12 in a momentum, car good times.

Peter
What car are you bringing over to Chin Sebring event?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
Akra sport cup
All ballers have Titanium exhausts, unfair advantage.

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Yea, ron is a great guy. I've had in in the right seat my first time at Sebring
Unfair advantage. Explains.

Originally Posted by mike1111
It is amazing to see how relaxed and effortless Ron makes it look. I have been on the right seat several times when being coached by him..
But Randy also? Same laptime! he relaxed randy a lot, his whole drive seemed effrtless compared to other monkeying laps in the past. Sure looks a lot faster to me. I hope he forgets before he gets to Sebring next week.

Originally Posted by Izzone
pic 1

tire compression
Love the pics!

Originally Posted by wanna911
Good stuff Randy and Grady. Those are some good times. Weather was perfect cool and sunny. What was deputy's fastest?
1.353 pretty fast. I think he's better at lying (Did it so long for a living right?) and hiding his modes. Too fast for big bird.

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
Yeah, probably like Eddie kind of Point by. let me go look up the Sebring in the dark at 48 hours last year where I get 20 point by's and never can get near his rear bumper LOL.
I did get good at aiming Xenon high beams at his inside mirror...
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jenk12m
we had a few of the DE CUP crew make a trip to road atlanta and set some of their best lap times. looking for video to confirm these lap times
Here is a look from the back of the pack

That is the famous DeputyDawg in the right seat giving the instructions. I got signed off to solo but still wanted some help. I think 1:42ish was our best lap.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Of those on hand, I think Grady's sounded the best by far, obviously due to the headers on top of the center bypass. Paver's SW bypass sounded good, as well. I got to meet both of them, but other DE Cup celebs were busy so I never had a chance with others.

I had a lot of fun just spectating, and I hope I'm on the track some next year, provided I can sell my 993 and get into a 997.1 GT3 in a few months.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Unfair advantage. Explains.

But Randy also? Same laptime! he relaxed randy a lot, his whole drive seemed effrtless compared to other monkeying laps in the past. Sure looks a lot faster to me. I hope he forgets before he gets to Sebring next week.

Love the pics!

1.353 pretty fast. I think he's better at lying (Did it so long for a living right?) and hiding his modes. Too fast for big bird.

Yeah, probably like Eddie kind of Point by. let me go look up the Sebring in the dark at 48 hours last year where I get 20 point by's and never can get near his rear bumper LOL.
I did get good at aiming Xenon high beams at his inside mirror...
You're about the be balling too... no shame

I agree that I don't see the coach being any better than Randy. I wouldn't be happy if my coach couldn't put at least a second on me effortlessly ...

You have no shame Peter, trying to blind me over and over again...
I'm installing a pair of brass ***** on my exhaust tips and high beams on the rear bumper, just for you ... ops... not going to happen, you have a 4.0 this year.... maybe I need to do that on the GT2
Old 11-26-2012, 10:19 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 814 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
What car are you bringing over to Chin Sebring event?
The Blue Tractor with Ian riding right seat.

Peter
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Great video Randy...I agree with Trakcar you do seem a little more relaxed compared to other video's.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The measure of a good coach is not how fast he can drive your car, it's how fast he can get YOU to drive your car. If the coach leaves and I'm significantly faster than I was, especially while being smoother and making it easier, money well spent. Randy is no scrub, I would imagine a coach would have to work to put some time on him, that should boost his confidence. Seems like he made a good investment to me.

Anyone could put Leh in their car and let him go nuts and set a crazy fast time, how much will that help when you are trying to duplicate opposite lock exiting turn 5 (the turn with the most crashes) with your foot to the floor? Good luck with that. Andrew Davis only had limited laps in my car and did not surpass my fastest times, in fact he was shocked that the car would go as fast as I said it did, his track record speaks for itself though (poles in Cup Cars, World Challenge etc.) and I was faster at the end of the day. Goal accomplished!!! Coach recommended!!!

Skeen offered to take a few laps in my car as well, may just let him do it, he's another guy that doesn't care what it is. Of course by the time he gets in it, my times will be faster.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
you have got to love turns 1 thru 7 and 10A thru 12 in a momentum, car good times.

Peter
No doubt. I took the E46 to RA both times this year for that very reason.

Funny, after the GT3, the E46 really feels like a momentum car, then you get there and get rolled up by some local, fast Spec E30's......I think it's time to totally strip the M3.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

The measure of a good coach is not how fast he can drive your car, it's how fast he can get YOU to drive your car. If the coach leaves and I'm significantly faster than I was, especially while being smoother and making it easier, money well spent. Randy is no scrub, I would imagine a coach would have to work to put some time on him, that should boost his confidence. Seems like he made a good investment to me.

Anyone could put Leh in their car and let him go nuts and set a crazy fast time, how much will that help when you are trying to duplicate opposite lock exiting turn 5 (the turn with the most crashes) with your foot to the floor? Good luck with that. Andrew Davis only had limited laps in my car and did not surpass my fastest times, in fact he was shocked that the car would go as fast as I said it did, his track record speaks for itself though (poles in Cup Cars, World Challenge etc.) and I was faster at the end of the day. Goal accomplished!!! Coach recommended!!!

Skeen offered to take a few laps in my car as well, may just let him do it, he's another guy that doesn't care what it is. Of course by the time he gets in it, my times will be faster.
Well said

I am very clear with a coach when I start......I want them to show me a clean fast line. I have no interest in drifting around a track attempting to do a flyer with opposite lock every other corner...........as well as data of a coach doing that in my car is useless to me.

Ron and I spent most data analysis on consistancy.....my best lap was a reference and we worked on making the delta t time of all the other laps as close as we could.....and we cleaned up the line a bit as we went

As I said, Ron was the best money spent for me on a coach......and I plan on using him again.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:24 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

I agree, also what Dez said. he got you driving the most like he did...and to my eyes it worked and got your lap time and driving to match what he did in your car for your base line that he drove to within your capability and request to learn within your requested limits; I.e. no opposite lock, crazy flyer lap but repeatable, relaxed consistent safe laps. Really shows to me, even compared to your most recent, after coaching videos.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ton of great coaches out there but sometimes one will just click better with the student and it seems ron has done that with randy. I know you've worked with chris hall and he's a good one

Your hands have really calmed down. I gues ron didn't care about your dirt track experience
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,676 Likes on 867 Posts

+1

Quick Reply: Need videos of those who snuck off to RD ATL