Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

possible DE by MVP at F1 track in Texas - COTA

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
I sent multiple emails last night and they bounced back. His inbox might be full, by the overwhelming response.

I need to wait until the end of the month to obtain data from the F1 race, as my PS3 F1 2012 simulator shows speeds too high at the 2 hairpins.

Also need to research how to install a DRS and a KERS in the Fiat.
My early email yesterday went through. Sent one just now and it bounced back.

Maybe Clarke GT3DE can spearhead a list for Mark of Rennlisters who are committed to attending.

Peter
Old 11-01-2012, 12:11 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Mark (MVP dude) emailed me to say that to email him and he will front-run the list for us and let us pre-register before opening it up to the public... but you have to send him your email now.
Just spoke with Mark and he confirmed that his regular e-mail address is not working. He asked me to let everyone know to e-mail him at Feffman@yahoo.com instead. He said the event can only take 135 participant and so far over 140 people want to come. So better e-mail him NOW and get your name on the preferred "rennlist front runner" if you are serious about coming!!!

Originally Posted by sstjohn
Why have 4,5,6....people tow from Florida. Get a car hauler, everyone fly to Austin and let somebody else do the work. Can't be much if any more money than vehicle miles, gas, hassle of towing. Plus it's easier to drink beer on a plane.
Yes, that's a better idea but how much does it cost to hire a car hauler for the whole week?

I sent multiple emails last night and they bounced back. His inbox might be full, by the overwhelming response.

I need to wait until the end of the month to obtain data from the F1 race, as my PS3 F1 2012 simulator shows speeds too high at the 2 hairpins.

Also need to research how to install a DRS and a KERS in the Fiat.
LOL

I have DRS installed on my Z06 and it's activated at speed over 70 mph regardless of DRS zone. Gonna get a KERS from e-bay tonight ...
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

I received an email this morning from BMW Club Racing. They are doing a Club Race there in conjunction w/ PCA DE. March 22-24, 2013

They are limiting to 45 cars per session.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:25 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Just got confirmation from Mark at Yahoo address. He got my email yesterday.

Now just need to line up some other tracks in the area to get the most out of the trip.

Peter
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Any interest from the socal / norcal contingent in hiring a carrier as well? Reno Fernley is now officially my maximum drive-to limit
Old 11-01-2012, 12:58 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 85Gold
My early email yesterday went through. Sent one just now and it bounced back.

Maybe Clarke GT3DE can spearhead a list for Mark of Rennlisters who are committed to attending.

Peter
I'm game but my email to him bounced as well. Seriously, who has an email box that in 2012 can get full?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by savyboy
I'm game but my email to him bounced as well. Seriously, who has an email box that in 2012 can get full?
e-mail Mark at Feffman@yahoo.com

Last edited by mikymu; 11-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:15 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 007DT
I received an email this morning from BMW Club Racing. They are doing a Club Race there in conjunction w/ PCA DE. March 22-24, 2013

They are limiting to 45 cars per session.
One thing about BMW and PCA DE is that they can be so restrictive with their rules - point by require for advance group etc - it almost spoil the fun. Hope MVP has more relax rules for advance drivers

Last edited by mikymu; 11-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just reviewed MVP track day rules - it's no better than PCA

Will e-mail Mark to find out if advance driver can pass without point by

Passing Only On Designated Straights and With a Wave By.
There is no passing in the turns. You can only pass another moving car on the track with a waive bye OR if we have bad weather we MAY allow the use of turn signals instead of the waive bye. We generally have the passing zones marked on these straights with cones.

Yes, we know there are slower drivers who forget to give the waive bye and you can pass them allowing plenty of room on the left side but only on the straights. Use your good judgment. If the track stewards see repeated offenses of ignoring blue flags (the flag waived at slower cars about to be passed), the offender will be called in.

Guests Are Welcome.
Guests are welcome to enjoy rides (not drive) with each paying driver in the Advanced or Intermediate run groups (sorry not the Novice group) as long as your guest(s) meet the age requirements (18) of the track and have a helmet meeting MVP Track Time's requirements. MVP TRACK TIME DOES NOT CHARGE FOR GUESTS!

If You Go Off-Track.
If you have an "off" while driving on track, there are consequences. These are listed below.

First Off: Come into the pit out and visit the track steward. You will be allowed to finish the session.

Second Off: Come into the pits, visit the track steward who will tell you to park it for the rest of that session.

Third Off: You are done driving for the day.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
One thing about BMW and PCA DE is that they can be so restrictive with their rules - point by require for advance group etc - it almost spoil the fun. Hope MVP has more relax rules for advance drivers
The DE Cup Platinum and Gold drivers execute passes without point-by, regardless of Club.

If a Platinum or Gold DE Cup driver goes crying to the organizers that he was passed by another Platinum or Gold DE Cup driver without a point-by, the penalties are as follow:

- DE Cup membership is terminated immediately and permanently.
- Invitations to our private parties, and after track parties are no longer sent.
- I give the license plate and car location to my amigos, they always take care of cars and crying drovers.

No crying allowed in DE Cup.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

The DE Cup Platinum and Gold drivers execute passes without point-by, regardless of Club.

If a Platinum or Gold DE Cup driver goes crying to the organizers that he was passed by another Platinum or Gold DE Cup driver without a point-by, the penalties are as follow:

- DE Cup membership is terminated immediately and permanently.
- Invitations to our private parties, and after track parties are no longer sent.
- I give the license plate and car location to my amigos, they always take care of cars and crying drovers.

No crying allowed in DE Cup.
LOL! I LOVE your rules and that's how it should be. We should have an orange sticker on the back of DE Cup cars so we know that's the car to pounce and not worry about waiting for point by. What do you do about the corner workers? They might black flag us if they see us passing without point by? One time our N-cal DE cup folks pass another slow moving car (none DE driver) in train of three and scare the **** out of him ... he literally came into pit crying and his hands was shaking
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just got word back from Mark, point by required in all groups for passing
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 65 Posts

How do you fl boys not get black flagged with that approach?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
senna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rad for President!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikymu
Just got word back from Mark, point by required in all groups for passing
Its not the point bye so much as the no passing in turns that sucks. Still no reason for me not to go.

Peter

Quick Reply: possible DE by MVP at F1 track in Texas - COTA